Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Enemies of the Tenno Contest" made a spiritual return!

Kaotyke

For Context: the Bursa, Maniac and Juggernaut were community made enemies in a contest from oh so damn long ago. 2014 in fact, how the HELL did I remember this?!

Spoiler

Name Suggestion: Cargo Moa

Behavior: Wimpy. These enemy types only spawn during a non alerted mode. This makes playing stealth more rewarding. They will occasionally place an explosive barrel down right next to another explosive barrel and continue strolling along. When it spots a player it will abandon the cargo and quickly try to flee. This moa isn't built to be a hero.

Attacks: None, only barrel placing. This is a simple Moa with a simple job and a simple life. But the real damage potential is the explosive barrels that players (or enemies) can explode. Along with that, the cargo platform can be used quite creatively to knock down enemies from a distance, to be used as a makeshift transporter, or even just a plaything for your friends to mess around in (glitch hunting probably. Sorry DE).

Environmental Restrictions: (During connected mode) really steep staircases, inclines that require jumping, and super narrow paths, air ducts for example.

tumblr_n5nblbIjH21rrw6cwo3_1280.png

tumblr_n5nblbIjH21rrw6cwo1_1280.png

Now we will have a MOA that is non agressive and runs from us! Took 6 years...

Well, they did use every top theme in the original community frame contest eventually. And If you scrutinize every enemy suggestion, parts of them have already made it in alternate forms long ago. Or they were so generic in a way, they were bound to show up in the right situation. They have 7 years of stockpiled ideas and hundreds of thousands of hours of fandom to sieve though in a day job for a few dozen individuals that can actually make decisions. 

While its hard to say what sparked the target moa finalization, its also amusing to think that's just how far behind they are in reading posts.

I always figured the Corpus preferred using Ospreys for moving Cargo; they're larger, can pull more weight, and they fly so they don't need a floor to work on. same with all the other drones (barring Domestik, whose entire purpose is to clean floors) lighter Cargo on the ground can be moved by crewmen, so i don't see why they would make Cargo MOAs, when their design isn't suited to it (they are however quite well optimized for combat: (agile, small target profile, variety of weapons.) 

I'd leave them alone anyway, my code is to only kill what tries to kill me, I leave drones and Drudge Workers be (unless they come at me with their power tools, silly Drudges..)