Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guen, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑲𝒖𝒗𝒂 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒆 🌶️ (Mutalist Frame #1) [𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗔𝗥𝗧!]

(XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes

7 hours ago, (PS4)Crow_Massacre said:

If you place a disclaimer stating that you were not aware that the symbol was copyrighted and that you say its just a reference/inspiration to Guen's original ability Symbol; you will be alright.

Also, i wouldnt worry because when DE uses a fan concept that they really like, they will always make changes that are original to keep you and themselves safe from situations like unintentional copyright.

Clearly you had no intentions of plagiarism. Your concept is very original.

I mean her deluxe skin is inspired by Marvel Comic's Carnage. They only thing is that you didn't which is an honest error.

Just put a disclaimer that no infringement was intended when coming up with this concept. 😊

Yeah ok, I just might do that. Thanks.

On an unrelated note, it looks like you missed the new story I came up with, its a few posts back. I would love to get your opinion on it.

Open call for ability ideas!

I’m going to completely scrap Guen’s 4th ability. I took a closer look at the story of kuva and the scepter is supposed to only work on dax soldiers, also guardians get their invincibility from their own personal weapons (the kesheg), not the elder queen’s scepter.

So I’m looking for something that doesn’t involve guardians or the scepter. It may involve kuva thralls though. Let me know if you come up with anything.

On 2020-08-13 at 10:43 AM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Yeah ok, I just might do that. Thanks.

On an unrelated note, it looks like you missed the new story I came up with, its a few posts back. I would love to get your opinion on it.

I did read it, and there isnt anything wrong with it.

Its lore friendly, and very well written! 👍

On 2020-08-14 at 6:05 PM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Open call for ability ideas!

I’m going to completely scrap Guen’s 4th ability. I took a closer look at the story of kuva and the scepter is supposed to only work on dax soldiers, also guardians get their invincibility from their own personal weapons (the kesheg), not the elder queen’s scepter.

So I’m looking for something that doesn’t involve guardians or the scepter. It may involve kuva thralls though. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Mhh..I Need some time for that.We talk about the most powerful/utility ability that a warframe can have.

3 hours ago, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

Mhh..I Need some time for that.We talk about the most powerful/utility ability that a warframe can have.

Yeah sure, take all the time you need.

I was thinking about making a passive for Guen where a kuva thrall ally spawns every 20 seconds or so. Similar to how kuva thralls spawn in far more frequently when a kuva lich spawns in. 
But Guen already has 2 passives, and if Guen’s passive has kuva thralls, what will her 4th ability have? 
So i’d prefer to keep thralls in her 4th ability, unless you get any other, better ideas.

On 2020-08-16 at 4:49 AM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Yeah sure, take all the time you need.

I was thinking about making a passive for Guen where a kuva thrall ally spawns every 20 seconds or so. Similar to how kuva thralls spawn in far more frequently when a kuva lich spawns in. 
But Guen already has 2 passives, and if Guen’s passive has kuva thralls, what will her 4th ability have? 
So i’d prefer to keep thralls in her 4th ability, unless you get any other, better ideas.

thought about it for a while is the best thing to do would be this:
Guen sacrifices a portion of his Blood(maximum health) and armor to transfer it to a target by making them fight for his cause(Ex:Trooper Thrall,Detron crewman Thrall). As long as the converted target is not dead Guen will have maximum health and armor decreased.

If the converted target dies, Guen regain the health and armor sacrificed for the conversion.
If the converted target dies and had a status effect, Guen suffers it with:
A) duration less than 25%.(i prefer this)
 B) damage less than 25%

I don't know however how much health and armor values go down for each converted target.
I was thinking 15% or 20%

On 2020-08-19 at 9:05 PM, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

thought about it for a while is the best thing to do would be this:
Guen sacrifices a portion of his Blood(maximum health) and armor to transfer it to a target by making them fight for his cause(Ex:Trooper Thrall,Detron crewman Thrall). As long as the converted target is not dead Guen will have maximum health and armor decreased.

