Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration suggestion : Reward Clean Up

Bakahung

Hello Everyone , I'm BakaHung , a player who accidentally did an 1 hour survival instead of 30 min because he don't know when to stop .

So , Arbitration . The gamemode that's suppose to be one of the "Endgame" for Warframe . And I think it provide a really nice challenge .

But with a great challenge , there should be a great reward .

And right now ,  there are some really nice reward in there , but most of them are behind a gigantic wall called "RNG" .

By that I mean , I can get some Arcanes or Mods , but I can also get Endo and sculpture , which are absolutely near useless for endgame players .

And also because those rewards are random , that mean I can get all the good stuff between a day or 200000 years . This uncertainty will make people feels really bad .

This is like running a marathon with unknown distance , without knowing how long I should keep going , every step feels like eternity . 

I think people should be able to know how much grind they are facing before stepping in , so they will have an expectation . And when they get what they want , the feeling of accomplishment will be much better .

And that's just about the in game RNG reward . Next up I will talk about the Arbitration shop .

Those stuff are really good , don't get me wrong . But most of them are just a one-time trade , means that we only have to trade once and done . This make players just get all the stuff and leave and never came back . I don't think that's what DE wants . 

To make up for that , there need to be Endgame Consumable resource , resources that we always need to farm more , despite how long we play .

Right now we have Kuva , which is a great endgame resources . A lot of players keep farming for kuva so they can re-roll their Rivens . I think this is a nice start . 

And we could use more of those .

So in the following post , I will give my suggestion for both types of rewards , RNG drops and shop .

So lets get starting .

RNG drops

By RNG drops , I think the better term is rotation reward . The reward we get for every rotation .

There are a few things I suggest will be really nice .

1)Remove Endo , sculptures and ephemera , and put them into the shop.

I don't have to say how bad it is to get 1200 endo after 55min of survival . I want something better than this .

I also don't want another blueprint for that ephemera . That's complete waste of my time , since I already get one . I can't sell extras to player or anything .

But I also know , not everyone have a ton of resources in their storage . So instead of removing them , just put them into the shop.

That way , people who needs those can also have a guaranteed reward after sometimes of farming .

Then what about those empty space in the reward table ? 

I think is to replace them with vital essence . Maybe 1 or 2 . 

Yes this thing didn't worth while right now , but with the trade changes I'm about to make , they will be a more valuable resource .

2)Put all drops in trades 

Put all the arcanes , mods , whatever . Make all of them trade-able in that Arbitration shop . 

This may sounds a little crazy , but this is to work in concert with one of the point I made up there . An Endless Marathon is torture .

By this change , now I can know the Maximum time I need to spent to get everything . It may seems long , but at least I can see the end .

This is not about balance and more about the feeling of the game . A video game like Warframe needs to make player feels good , not uncertainty .

It really frustrate player when they don't have control over their rate of return . So please , make this happened .

And about the price . I think it can be a little longer for people to trade than to get with complete RNG .

For example , If DE think player can have a complete arcane from pure RNG is within an average time of , for example , 20 hours . Than make it like 25 hours to get them by trading .

There are a few reasons , one is make it feels great when we get lucky , because that saves a lot of time .

Second is for balance reasons . player will probably get some arcanes in their grinding , so if it also require 20 hours to trade them , the time we be reduced by a lot .

This is a little hard to balance , but the goal is to make it so that player can get their reward in a set of time .

Arbitration shop

I forgot the official name of it , so I will just called it the shop .

I already suggest some changes with this shop above . This section is more about the end game resources . Those things even a founder will want to get .

Here's some things I think will be nice if we can trade .

1)Endo and sculptures.

Endo and sculptures kind of fall into this category . Even though super veteran don't want them , other 90% of players really need them .

Also sculptures are nice decorations . 100% endgame viable .

2)Void traces and relic .

Since this 2 things are heavily tied together , I will talk about them at the same time .

This is a little odd one . 

But those two are definitely Endgame resources , since there will always be new prime frames . And also they have forma in them , which is also an endgame resources.

And there is definitely a concern about players just get everything in an hour because they stack up a lot of vital essences and just trade them .

To fixed that , just made it so player can only trade limited amount in a set of time .In this way , player won't be able to do that .

Also the relics should be separated by their tier . Is fine for syndicate offering , but not here , since people really need to work hard for those essences .

3) Forma

It's Forma , I don't need to say why they are important .

But I didn't mean people should be able to get one in an hour . That will break the forma economy .

Instead , just like relics and void traces , limit how many a player can get in a period of time . I think 2 per week is a nice balance point .

4) Other rare resources 

Those are like Orokin cells , Argon crystals , and such . Rare resources .

This one is more optional . But as a kind of Veteran , I still hate to farm those argon crystals , even though they are not hard to get .

And Orokin cells are also really important for those middle players . 

Again , this one is optional . But if this works , it can make more players come and play Arbitration .

Conclusion

So this is my suggestion for Arbitration's reward .

How do you guys think ? Do I miss something that will break the economy ?

And what do DE think ? I really think this can approve arbitration by a lot .

Thanks for reading this long post .

And yes I get salty because I get 8k endoes and only 3 arcanes in my 60 min survival

Arbitrations are not supposed to be the dumpster for all resources.

Arbitrations are good if you want Endo. If you want Kuva, do Kuva-related content. If you want Argon, do Void nodes. If you want Orokin Cells, go wherever they drop. There is actually no problem in that.

