Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream Schedule: April 13 - 17

[DE]Helen

Just now, HolySeraphin said:

It isn't just about DE. You're advertising his video to any other warframe user on an official DE post, which is likely to get a lot of views. Not everyone knows who is Rahetalius or follow his channel, and that's where the advertising comes in. Basically anyone that is interested in the streams will see this post, and likely your comment, and they MIGHT view his video. This works as avertising for Rahetalius, because his video will get more views. It goes like this:

You: Hey devs, what do you think of Rahetalius video?

Player 1: Who is Rahetalius? (User searches on youtube)

Player 2: Oh, he made a video? Better check that out. (opens youtube)

(Rahetalius gets more views and popularity)

The problem with this is people discuss ideas from warframe videos FREQUENTLY. They'd have to get rid of every single mention of any warframe youtuber and their ideas, by your logic. I frequently see posts like "brozimes idea for a (insert x warframe) looks good!" or "X youtuber said Y weapon is actually really good"  in feedback threads. Why aren't those posts removed for advertising? 

6 minutes ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

The problem with this is people discuss ideas from warframe videos FREQUENTLY. They'd have to get rid of every single mention of any warframe youtuber and their ideas, by your logic. I frequently see posts like "brozimes idea for a (insert x warframe) looks good!" or "X youtuber said Y weapon is actually really good"  in feedback threads. Why aren't those posts removed for advertising? 

Because that's feedback, not advertising. They're discussing the content of the video and giving their own opinions about it. They are on their proper threads and are more focused on discussing if the idea is good or bad WHILE giving their own opinions of why it is good or bad instead of promoting the video.

"Brozime's idea is good, because x warframe would be able to help a team at high level content." - feedback on the feedback thread

"Hey, check out Brozime's video!/ What do you think of Brozime's video?"- advertising on a Livestreams and contest thread

Not only was your comment advertising, it is on an improper thread.

Just now, HolySeraphin said:

Because that's feedback, not advertising. They're discussing the content of the video and giving their own opinions about it. They are on their proper threads and are more focused on discussing if the idea is good or bad WHILE giving their own opinions of why it is good or bad. 

"Brozime's idea is good, because x warframe would be able to help a team at high level content." - feedback on the feedback thread

"Hey, check out Brozime's video!/ What do you think of Brozime's video?"- advertising on a Livestreams and contest thread

The absolute mental gymnastics you are going to is absurdly hilarious. Let me quote what you said

"You: Hey devs, what do you think of Rahetalius video?

Player 2: Oh, he made a video? Better check that out. (opens youtube)"

Here is your same logic

"Brozimes idea is good"

Player 1: Who is Brozime? (searches on youtube)

Player 2: Oh, he made a new video? Better check that out (opens youtube)

The least you could be is consistent. Remember, I wanted DE to respond to Rahetalius' feedback. That's right, his feedback. The same thing you said is alright. I want DE to give their opinions on it. Since it relates to the devstream, and this thread is partially dedicated to it, meaning that discussions around what feedback DE should discuss is completely relevant. 

On 2020-04-15 at 9:44 AM, Kylo. said:

UK isn't in UTC Timezone

Because we are geeking out about times...

UTC isn't a timezone it is a time standard. GMT is a time zone.

And the UK isn't even on GMT all year...it uses BST for the summer.

"Although GMT and UTC share the same current time in practice, there is a basic difference between the two:

• GMT is a time zone officially used in some European and African countries. The time can be displayed using both the 24-hour format (0 - 24) or the 12-hour format (1 - 12 am/pm).
  • UTC is not a time zone, but a time standard that is the basis for civil time and time zones worldwide. This means that no country or territory officially uses UTC as a local time."

Link to article explaining the difference between GMT and UTC

Now...this discussion on time and when streams are going to running has been very informative...you all receive +1000 affinity toward your next MR...grats!

46 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

Because that's feedback, not advertising. They're discussing the content of the video and giving their own opinions about it. They are on their proper threads and are more focused on discussing if the idea is good or bad WHILE giving their own opinions of why it is good or bad instead of promoting the video.

Sigh...

"Hey, check out DE selected Warframe partner Brozime's video on DE's product Warframe! What do you think of Warframe partner Brozime's video?"

It is certainly promotion...but is it advertising?

"An Example of the Definitions

The following example may help to make the above five concepts more clear. I recently read that the story comes from the Reader's Digest, a quote found in "Promoting Issues and Ideas" by M. Booth and Associates, Inc. (Thanks to Jennifer M. Seher, participant in the CONSULTANTS@CHARITYCHANNEL.COM online discussion group.)

