Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Ember So Fragile Yet Has No Speed To Show For It?

Enomilli

Ember has basic shielding, no defensive abilities(Overheat kind of counts but not really) and really low armor.

Other frames who have similar stats are much faster than Ember and have instant CC(Sonic Boom,Pull, M. Prime).

Give Ember a speed boost to make up for her squishy body; as of right now Ember is both fragile and the same speed as Excalibur, who has much more armor and faster CC skills as well as stunning capabilities.

Trinity has basic shielding, no defensive abilities(Link kind of counts but not really) and really low armor.

Other frames who have similar stats are much faster than Trinity and have instant CC(Sonic Boom,Pull, M. Prime).

Give Trinity a speed boost to make up for her squishy body; as of right now Trinity is both fragile and the same speed as Excalibur, who has much more armor and faster CC skills as well as stunning capabilities.

Trinity has basic shielding, no defensive abilities(Link kind of counts but not really) and really low armor.

Other frames who have similar stats are much faster than Trinity and have instant CC(Sonic Boom,Pull, M. Prime).

Give Trinity a speed boost to make up for her squishy body; as of right now Trinity is both fragile and the same speed as Excalibur, who has much more armor and faster CC skills as well as stunning capabilities.

Trinity...can heal...?

A skill that gives the whole team invincibility isn't defensive? Might I add that with one of the new mods in the vault she can almost double the invincibility duration.

This is really my main concern for her. A frame that is build like hers and is week as hers should never have been this slow. Damage wise with all the new mods i think she will be fine, but even with maxed rush she doesnt seem fast enough to me. I would complain about her survivalbility post rework, but DE seems to refuse the idea of making her even semi strong in that department. If they made her as fast as Ash, i would be perfectly content with her overall tbh.

Trinity...can heal...?

who cares? Trinity'd have to blow her ult to not get killed by damage that still can't even break Ember's shield.

Ember is the single most durable frame in the entire game (again). compared to Ember, even Rhino is made of glass.

Trinity has basic shielding

If making the entire group invincible for a lengthy period of time, with infinite range, and the added bonus of a full heal to shields and health is basic shielding, I would love to know what you think advanced shielding is.

Well of life and Energy Vampire are both instant CCs, and Blessing is an almost instant defensive ability.

It was a good try, though.

who cares? Trinity'd have to blow her ult to not get killed by damage that still can't even break Ember's shield.

Ember is the single most durable frame in the entire game (again). compared to Ember, even Rhino is made of glass.

You're out of your mind.

Explain to me how Ember is more durable than Rhino. I would love to know.

....What? Um....no. No you're...you're totally wrong. Maybe she could have been BEFORE her "revamp", but as of now she is a shell of what she once was.

I think the reason she doesn't have great armor or speed is because she's meant to be insane damage. Her defense is going into a room and nuking everything before it can do a lot of damage. In theory.

A good theory. Sadly it doesn't hold up as much as it should. The Devs did hint that Ember will be given another look when her Prime version is released, so here's hoping they either go by this perceived theory, or just do something that will bring her back from the brink.

imo, she should be a fast, heavy cc nuker. I mean....she's fire, is she not? She should be charging through enemies, setting them ablaze. Her WoF does this to a degree, but I'd love to see her actually have her own version of slash dash, only heavily fire based and different enough to make it unique to her.

Edited by SoulEchelon

for those missing the point of my original post: complaining that an extremely durable frame is "squishy" because they need to use a power to be that durable is... ridiculous at best. that so many of you feel the need to jump and point out things that trinity has that ember does better (on her good factions, anyway) is kind of amusing tho.

You're out of your mind.

Explain to me how Ember is more durable than Rhino. I would love to know.

blind rage gives an obscene amount of power strength - meaning overheat can now block 91.6% damage.

that much damage reduction means she's able to sponge more than twenty one thousand damage.

rhino can't even get to eight thousand. with iron skin up. so he'll die before enemies get through ember's 10k shield. GG?

I think the reason she doesn't have great armor or speed is because she's meant to be insane damage. Her defense is going into a room and nuking everything before it can do a lot of damage. In theory.

if only she actually did damage I could agree. I love Ember to death so I hope something is done to make her great once more.

for those missing the point of my original post: complaining that an extremely durable frame is "squishy" because they need to use a power to be that durable is... ridiculous at best. that so many of you feel the need to jump and point out things that trinity has that ember does better (on her good factions, anyway) is kind of amusing tho.

blind rage gives an obscene amount of power strength - meaning overheat can now block 91.6% damage.

that much damage reduction means she's able to sponge more than twenty one thousand damage.

rhino can't even get to eight thousand. with iron skin up. so he'll die before enemies get through ember's 10k shield. GG?

Except Rhino still has a base armor of 150, making him MUCH more durable when your single defensive skill isn't active.

Except Rhino still has a base armor of 150, making him MUCH more durable when your single defensive skill isn't active.

a single energy siphon restores energy fast enough that overheat can be maintained indefinitely, especially if you use narrow minded. next?

Except that Rhino has 150 Armor, and couple that with Steel Fiber, and it's going to be over double that if it's maxed. This makes him so much more durable than Ember it's not even funny.

Rhino doesn't need to use an ability to be durable, unlike Ember. I think that's the point of this entire thread.

Wait... I don't follow. You mean to say that Ember's Overheat's damage reduction scales with power strength again?

Because everyone has the Blind Rage mod, and absolutely none of the other frames that are inherently stronger than Ember can use said mod.

a single energy siphon restores energy fast enough that overheat can be maintained indefinitely, especially if you use narrow minded. next?

Because everyone has Narrow Minded (which makes most of her other abilities ineffective), and absolutely none of the other frames that are inherently stronger than Ember can use said mod.

Oh, and to add: Energy Siphon is a - polarity. Ember has V. So in order to effectively use it, you'd have to forma her. So basically, in order for Ember to actually be as "powerful as Rhino", one would have to...

A: Get two very rare mods that have just came out, and could be subjected to changes.

B: Forma her at least once. Probably even more than that, since you'll need more energy to actually use those mods as well as others maxed.

Wait... I don't follow. You mean to say that Ember's Overheat's damage reduction scales with power strength again?

That's a good question. I remember them changing it to not being able to a good long while back.

Edited by SoulEchelon

She should be at leastas fast as Ash. She's a "mobile" caster so speed makes sense on her and she looks really muscular so...

Mhm, I feel like with her new new rework, she is going to get buffed to unreal levels. Then left alone for about 6 months and then nerfed for not being with in DEs vision.

Unfortunately this will probably happen.

No, it can't, not even close. Also Narrow minded makes the range on WoF basically melee. But yes, you can keep overheat up indefinitely due to other factors.

And Carillon, I do agree with you somewhat, Ember isn't quite as squishy as many people seem to think. However, her "squishyness" is much more noticeable than other frames because other frames with 100/100 or less base shields/health have insane CC which essentially prevents enemies from damaging them (Nyx and Vauban) or have much better defensive abilities (trinity). Obviously Ember is much better at tanking damage than a majority of frames but most other frames have abilities that allow them to avoid damage indirectly that are more effective.

Edited by merryfistmas