Put all resources in Arbitrations and Arbitrations shop and you basically kill all the other contents. You don't need anything from the Arbitrations ? Great, you don't need to run this mode then. You need Kuva ? Then go to the Kuva Fortress or hunt Liches or run Requiem Fissures.

Edit: I know plenty of vets who always need Endo as they sell R10 prime mods...

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 3

Just now, Chewarette said:

Arbitrations are not supposed to be the dumpster for all resources.

Arbitrations are good if you want Endo. If you want Kuva, do Kuva-related content. If you want Argon, do Void nodes. If you want Orokin Cells, go wherever they drop. There is actually no problem in that.

Put all resources in Arbitrations and Arbitrations shop and you basically kill all the other contents. You don't need anything from the Arbitrations ? Great, you don't need to run this mode then. You need Kuva ? Then go to the Kuva Fortress or hunt Liches or run Requiem Fissures.

That's why I say those rare resource are optional .The list of shop offering here are just some examples I think could work .

Thanks for your feedback 😄

9 minutes ago, Bakahung said:

That's why I say those rare resource are optional .The list of shop offering here are just some examples I think could work .

Thanks for your feedback 😄

Well I've taken those examples but the other ones are the same thing. If you dump Relics in the Arbitrations, then some "popular" nodes will die. Formas don't need to be in Arbitrations as they're already in Relics and I don't think that limiting the acquisition with an arbitrary limit would make sense

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Well I've taken those examples but the other ones are the same thing. If you dump Relics in the Arbitrations, then some "popular" nodes will die. Formas don't need to be in Arbitrations as they're already in Relics and I don't think that limiting the acquisition with an arbitrary limit would make sense

Make sense . 

What about void traces? This can be an alternate way to get them .

Like if you open relics you get void traces and whatever is in it .

Or do arbitration get only traces.

Btw , I have a dumb idea . Maybe instead of limited amount that can be bought , just a shop that have random resources in them . So other modes won't die , just sometime lucky player can buy them.

Second thought , this is way too dumb. I'm just throwing out random thoughts right now 😕

I play Arbitrations to get Endo and Kuva.

They're the best source of Endo and there's a ton of Mods with 10 upgrade levels. 

Once I get enough Vitus Essence I turn it into Kuva because the rest of the shop offers are worthless to me.

So whether my reward is Endo, Statue, or Vitus, I'm happy.

On the contrary, I don't want the mods nor the Arcanes. I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but most of these are S#&$e. Adaptation is about the only good mod I use, the rest is trash for me and I can't even sell them.

So if anything, I'd prefer if Arcanes and Mods were removed from the loot table and were put in the shop instead.

You want Arcane Tanker? Forget RNG, you can buy it now.

Edited by (PS4)Sentiel
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bakahung said:

Btw , I have a dumb idea . Maybe instead of limited amount that can be bought , just a shop that have random resources in them . So other modes won't die , just sometime lucky player can buy them.

Second thought , this is way too dumb. I'm just throwing out random thoughts right now 😕

Could be, but the problem of this is that you end up stockpiling Vitus Essences for the random apparition of whatever you want, which can be frustrating if it never comes (or comes when you can't play :p), and when it arrives you just buy 20k of them and are done for years.

For Void Traces yes, that can work. They're a bit frustrating to get right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I play Arbitrations to get Endo and Kuva.

They're the best source of Endo and there's a ton of Mods with 10 upgrade levels. 

Once I get enough Vitus Essence I turn it into Kuva because the rest of the shop offers are worthless to me.

So whether my reward is Endo, Statue, or Vitus, I'm happy.

On the contrary, I don't want the mods nor the Arcanes. I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but most of these are S#&$. Adaptation is about the only good mod I use, the rest is trash for me and I can't even sell them.

So if anything, I'd prefer if Arcanes and Mods were removed from the loot table and were put in the shop instead.

That's the exact opposite of what I think , but I think the idea is same.

Maybe put everything in shop and leave only essences in drops

Edited by Bakahung
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Could be, but the problem of this is that you end up stockpiling Vitus Essences for the random apparition of whatever you want, which can be frustrating if it never comes (or comes when you can't play :p), and when it arrives you just buy 20k of them and are done for years.

That's a problem ... Maybe this shop didn't fit in arbitration . 

But perhaps put those in Nora's offering? Old alert sometimes give those resources , it make sense to have it there .

Nora's credit is not infinite and have a time limit , so there won't be the stacking problem.

As for the frustration of waiting ... Maybe always viable , or have a set rotation.

This is off topic , I just like to think about the possibility 

On 2020-04-20 at 1:54 AM, Bakahung said:

I can also get Endo and sculpture , which are absolutely near useless for endgame players

....um what?  That is one of two things Endgamers farm (along with Kuva).  It's late-midgame that Endo feels useless.  But after that point you're starting to max mods, fiddle with more rivens and primed mods, requiring a lot of Endo.

Edited by (XB1)Calliber

10 hours ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

....um what?  That is one of two things Endgamers farm (along with Kuva).  It's late-midgame that Endo feels useless.  But after that point you're starting to max mods, fiddle with more rivens and primed mods, requiring a lot of Endo.

Yes , that's true . Perhaps I get a little biased here .

The goal of this post is to let people who farm arbitration can get what they want.

So people who want endo , can have endo .

People who want arcane/mod , can get those.

Not any useless things.

Maybe the best way is make everything available in shop , and leave only vital essences in rotation reward

Edited by Bakahung
Typo