Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream Schedule: April 13 - 17

[DE]Helen

I do think some of the "conspiracy theories" I've read here and on Reddit have gone a bit too far. I do believe them when they say personal issues prevented the Devstream but I think it is more that those personal issues coupled with the what would have been the subject matter of today's Devstream prevented it. I look forward to the next Devstream whenever it happens and I hope every one at DE is taking care of themselves and are doing well (and certainly condolences to Rebb, we love you Space Mom!).

That said, the next Devstream is going to be perhaps the most crucial in DE's history. All of the criticisms, all of the issues with Warframe have really come to a head recently, especially with the last three content updates (Liches, Railjack, Scarlet Spear) suffering largely from the same problems, the neverending Nightwave intermission, and the last few reworks (Melee, Damage, Arcanes) not sticking the landing. There are also a number of lingering issues, like Universal Vacuum, that seem constantly brushed off, ignored or dismissed with no real explanation as to why by DE. Here are some of the issues, as stated above, expanded upon as I see them:

Liches, Railjack, Scarlet Spear - While each of these three updates have suffered from or continue to suffer from their own respective issues (bugs, balance issues, etc.) they also share many of the same larger issues, namely excessive grind, discouraging rng, and just not being very fun in their current states. It also doesn't help that Railjack and the Lich system were so drastically different on launch then they were previously presented. Railjack in particular was disappointing for me because it was just another content island. I loved the open worlds (and would like to see more) but they were also largely content islands, and if there is going to be more and if there's going to be a future for Railjack, they need to be integrated into the larger game.

Nightwave - Honestly, this intermission has gone on far too long, I get that it takes a while to develop the story-based Nightwaves, but in that case, I think the simplest solution would be to allow players to either reset the Nightwaves after a certain point (so they can try to get some of the rewards over again) or, as I would prefer it, and especially for the intermissions, put all of the rewards in the shop (at reasonable costs - NO EXCESSIVE GRIND) and reward credits for gaining levels. Give players that choice. 

Melee - I like most of what was done here, but it isn't without its flaws (e.g. between it and the Damage rework, Exalted (melee) Weapons were destroyed) and the biggest issue is that it still felt like a work in progress but one that got abandoned after a while, and with no recent discussion of it by DE, we as players can only assume that is the case, that it has been abandoned. 

Damage - This traded one issue for another. Now instead of Corrosive, the new way favors Viral, and many of the status effects still don't feel useful (Magnetic, Impact) or feel considerably worse (Gas, Corrosive). Status shotguns also went from potentially overpowered to severely underpowered. Crit is also still king, and probably moreso after this rework, which I believed is directly opposed to one of the stated intentions of the rework. 

Arcanes - The big takeaway from this one lots of nerfs, a few buffs and oh yeah, more grind!

Universal Vacuum - This one has been brushed off, laughed off, and dismissed for years and with never really any explanation as to why, and it is really indicative of the communication issues between DE and the community. What is the issue here? What does Universal Vacuum hurt? If it's an issue that not everyone wants it, why can't it be made a toggle, or a mod that disables it (like Titania)? 

Am 17.4.2020 um 23:38 schrieb (PS4)canchis2011:

Just make sure to have your twitch linked on your warframe account to do that just go to account management on Warframe.com and link em you dont need twitch prime to receive the rewards just watch for at least 30 mins

It tells me they are linked, still didnt get anything ..weird

Archived