Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Impossible?

ForbiddenAlias

17 hours ago, superiouz said:

If u running ivara or loki. U better to stay solo. Kill it with melee (co bloodrush) put gladiator set in your deconstructor. For arcane if u have it put fury and melee speed (i forgot what it call) sure maybe it takes long to kill but it will kill it eventually. 

Thanks very much for your reply!

For the Deconstructor, I understand that you're recommending that I equip these Gladiator set mods: Gladiator Might, Rush & Vice.  However, If these are the only 3 Gladiator Set mods that I'm equipping across my total load-out - then I'm only getting a partial set bonus of +30% critical chance per combo multiplier. 

Also, the warframe Arcanes that you're recommending are: Fury & Strike:  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Fury  and https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Strike

Question # 1: Should I also be equipping the remaining 3 Gladiator set mods (Aegis, Finesse & Resolve) on my warframe in order to get the full set bonus of +60% critical chance per combo multiplier? 

Question # 2: Could you share your builds for Loki/Ivara (Prime), weapons (primary, secondary & melee) & Helios (Prime) sentinel with the Deconstructor (Prime) sentinel weapon equipped?

Question # 3: For my equipped  melee weapon: a) when you mention Condition Overload & Blood Rush - are you suggesting I mod for a balance of cit. chance, crit. damage & status?  b) which melee weapons work best against a Kuva Lich?

10 hours ago, Shalath said:

Sure, nothing special really. I mostly suck at builds.

sa6MmBD.jpg9XbSqSO.jpg

Melee might work for some Liches with Ivara but mine had Iron Skin which I had to get through and I found my energy vanished very quickly using melee so that's why I went with Dread.

Thanks again for sharing your builds for Ivara & Dread!  

I see that your Ivara build maximizes duration & energy reserves.  I'm guessing that this will help in keeping Prowl (invisibility) up & running for as long as possible.

Your Dread build appears to be balanced between crit. chance/damage plus status chance (specifically Corrosive damage).  

Questions for anyone that has a great deal of experience fighting many Liches:  1) Does equipping a weapon with a balanced build (crit. chance/damage & status chance) very effective in fighting Liches? 2) If not, which weapons & builds have you found to be most effective against Liches?

On 2020-04-11 at 8:08 AM, ForbiddenAlias said:

How am i supposed to compete? i just hit mastery rank 9 and barely have any decent mods

This is probably both the question AND the answer.

To be able to stand your ground (or even facetank while laughing like a maniac) a rank 5 Kuva Lich you need extremely sturdy Warframes with a lot of maxed mods and preferably, Arcanes. An Inaros with enough armor and HP (think Sacrificial Fiber/Vitality), Guardian and Grace arcanes is perfectly capable of doing just that. So is Nezha, Nidus, Revenant and probably even Rhino - but that's a LOT of Endo for a MR9 player. 

To stomp out thralls and other grineer surrounding that rank 5 lich you likewise, need weapons capable of melting their faces off - and without access to some of meta DPS Primaries/Secondaries of that tier, we're probably talking multi-forma melee builds with Weeping Wounds+Coundition Overload or Sarficial Steel/Pressure and or Blood Rush for status/crit builds - again, a ton of Endo. So unless you can somehow afford it, resort either to cheesing them from stealth - as others have pointed, solo Ivara should do the trick, or asking a friend/clanmate to help.

Just remember that at some point you will be able to headbutt a lich to death while watching a TV show at the same time, turning liches of any rank from terror to nuisance - Warframe allows for some ridiculous power growth - given some time and effort ^^

Edited by Reifnir

Spoiler

dsdALrdo.png

u can swap vitality for anything u like since u always prowl. u can swap energize with anything

focus : zenurik/naramon power spike

this is why u should solo. because if u runing squad or duo, then the other teammate is not stealth frame u most likely fk up, because the enemy will aware and u will get hit with aoe damage from enemy.

runing out of energy ? then put cloak arow and dash it or put energy pizza.

the most important is stay solo.

9 hours ago, GkarB5 said:

Thanks very much for your reply!

For the Deconstructor, I understand that you're recommending that I equip these Gladiator set mods: Gladiator Might, Rush & Vice.  However, If these are the only 3 Gladiator Set mods that I'm equipping across my total load-out - then I'm only getting a partial set bonus of +30% critical chance per combo multiplier.

hmmm.. its just a bonus, doesnt matter how big, u should not  depend on the gladiator set, its just a bonus because its not in your warframe / weapon mods, its in your deconstructor, because even if your helio dies, the bonus still on.

Also, the warframe Arcanes that you're recommending are: Fury & Strike:  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Fury  and https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Strik

yes, but if u running ivara then change 1 of them to arcane energize if u have . if not ? not a big deal.

Question # 1: Should I also be equipping the remaining 3 Gladiator set mods (Aegis, Finesse & Resolve) on my warframe in order to get the full set bonus of +60% critical chance per combo multiplier? 

Question # 2: Could you share your builds for Loki/Ivara (Prime), weapons (primary, secondary & melee) & Helios (Prime) sentinel with the Deconstructor (Prime) sentinel weapon equipped?

Question # 3: For my equipped  melee weapon: a) when you mention Condition Overload & Blood Rush - are you suggesting I mod for a balance of cit. chance, crit. damage & status?  b) which melee weapons work best against a Kuva Lich?

1. no if it doesnt fit your warframe build. because like i said before, its just a bonus.

2, helio build anything u like. deconstructor i only put gladiator mod only, and its just rank 0, maybe if its still have space put anything u like.

primary and secondary ? hmmm

its depend on what your mission type, lich type and lich weakness and variety enemy.

3.a im suggesting that because with that build u can get highest possible damage from your melee, but for initial damage its low. 

3.b for me ? i like fast melee, but its doesnt matter, all melee is good if u have the right mod, and multi forma in it. so,,,, your best melee weapon. like any melee u have riven maybe should do the trick.

last time i do the lich mission maybe 2 month ago, and i dont even use my weapon because im just burning out to do the lich mission. i use mesa 4. all the mission.

msg me in game if u still confuse

Edited by superiouz

10 hours ago, GkarB5 said:

Thanks again for sharing your builds for Ivara & Dread!  

I see that your Ivara build maximizes duration & energy reserves.  I'm guessing that this will help in keeping Prowl (invisibility) up & running for as long as possible.

Your Dread build appears to be balanced between crit. chance/damage plus status chance (specifically Corrosive damage).  

Questions for anyone that has a great deal of experience fighting many Liches:  1) Does equipping a weapon with a balanced build (crit. chance/damage & status chance) very effective in fighting Liches? 2) If not, which weapons & builds have you found to be most effective against Liches?

Yes, maximum Prowl for Ivara. That Dread build is an old one from when corrosive was king and I just didn't bother changing it as silence was all I really needed so I could shoot and keep Prowl up.

A balanced build that uses the Lich's elemental weakness would be the most effective but with Ivara and a bow it doesn't really matter since they can't see you to attack. You can just fill them full of arrows until they go down.

I'd like to thank both seriouz & Shalath very much for providing such nicely detailed answers to my questions.  

I'll probably try fighting my Lich after Scarlet Spear ends on Apr. 28.  Hopefully, I'll be able to finally defeat my Lich.

Now I just have to decide whether to convert or vanquish him.