"... if the circus is coming to town and you paint a sign saying 'Circus Coming to the Fairground Saturday', that's advertising. If you put the sign on the back of an elephant and walk it into town, that's promotion. If the elephant walks through the mayor's flower bed, that's publicity. And if you get the mayor to laugh about it, that's public relations." If the town's citizens go the circus, you show them the many entertainment booths, explain how much fun they'll have spending money at the booths, answer their questions and ultimately, they spend a lot at the circus, that's sales.""

Words...and the meanings of those words

Slightly adjusted...is this accurately adjusted?

"... if Warframe releases content and you say 'Scarlet Spear has just been released!', that's advertising. If you put the sign on the back of Brozime and tell people to go watch his video about Scarlet Spear , that's promotion. If Brozime walks through the DE's flower bed, that's publicity. And if you get the DE to laugh about it, that's public relations." If the player community go play Scarlet Spear, you show them the many entertainment booths, explain how much fun they'll have spending money at the booths, answer their questions and ultimately, they spend a lot in Warframe, that's sales."

Hmmm....

Not sure if there are going to be any specific questions answered or if it's going to be a more casual devstream but there are a few issues that have lingered. 

First and foremost is consumer and UI issue that was brought up in the forums which prompted some sciencing to a rather distasteful results. 

The issue in question is with how Deluxe Skins and Deluxe Skin Bundles interact or more specifically the lack of interaction. 

If you buy a Deluxe Skin, previously the game would lock you out of buying the associated Deluxe Bundle because you owned a component (the skin) from the bundle. Apparently at some point that interaction was changed and now the game will simply allow you to buy the bundle at full price without any sort of prompt. IMHO this is a huge consumer issue. 

The way the sore should be handling it is either 

1. Buying the Deluxe Bundle after owning the skin should reduce the deluxe bundle price by the cost of the skin. or,
  2. There should be a non boolean UI prompt that informs the player that no discount will be offered and they will be re-purchasing the skin to gain access to the bundled Accessories. With some sort of confirmation phrase for the purchase. 

I find the lack of either stopgap to be very distasteful to say the least. 

Also would totally love it if Titania didn't spin out when she taps into a surface when in Razorwing but I'd much rather see a more consumer friendly market place experience. 

Hello I haven't received the drop for tuesdays stream. I'm certain I'm linked correctly because i've gotten mondays, wednesdays and thursdays' drops just fine. I also am certain I watched for at least 40 minutes.

13 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

It isn't just about DE. You're advertising his video to any other warframe user on an official DE post, which is likely to get a lot of views. Not everyone knows who Rahetalius is or follow his channel, and that's where the advertising comes in. Basically anyone that is interested in the streams will see this post, and likely your comment, and they MIGHT view his video. This works as avertising for Rahetalius, because his video will get more views. It goes like this:

I made a post yesterday about he who should not be named and it got deleted without notice.  Again, without a link; and just asking whether they have watched it and would be discussing it at all.  A comment about a "Livestream" and what they might be discussing, so that I could make an informed decision about whether or not I would like to watch it.

And don't act like it's anything else but you guys not liking him, If I would have not mentioned him but instead just brought up some of the topics he covered and asked if they would be discussed that too would be deleted.  You guys like deleting stuff; flexing your MR 31 rank. You forma'd you're ban hammer and NO ONE will ever nerf it.

The game may have it's problems but I would be the last one to complain about it.  It's mostly a fun game and that's why I play it.  What I don't like is enjoying the game so much that I want to tune in to the official Warframe streams; only to find out that the content is 5 people discussing: baking, knitting, twilight, dreams they had last night, kirby and zelda.  These topics do not interest me and it seems like they seldom talk about WF.  In fact 3 of them seem like they never play the game and that it doesn't appeal to them.

What I don't understand is that if you dare to have any interest in the game and decide to go ANYWHERE to discuss it you are met with power flexing totalitarians and shadowy censorship.  Warframe, it's a big club and you aren't in it.  Go to Discord, Reddit, Region chat, or here on the forums and try and discuss the game in a mature and constructive way and watch all the agents spring into action.

The game is great, the people who play it are great, the people who govern it are driving it into the ground.

