Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guen, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑲𝒖𝒗𝒂 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒆 🌶️ (Mutalist Frame #1) [𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗔𝗥𝗧!]

(XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes

On 2020-06-21 at 8:24 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Sure, though I'd still look into making the text not gigantic as well. That's honestly hard to read in general.

I'll think about it. I think I'm gonna leave it like this for a while, just to see how it feels. I might shrink it down later though.

Fair enough, that works. I'd still go with "the strongest enemy in range" rather than "the closest enemy," though. It cuts down a little bit on the fiddliness of trying to stand next to a bombard and away from a Butcher. Nekros' Shadow of the Dead already does this, picking the strongest enemies among the last 20 or so he's killed, rather than reviving them in order.

That makes sense. It would make things smoother in gameplay, and easier to explain in the description too. I assume that by "strongest" you mean the enemy that does the most damage, because it would be made invincible and survivability wouldn't really matter.

So... To sum up broadly: Tap Scepter to slam it into the ground and convert 1 (or more) corpses (or corpse pieces) into invulnerable Kuva Guardians at the cost of health. Essentially temporary pets. Hold Scepter to dismiss all Guardians and reabsorb their Kuva. Specific numbers notwithstanding. That sound OK?

Yeah, that sounds good.

Although, I don't know what you mean by "(or more)", I thought we agreed that it wouldn't convert more than 1 at a time.

Also, weather or not a corpse is in pieces wouldn't matter. As soon as the kuva enters that enemy, it's pieces would all reattach themselves.

Finally, Guen's guardians wouldn't really be temporary. The only way Guen's guardians would seace to exist is if she dies, deactivates them, or runs out of energy.

I'm ambivalent. Personally, I'd rather use direct in-game terms for names, but I'm perfectly fine with whatever names you come up with just as well. I really don't see a reason to fight you on the subject, plus it's your concept. Name them what you will and I won't bring it up again. I will still use the simpler names to refer to abilities, though 🙂

Ok, that's fine. It doesn't really matter what we call them in discussion.

Hmm... How about ALSO scaling Kuva collection speed based on the health of enemies used? Maybe even have Kuva Siphon try to pull ALL the corpses around Guen and add their health together to boost collection speed? Say, 1% collection speed for every 300 health consumed, up to an additional 100%? That way, Guen's heal wouldn't be "free." Like Inaros, she'd need enemies to heal off of. Or would that be too complex?

Yeah, I think it would be too complex. Even without this part of your kuva siphon idea I still think it's a bit finnicky.

Don't get me wrong, I do like it. I probably would have used it too, but since there is room for a healing ability now I would rather go with my original health siphon idea. It's basically your idea but without many of the steps. It's a lot easier to explain, understand, and use. I think at this point the "healing off of enemies" thing just isn't very practical. Especially considering we have been trying to simplify Guen so far, I think the health siphon is the better alternative to your kuva siphon.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I'll think about it. I think I'm gonna leave it like this for a while, just to see how it feels. I might shrink it down later though.

There's really no benefit to artificially making the text larger, but it's up to you.

That makes sense. It would make things smoother in gameplay, and easier to explain in the description too. I assume that by "strongest" you mean the enemy that does the most damage, because it would be made invincible and survivability wouldn't really matter.

I'm honestly not sure what comparator Shadows of the Dead uses, but I presume this can be tweaked based on custom preferences. I believe high-level units are chosen before low-level ones, Eximus before regular, Heavy units before anything else, and then some internal hierarchy between individual unit types. I just meant to say that precedent exists for abilities curating the enemy they raise, rather than just using the physically closest or more recently killed.

Yeah, that sounds good. Although, I don't know what you mean by "(or more)", I thought we agreed that it wouldn't convert more than 1 at a time. Also, weather or not a corpse is in pieces wouldn't matter. As soon as the kuva enters that enemy, it's pieces would all reattach themselves. Finally, Guen's guardians wouldn't really be temporary. The only way Guen's guardians would seace to exist is if she dies, deactivates them, or runs out of energy.

I don't want to do too many in-line comments, so a few things here... By "or more," I was merely leaving the opportunity open for discussion. I still don't really see an issue with summoning multiple Guardians at once, but I equally have no issue if you want to cap it to one. I didn't so much agree with restricting Kuva Scepter to resurrecting just one enemy as I chose not to fight you on the matter since it's ultimately not important enough to detract from the overall discussion. One is fine.

On the matter of "reconstructing" corpses, however - I don't know that Warframe's codebase supports this. Unless I miss my guess, bisected bodies spawn additional actors with no real tracking of which part goes with which other part. Other abilities which act on bodies don't make that distinction, either. Nekros' Desecrate will desecrate each body part individually as though it were a separate body. It's why people often suggest taking Slash-heavy weapons with him - it manufactures more body parts, creating more fodder for Desecrate. As long as Guen needs corpses on the ground, I suspect bodyparts will have to work similarly.