If the converted target dies, Guen regain the health and armor sacrificed for the conversion.
If the converted target dies and had a status effect, Guen suffers it with:
A) duration less than 25%.(i prefer this)
 B) damage less than 25%

I don't know however how much health and armor values go down for each converted target.
I was thinking 15% or 20%

I’m really quite glad that you responded when you did, because today is the day that I make a bunch of changes/ additions to Guen’s design. I have a whole list of stuff to change/ add to Guen and I’m gonna get into it right now.

1) Now as for your idea. At its core it is actually quite similar to an idea I had, to create a kuva thrall and sacrifice a portion of her health in the process. Then when the ability is no longer active the health spent on thralls will be refunded.

2) Only, I don’t think Guen should sacrifice her armor (you called Guen a he before, I don’t know if this was a typo or not, but Guen is female). Anyway, Guen’s whole thing is that she sacrifices her health on abilities (As well as some energy), I think making her sacrifice anything else on her 4th ability would make that ability unfavorable to players. Also it’d be a little weird for only one of her abilities to sacrifice her armor.

3) When I had essentially this same idea, the reason I didn’t use it before is because it is not accurate to how kuva thralls tend to appear in the game. I’ve tried to find more information about kuva thralls online; such as the lore behind them, where they come from, how they are created, Ect. Unfortunately there is little information about the origin behind their existence, and what little information there is, is very vague. So I relied on game mechanics to inform me. When a kuva lich appears more liches just start popping up out of nowhere, something like this could be applied to Guen.

4) Here are some ideas I had recently, tell me what you think:

Passive: Give Guen yet another passive, I know I said she has enough passives, but I think it’s the only way. This passive causes an enemy to become her kuva thrall every 30 seconds, so long as there is an enemy within range.

4th ability: activating Guen’s 4th ability will cause her to refund the health spent on all of her abilities, but then quickly send that health outward as damage towards enemies.

On 2020-08-20 at 3:23 PM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I’m really quite glad that you responded when you did, because today is the day that I make a bunch of changes/ additions to Guen’s design. I have a whole list of stuff to change/ add to Guen and I’m gonna get into it right now.

1) Now as for your idea. At its core it is actually quite similar to an idea I had, to create a kuva thrall and sacrifice a portion of her health in the process. Then when the ability is no longer active the health spent on thralls will be refunded.

2) Only, I don’t think Guen should sacrifice her armor (you called Guen a he before, I don’t know if this was a typo or not, but Guen is female). Anyway, Guen’s whole thing is that she sacrifices her health on abilities (As well as some energy), I think making her sacrifice anything else on her 4th ability would make that ability unfavorable to players. Also it’d be a little weird for only one of her abilities to sacrifice her armor.

3) When I had essentially this same idea, the reason I didn’t use it before is because it is not accurate to how kuva thralls tend to appear in the game. I’ve tried to find more information about kuva thralls online; such as the lore behind them, where they come from, how they are created, Ect. Unfortunately there is little information about the origin behind their existence, and what little information there is, is very vague. So I relied on game mechanics to inform me. When a kuva lich appears more liches just start popping up out of nowhere, something like this could be applied to Guen.

4) Here are some ideas I had recently, tell me what you think:

Passive: Give Guen yet another passive, I know I said she has enough passives, but I think it’s the only way. This passive causes an enemy to become her kuva thrall every 30 seconds, so long as there is an enemy within range.

4th ability: activating Guen’s 4th ability will cause her to refund the health spent on all of her abilities, but then quickly send that health outward as damage towards enemies.

Guen already has 2 passives it is not worth exaggerating in this category.

Even if in history you can't understand how these thralls sprout we are always talking about Grineer power not Tenno,Corpus,etc . We can say the way Guen creates them is the best way for have tried to reproduce this power.

Keep as 4 skill the power to convert an enemy into an ally Thrall also to try to have even more control on the battlefield you could apply that:

When an enemy is converted it has 100% threat as the enemies recognize a betrayal to the faction for which he fought(This effect can stay in the ability or It could become an augment)

31 minutes ago, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

Even if in history you can't understand how these thralls sprout we are always talking about Grineer power not Tenno,Corpus,etc . We can say the way Guen creates them is the best way for have tried to reproduce this power.