11 hours ago, DArthurVaderian said:

How long after the stream are the drops supposed to arrive? i've been in every one and haven't gotten a single drop

2 hours ago, Fortifa said:

Hello I haven't received the drop for tuesdays stream. I'm certain I'm linked correctly because i've gotten mondays, wednesdays and thursdays' drops just fine. I also am certain I watched for at least 40 minutes.

Drops usually roll in at my end as I'm watching; since they should drop after 30 minutes of watching, this could be just as the stream ends. I'm sure there may sometimes be a short delay.

Just noting here that, as reported in my previous post, I hadn't received Tuesday's and Wednesday's drop, however unlinking then relinking my Twitch and Warframe accounts really does seem to have fixed it, so I received yesterday's again in good order.

Fortifa's description of course really does stand out as another issue. I guess glitches may and will occur (?)

7 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

So devstream postponed... 😶

Oh, now that you mention, I see the original post here has been changed. Thanks for the heads-up:

On 2020-04-13 at 4:28 PM, [DE]Helen said:

This week's Home Devstream has been postponed. The team will be all set to show you what's coming to Warframe in a future week!

I understand that postponing the devstream might sometimes be necessary, but if it is on such a short notice please consider making it more obvious.

Right now it looks like you want to hide the fact that a devstream was planned! The image that was up all week has been altered to remove the devstream this friday, and the acknowledgement that the devstream is in fact cancelled for this week is "hidden" as a single sentence between the original post and the altered image.

This looks like the opposite of open communication! (ok, you might have just altered the image and left out that sentence, but then the torches and pitchfork emporium would have had difficulties enforcing the current social distancing rules)

11 minutes ago, Inemos said:

The image that was up all week has been altered to remove the devstream this friday

It was never in the image, only in that final line in the post itself.

I wouldn't read anything conspiratorial into it, however I agree that just for the sake of convenience a separate forum announcement regarding its cancellation would be handy. As it is, it will be very easy for people to miss, and hence likely lead to much confusion and repeated questions etc.

So ummm....... since it looks like several hundred Tenno showed up.... Does that mean at next Dev stream they are give out platnium? or a double reward drop? Since it was listed as being an Orokin Reactor for the Dev stream seems a bit light on the drop now. 

Been looking forward to the devstream all week to see something of an answer for all the community pushback, the emergency nerfs for game modes and events DE designs.  Now it's been postponed with a tiny, little line that's hardly noticeable at all. 

This dev stream was going to be a pretty big make or break for some people and the fact it's postponed damn near silently is making me think it's towards that latter. It's hard enough when DE says stuff like "we'll look into it" only for that very issue to never be answered for. It's a lot harder when DE wants to be as secretive as Bioware is with Anthem. Look at their positioning please don't tell me DE's going down that same path. 

14 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

It isn't just about DE. You're advertising his video to any other warframe user on an official DE post, which is likely to get a lot of views. Not everyone knows who Rahetalius is or follow his channel, and that's where the advertising comes in. Basically anyone that is interested in the streams will see this post, and likely your comment, and they MIGHT view his video. This works as avertising for Rahetalius, because his video will get more views. It goes like this:

Warframe partner getting views on a video about the state of Warframe is a bad thing?  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1O2a-3qEn_qEdKEKJD5r

Meanwhile you complaining about it is only serving the purpose of... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

2 minutes ago, JotaX_97 said:

Oof, not a good look... Been waiting all week for the devstream to see if any response would be given to the backlash DE is receiving and 2h before the stream you guys silently postpone it indefinitely? k

Especially after Megan's little flare up at the end of Primetime last night. Seems like Rahetalius will be getting coordinated tweets about the violence inherent to his existence again.

1 hour ago, JotaX_97 said:

Oof, not a good look... Been waiting all week for the devstream to see if any response would be given to the backlash DE is receiving and 2h before the stream you guys silently postpone it indefinitely? k

Kind of sucks when I get several notifications inviting me to the stream but I have to hear it was cancelled from you.

On 2020-04-13 at 4:28 PM, [DE]Helen said:

This week's Home Devstream has been postponed. The team will be all set to show you what's coming to Warframe in a future week!

I was looking forward to it, but I guess it was just not meant to be today 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, stay safe!

1 hour ago, Mac65 said:

Oh, now that you mention, I see the original post here has been changed. Thanks for the heads-up:

When was the post edited?  As recently as yesterday evening, they said we'd get an informal dev stream today:

EDIT:  Nevermind, DE_Bear just confirmed in Twitch chat that there won't be a stream today.

Archived