Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Lantern explosion dealing self damage

Duality52

For reference, Lantern converts an enemy into an ally which attracts enemies to the Lantern to deal damage. The ending explosion can be manually activated or set to expire by duration. However, there are cases where I would down myself from my own Lantern's explosions. Three likely cases that caused the "hostile" Lantern:

• Titania herself gets irradiated by an enemy/environmental source. This turns the Lanterned victim hostile. Even after the proc expires or gets cleansed (Spellbind) the Lantern remains hostile, turning its explosion hostile.
  • Enemy gets irradiated by allies or Titania before being converted into a Lantern. The proc expires during the Lantern, converting the victim back into an enemy.
  • Enemy gets corrupted by a Void fissure when Lanterned. Being corrupted converts the enemy's faction into the Corrupted, which makes even controlled enemies (Mind Control, Lantern, etc.) become hostile.

Any cases where you witness taking damage from your own Lantern's explosions due to this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Any cases where you witness taking damage from your own Lantern's explosions due to this?

I think that not many people have watched this, because not many people use Lantern in the gameplay, because although the Lantern is a good CC, it still has a lot of disadvantages where it is really needed.

13 minutes ago, zhellon said:

because although the Lantern is a good CC

On special cases, Lantern can be used to "steal" enemy auras due to the enemy-to-ally conversion such as :

• Shield Osprey/Orokin Drones
  • Ancient Healer/Toxic Ancients
  • Prosecutors
  • Arctic, Arson, Shock, and Venom Eximi

But as per ususal, Titania's casting speed is so slow that Natural Talent may be needed still.

@Duality52 I know all the advantages of the current Lantern, but the problem is that in the reality of current content, you just don't need it. In fact, it has zero effectiveness for actual content, because you will kill crowds of enemies faster than you control them. This makes good sense for solo overlvl infinite missions, but most don't go to these levels. But there is also another limitation, namely, it is used on the enemy, which means that the ability will have zero effectiveness against invulnerable to the ability of enemies. I don't have anything against bosses, but the fact that it doesn't work on sentient annoys me. More precisely, it only works on 1 type of sentient, but with a reduced duration, but at the same time, the Lantern light effect itself is able to affect all sentients. 

I don't think we need to subordinate enemies at all and it's better to leave that to frames that specialize in this, like Nyx or Revenant. It's just that this mechanic where you need to control one enemy to control the rest doesn't look good. (this looks good on Mag, but because Mag makes a magnetic shield with a ton of damage inside and complete isolation to damage from outside) Enemies almost never take the place of the maximum efficiency of the Lantern, and even harpoon guns do not contribute to the good work of this mechanics. Yes, it's a good CC, but it's not something that can be used at all outside of solo overlvl missions.

But that doesn't change the fact that you described a critical bug that needs to be fixed even though most people don't even know about it.