Keep as 4 skill the power to convert an enemy into an ally Thrall also to try to have even more control on the battlefield you could apply that:

When an enemy is converted it has 100% threat as the enemies recognize a betrayal to the faction for which he fought(This effect can stay in the ability or It could become an augment)

Yeah, I see what you mean. I do think that 3 passives may be pushing it a bit. Although, if balanced the right way I think it could work.

I don’t think putting it into an augment is ideal either. Usually augments are meant to enhance an ability, not add completely new aspects to it.

But you’re right. Too many passives. I’ll try and think of a way to put it back on the 4th ability in a way that fits with the gameplay.

On 2020-08-22 at 9:32 AM, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

Ok, I think I’ve got it. Unless this ability already exists in the game, I feel like it might, tell me if that’s the case.

Guen’s new 4th ability will temporarily convert all surrounding enemies into kuva thralls, forcing them to attack each other. You will still be able to attack them while they are your kuva thralls though.

They will also recieve an armor buff, which actually doesn’t benefit you because you want them to die, but I thought this ability was a bit OP without it. Also the buff fits in with the theme.

What do you think?

9 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Ok, I think I’ve got it. Unless this ability already exists in the game, I feel like it might, tell me if that’s the case.

Guen’s new 4th ability will temporarily convert all surrounding enemies into kuva thralls, forcing them to attack each other. You will still be able to attack them while they are your kuva thralls though.

They will also recieve an armor buff, which actually doesn’t benefit you because you want them to die, but I thought this ability was a bit OP without it. Also the buff fits in with the theme.

What do you think?

It was good.The problem is that it is too similar to 3th Nyx ability:Chaos.

14 hours ago, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

It was good.The problem is that it is too similar to 3th Nyx ability:Chaos.

Oh yeah, that’s the ability I was thinking of. I don’t play nyx very often.

I do see a lot of similarity between the two abilities. Although there are some key differences:

-In nyx’s ability the enemies attack everything, whereas in Guen’s ability enemies would only attack each other.

-In Guen’s ability the enemies would receive an armor buff.

-Guen would be able to use her 1st ability (killer kuva cloud) to buff her kuva thralls attack speed and damage.

-Guen would also be able to use her 1st ability to make her thralls target specific enemies, rather than just attacking the first enemy they see. 

Although I do see many parallels between Nyx’s 3rd and Guen’s potential 4th, I still think that all of the elements mentioned above make for a unique ability. Then again I’m not exactly too attached to the idea. I like it but it doesn’t have to be the one we use, so if you still think it’s too similar to Nyx’s 3rd I can keep thinking.

On 2020-08-25 at 4:10 AM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Oh yeah, that’s the ability I was thinking of. I don’t play nyx very often.

I do see a lot of similarity between the two abilities. Although there are some key differences:

-In nyx’s ability the enemies attack everything, whereas in Guen’s ability enemies would only attack each other.

-In Guen’s ability the enemies would receive an armor buff.

-Guen would be able to use her 1st ability (killer kuva cloud) to buff her kuva thralls attack speed and damage.

-Guen would also be able to use her 1st ability to make her thralls target specific enemies, rather than just attacking the first enemy they see. 

Although I do see many parallels between Nyx’s 3rd and Guen’s potential 4th, I still think that all of the elements mentioned above make for a unique ability. Then again I’m not exactly too attached to the idea. I like it but it doesn’t have to be the one we use, so if you still think it’s too similar to Nyx’s 3rd I can keep thinking.

I need thinking for this.This ability it's unique with all the other difference. 

But I wouldn't want that  being a skill already used as a basic concept (the fact of making enemies crazy / converting) by other warframes it would make the community or even the DE itself the effect that it is just a recycle of a skill.

On 2020-08-29 at 7:58 PM, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

Good name.Yeah it's more original than the other.

Thanks! I already added it to the original post.

On 2020-08-29 at 8:11 PM, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

I need thinking for this.This ability it's unique with all the other difference. 

