Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Or Flux?

Maou

Question

21 answers to this question

depends

I prefer my soma for mid/long range mowing down of groups, whilst the flux is only good at short / early mid ranges (because it can only shoot 25m far)

does flux outdamage it though? I love the Soma but I wanted to know if flux can beat it  (damage wise)

i am pretty sure DE were not taking no recoil weapons into consideration when they were making this mod. so i think fix of some sort is coming.

well flux does fire straight, I dont think they will be adding recoil to it since if they did the beam would just go anywhere.

well they have to do something about, because flux, synapse, ignis, paris i guess and even torid and ogris do not suffer from recoil debuff.

so as i said DE made a mistake again and they are about to fix it. soon i guess.

So if i were you i would wait and see how will this end.

well they have to do something about, because flux, synapse, ignis, paris i guess and even torid and ogris do not suffer from recoil debuff.

so as i said DE made a mistake again and they are about to fix it. soon i guess.

So if i were you i would wait and see how will this end.

I guess so, still about damage wise which one outshines the other one? not considering if it gets fixed or not.

i would call a soma.

because i do not use fullauto on this rifle because there is no need in that. i use semi auto for 90% of time. 10% when target is near (for example i missed toxic from behind or somthing) and at point blank range you don't give a ... about recoil.

In Thursday's streamcast Megan did mention that they will be fixing this, how is another story, but they didn't take into account guns with no recoil. Considering these guns are few, my opinion is to leave it alone. So, one gun benefits from it in a way others can't. The same can be said for any weapon that has something extreme compared to others. Because of the way mods work, some guns really get a boost and others are left wanting, the percentage system can make great guns god and good guns gooder (intentional) and bad guns just stay bad.

yeah another thing.

if you don't have full crit build on soma and you are using shred as one of the mods, having heavy caliber mod in addition to serration and shred will augment damage for single bullet greatly. given that soma is hitscan weapon you will have a better damage output than flux anyway. simply because of damage potential of single bullet.

As for Warframe Prime... well. not to be rude so i will not comment anything about it. Otherwise Jaywalker will give me a warning again.

Edited by Althix

yeah another thing.

if you don't have full crit build on soma and you are using shred as one of the mods, having heavy caliber mod in addition to serration and shred will augment damage for single bullet greatly. given that soma is hitscan weapon you will have a better damage output than flux anyway. simply because of damage potential of single bullet.

As for Warframe Prime... well. not to be rude so i will not comment anything about it. Otherwise Jaywalker will give me a warning again.

should I dump hammershot or that other crit mod?(forgot the name)

cuz Id rather keep shred and mutation mod for it.

New crit mod is a better choice, imo.

Soma can get ~105% crit now, doing 840% damage 95% of the time and ~7000% 5% of the time?

Synapse gets ~150% crit now, up from 125%, doing 560% 1/2 of the time and... ~3000% the other half?

*not sure I understand how double-crits work*

Synapse will get more damage and ammo efficiency, but the ideal build no longer includes Shred. Soma will get to keep using Shred, remains hitscan and is accurate-ish at range.

Personally I wouldnt even use the HC on the Soma, Serr/MS/Shred, Piercing Hit, and the 4 crit mods.

Edited by Darzk

New crit mod is a better choice, imo.

Soma can get ~105% crit now, doing 840% damage 95% of the time and ~7000% 5% of the time?

Synapse gets ~150% crit now, up from 125%, doing 560% 1/2 of the time and... ~3000% the other half?

*not sure I understand how double-crits work*

Synapse will get more damage and ammo efficiency, but the ideal build no longer includes Shred. Soma will get to keep using Shred, remains hitscan and is accurate-ish at range.

Personally I wouldnt even use the HC on the Soma, Serr/MS/Shred, Piercing Hit, and the 4 crit mods.

In a future hotfix, Heavy Caliber will add recoil to no-recoil weapons by adding a base recoil amount and multiplying that value by the rank of the mod. Thus, I'd still recommend Shred.

Until they fix armor scaling, Flux will outperform other rifles on high-level content simply due to a more beneficial damage type.

Not true. Soma will do more AP DPS than Flux, Flux is only significantly better against Chargers which have 50% AP resistance.

Problem is Soma consumes ammo at almost 2x the rate of Flux for ~20% AI DPS increase.

Soma does far more DPS if you factor in the partial damage from Cryo/Bullet types.

Not true. Soma will do more AP DPS than Flux, Flux is only significantly better against Chargers which have 50% AP resistance.

Problem is Soma consumes ammo at almost 2x the rate of Flux for ~20% AI DPS increase.

Soma does far more DPS if you factor in the partial damage from Cryo/Bullet types.

Hrm, let me put it like this.. it will take you less hits from a flux than from a soma to kill a level 150+ mob due to some ridiculous 98% damage mitigation from armor.