As to Kuva Guardians being "infinite" - I don't know that that's a good idea. Even Nyx's Mind Control isn't infinite. I would personally recommend slapping a duration on them of some sort. This both gives incentive to build for Ability Duration and avoids the "fire and forget" issue. I personally find abilities in Warframe to be "boring" if all I need to do is hit the ability and then forget about it. Inaros' Scarab Armour has this exact issue without the presence of Negation Swarm (which is another reason I feel that should just be part of the ability). On its own, I throw on some Scarab Armour and don't think about it for 5-10 minutes. With Negation Swarm, I'm constantly shedding Scarab Armour and thus need to keep an eye on it, lest it drop too low for Scarab Swarm. Rhino's Iron Skin has a similar issue, though in his case it's the inability to recast it while active that does that.

This, incidentally, is also why I'm not a fan of invulnerable pets. We've established that you want them to BE invulnerable, so fair enough. However, if that's the case then I'd argue they need a finite duration. You can even let Guen extend their duration for the cost of just energy by retriggering Kuva Scepter with three Guardians already active, like Nekros can do with his Shadows of the Dead. Again - ultimately it's up to you, but I wouldn't recommend uncapping their duration.

Don't get me wrong, I do like it. I probably would have used it too, but since there is room for a healing ability now I would rather go with my original health siphon idea. It's basically your idea but without many of the steps. It's a lot easier to explain, understand, and use. I think at this point the "healing off of enemies" thing just isn't very practical. Especially considering we have been trying to simplify Guen so far, I think the health siphon is the better alternative to your kuva siphon.

I don't know that I agree on your assertion of complexity here. My proposal for Kuva Siphon was simple - it gathers Kuva faster the more enemies are near it, more so if the enemies are affected by Guen's other abilities. That's it. It's no more complex than something like Inaros' Scarab Swarm or Saryn's Infection. Or hell, a better example - Atlas' Rubble. Did you know that if you kill Petrified enemies via Landslide (as opposed to any other damage source), the Rubble they drop heals you for 75 Health/Armour rather than the standard 50? That's all I'm proposing here.

We're also not talking about the gameplay tactics complexity of trying to actually use Limbo's Rift Surge (which I suspect nobody bothers with). You hit an enemy or a corpse (forget what we decided) with Kuva Siphon, then you throw down a Kuva Flood around it to pull people in. Means more people in range, means people are affected by Kuva. If you have the spare energy, spam Kuva Cloud on them a well. This isn't that far off Protea throwing Shrapnel Vortexes which stumble enemies and keep them from encroaching on her Blaze Artillery stacks. And these are just the examples I can recall off-hand.

Obviously, I'm not saying you're wrong and you should go with my suggestion. It is your design, after all 🙂 I just don't think my proposal is as complex as you fear it to be. My explanation of it is complex for the same reason reading about abilities on the Wiki makes them sound super complex - I'm trying to be exhaustive. However, I also keep an eye towards simple rules of thumb for how the abilities might be used in practice. I believe the implementation complexity does not correspond to tactical complexity on this one.

20 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

On the matter of "reconstructing" corpses, however - I don't know that Warframe's codebase supports this. Unless I miss my guess, bisected bodies spawn additional actors with no real tracking of which part goes with which other part. Other abilities which act on bodies don't make that distinction, either. Nekros' Desecrate will desecrate each body part individually as though it were a separate body. It's why people often suggest taking Slash-heavy weapons with him - it manufactures more body parts, creating more fodder for Desecrate. As long as Guen needs corpses on the ground, I suspect bodyparts will have to work similarly.

I don't see how this would be possible. If Guen made a guardian, but the effected corpse was just an arm or a leg or something, would it just hop around attacking enemies? The reason this works with desecrate is because the enemy doesn't need to walk around or even function properly for it to work. But for a kuva guardian to function properly it would need all of its limbs. If this ability is to work I don't think it should function the same way that desecrate does, and I don't think it has to either. Do you really think it's that much of a stretch for resurected guardians to get their limbs back? I feel like DE wouldn't really have an issue with it.

I don't know that I agree on your assertion of complexity here. My proposal for Kuva Siphon was simple - it gathers Kuva faster the more enemies are near it, more so if the enemies are affected by Guen's other abilities. That's it. It's no more complex than something like Inaros' Scarab Swarm or Saryn's Infection. Or hell, a better example - Atlas' Rubble. Did you know that if you kill Petrified enemies via Landslide (as opposed to any other damage source), the Rubble they drop heals you for 75 Health/Armour rather than the standard 50? That's all I'm proposing here.

You're right, by itself this ability wouldn't be too complex to use. But with Guen's other abilities, and her passive, I think it gets to be a bit too much. Plus, shouldn't the siphon ability be the simplest of all? The way I see it, this ability would be used in an emergency where you are low on health and you need a boost quick in order to stay alive. I think we should really give this ability a one and done type of activation. Especially considering the fact that most people who use Guen would be staring at her health half of the time, I think it would be nice for her to have one ability people can rely on. One that has no strings attached and requires no real skill, attention, or time to use.