But I wouldn't want that  being a skill already used as a basic concept (the fact of making enemies crazy / converting) by other warframes it would make the community or even the DE itself the effect that it is just a recycle of a skill.

Yeah, I get it. I’ll try to think of something else. If you happen to think of anything be sure to let me know.

Requesting Augment mod ideas for Guen’s 1st ability “Cumulus Kuva”

Also, do you guys think I should put Guen’s name in the topic title? I thought just saying “a warframe made of kuva” would be more grabby, but I’ve noticed that most of the successful frame concepts put the name in the title. What do you think?

8 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Requesting Augment mod ideas for Guen’s 1st ability “Cumulus Kuva”

Also, do you guys think I should put Guen’s name in the topic title? I thought just saying “a warframe made of kuva” would be more grabby, but I’ve noticed that most of the successful frame concepts put the name in the title. What do you think?

Write The name 

The abilities sound cool and are pretty creative, buuut a lot of them need build up or they need you to be close to your Kuva clouds and in a game about ninja flips I don't think that's going to play out very well. I don't think in practice she will be that fun to play.

Try to think of your favorite Warframes and why you like them so much. I think that would help with rethinking her abilities. And just think of how you play Warframe in general and what your goals are when playing the game. Generally you want to - Kill stuff pretty fast and move pretty fast. Those are just baseline desires that most players would share, you can move from there. 

2 hours ago, Hefes said:

The abilities sound cool and are pretty creative, buuut a lot of them need build up or they need you to be close to your Kuva clouds and in a game about ninja flips I don't think that's going to play out very well. I don't think in practice she will be that fun to play.

Try to think of your favorite Warframes and why you like them so much. I think that would help with rethinking her abilities. And just think of how you play Warframe in general and what your goals are when playing the game. Generally you want to - Kill stuff pretty fast and move pretty fast. Those are just baseline desires that most players would share, you can move from there. 

I’m not sure I know what you mean.

Only one of Guen’s abilities have any build up. Her 4th ability “Self Destruction” requires you to use Guen’s other abilities before being able to activate it, but that’s the only one, and it’s really more of a place holder. Guen is currently in the market for a new 4th ability, so if you have any ideas let me know.

While some of Guen’s abilities can potentially have build up, those are not the primary function or focus of those abilities. They are more like features that can be explored by players that manage to master the basics.

As for the “need to be close to your kuva clouds” thing, I’m gonna be honest, I have no idea what you’re talking about. My best guess is that you misunderstood Guen’s 3rd ability “Health Siphon”, and thought that it was somehow dependent on Guen’s 1st ability “Cumulus Kuva”.

Just in case anything from my original post wasn’t entirely clear, here is a short and simple description of each of Guen’s abilities:

-1, “Cumulus Kuva” Guen shoots enemies and stuns them.

-2, “Flood” Guen knocks back enemies and leaves behind a damaging puddle.

-3, “Health Siphon” Spend some energy, get some health

-4, “Self destruction” This one is actually a bit complicated, so you’re right about this one.

Just made a new frame concept! It's a sequel of Guen and I'm pretty excited about it. I have only come up with one of his abilities so far though. So if some of you can hop on to that frame concept page and help give me some ideas I'd really appreciate it, you don't have to though. (P.S. Don't worry about Guen, this doesn't mean I'm done with her)

His name is Ferro, The Robotic Warframe 🤖 (Mutalist Frame #2)

On 2020-09-10 at 2:13 AM, (PS4)Xenophrost89 said:

Is she completely kuva? Perhaps have her be formless and the warframe is armor that shapes her. Maybe for a 4th have her separate from the warframe shell allowing you to control her like wukongs cloud allowing you to pass through enemies while dealing damage over time perhaps % based off enemy hp.

Guen is 100% Kuva, but she does have a hardened Kuva shell that was formed when she became a Warframe. I suppose she could shed her hardened Kuva shell temporarily in her 4th ability. That would be quite a unique and interesting ability, and I have been looking for a replacement to her current 4th ability. I will definitely explore this idea further, thanks!

Archived