Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"The Old Blood" update made the Mastery Rank 25 Test Impossible

Maxim_M_Payne

You would think somebody would have bothered to actually think this through, but it's impossible to quickly exit my Archwing (or exit Archwing in the first place for that matter) to hit the timer bonus orbs with Melee during the test.

Prior to Melee 3.0 and Railjack, using the Melee key (E for my setup) would quickly and conveniently exit the player from their Archwing, and then we could follow up with a ground slam to land quickly.

Recently, those controls changed due to Railjack, and the eject was already bugged from the wonkiness that arose out of Melee 3.0 Phase 2's (useless) "air combos" and how the coding couldn't parse the conflicting commmands to attack mid-air and launch us out.

I presumed that at the very least, if I panicked and used Q key to access my gear wheel, I could manually force my Archwing to eject me; which has one slight problem due to gear items being disabled in Mastery tests, so I can't use my gear wheel to do that.

In short, the test is impassable via poor control changes. I cannot exit my Archwing once I enter it; and without my Archwing, no matter how well modded my Zephyr is, I can't reach the platforms to get the bonus time quickly enough.

DE, can you please just revert Archwing eject's key-binding to E for atmospheric flight? It was quick, it was simple, and it worked. We can't use Arch-melee weapons in-atmosphere anyway, and if you rebound eject to another key; the key bindings settings do not list where it is in the options.

Congratulations, developers. I am stuck unable to become Sage rank; because I can't leave my jetpack in a test where the starting time limit is fifteen seconds.

Revert in-atmosphere controls for Archwing so E key is still eject. It's the simplest and most direct fix for this self-defeating mess.

I don't mean any disrespect, ladies and gentlemen. I simply want to actually be able to complete this blasted test.

The single keybinding change I've made from default is setting "Switch Fire Mode" to the T key, because, with all due respect, MOUSE3 is an abominable, awkward click that nothing should ever be bound to; and I find it to be, effectively, a bit of hardware snobbery that forces you to purchase a side-trigger computer mouse. (Draw what conclusions you will about my opinion on DE making heavy attacks MOUSE3-bound.)

I don't think changing that singular key could have caused this, especially since I instead have chat bound to ENTER key. Nothing is hanging on its own without a set key, I've double and triple-checked. But if I try to use the melee key as I did pre-3.0 to exit Archwing, nothing happens, and key bindings settings under OPTIONS don't list any eject control for Archwing either, only how to manouvre around in it. Screenshots below of the keybindings listing.

TGMbbuY.jpg

5JSrg3n.jpg

Does anyone know any way at all to fix this? 'Cause either DE reverts the eject control back to the melee button, or I'm stuck on this MR test forever.

Last time I checked using E ejected me from my archwing like it always did. Something doesn't seem to be right on your end.

EDIT: just re-did the MR 25 test and E to disembark from AW still worked just like it always did.

Edited by EDM774

When they dropped Old Blood, they added two keybinds to Q and E that prevented using Q and E in archwing. Then there was a hotfix, but users needed to manually press "Defaults". Try setting default binds or manually finding and removing these two.

Edited by Nakti
typo