As to Kuva Guardians being "infinite" - I don't know that that's a good idea. Even Nyx's Mind Control isn't infinite. I would personally recommend slapping a duration on them of some sort. This both gives incentive to build for Ability Duration and avoids the "fire and forget" issue. I personally find abilities in Warframe to be "boring" if all I need to do is hit the ability and then forget about it. Inaros' Scarab Armour has this exact issue without the presence of Negation Swarm (which is another reason I feel that should just be part of the ability). On its own, I throw on some Scarab Armour and don't think about it for 5-10 minutes. With Negation Swarm, I'm constantly shedding Scarab Armour and thus need to keep an eye on it, lest it drop too low for Scarab Swarm. Rhino's Iron Skin has a similar issue, though in his case it's the inability to recast it while active that does that.

This, incidentally, is also why I'm not a fan of invulnerable pets. We've established that you want them to BE invulnerable, so fair enough. However, if that's the case then I'd argue they need a finite duration. You can even let Guen extend their duration for the cost of just energy by retriggering Kuva Scepter with three Guardians already active, like Nekros can do with his Shadows of the Dead. Again - ultimately it's up to you, but I wouldn't recommend uncapping their duration.

You're right, I should probably give them a time limit, and that duration replenish idea is one I've had before. The only problem is, how would people know when they should retrigger the scepter ability?

I could make the guardians flash red whenever they're running out of time, but then that would make gameplay more technical, every now and then you would have to track down your guardians and make sure they still have time.

I have another idea of how to solve this problem, but I had to put it in the next post because of a technical issue.

I did have an idea before, about how to warn players before the guardians expire, but I'm not sure it's the best way to go. Tell me what you think of it. Here it is quoted down below (FYI, the idea was originally for Guen's shields, so whenever it says shield pretend it says guardian):

On 2020-06-11 at 10:25 PM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

•This ability has a time limit, but that time limit varies anywhere from 30 to 50 seconds for each shield. Luckily the time limit on each of her shields will be renewed any time Guen uses her kuva scepter ability. When a shield is renewed, the duration for that shield will be a randomized again, between 30 and 50 seconds.

•If the time for one of Guen’s shields run out, and the kuva scepter ability has not been used, then that shield will expire. When this happens the kuva within that shield will quickly jump out of the shield and back into Guen, leaving behind the lifeless corpse which it previously inhabited.

•Whenever a shield expires, the health and health capacity used to create it will be refunded.

•So long as at least one kuva shield is active a small green clock will be displayed at the bottom right of your screen (In the same place as Gauss’ battery). It should look something like this: 25765049e5124708529eea8a364ec19b.jpg7a64f7d1823f87f2104a32e4c2b7f3c2.jpge8573876a63547537d4220948ae8ecfa.jpg(It turns right/ clockwise). This clock represents the amount of time left before the shield nearest to expiring does so. Once this clock makes a full revolution, the shield that corresponds to that clock will expire.

•If the shield nearest to expiring has less than 10 seconds left, then both the clock and the corresponding shield will begin to flash red: 30aa1bd0531321451745c8bf56dadd04.jpge39c49fe39b632d1cf5be6a1dfdf8fa4.jpgab6ca9371bc5b20340bf28b45107f110.jpg Also, a beeping sound will begin to warn you that your shield is running out of time.

If one of Guen’s shields expire, and Guen still has more shields active, then the hand on the clock will quickly snap to the position matching the progression of the shield which is now closest to expiring (I know this sentence is a mouthful, but I think if you reread it a few times it will make sense).

2 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I don't see how this would be possible. If Guen made a guardian, but the effected corpse was just an arm or a leg or something, would it just hop around attacking enemies? The reason this works with desecrate is because the enemy doesn't need to walk around or even function properly for it to work. But for a kuva guardian to function properly it would need all of its limbs. If this ability is to work I don't think it should function the same way that desecrate does, and I don't think it has to either. Do you really think it's that much of a stretch for resurected guardians to get their limbs back? I feel like DE wouldn't really have an issue with it.

Oh, I've no issue with the Guardians Guen summons being intact. What I was saying is I don't know that the game can "clear" all parts of the same corpse when you convert one of them. They are - for all intents and purposes - independent entities at this point. Means you can summon two Bombards from both halves of a single Bombard split down the middle 🙂 I think by necessity you'll need to abstract Bodyguards a little bit, say covering them in Kuva in Guen's chosen Aura colour. That way, you can argue that Guen used Kuva to reconstitute damaged corpses while not having to worry about missing heads/limbs or gigantic holes in their chests. They can just look like the source unit with a coloured skin draped over it.

Now, you may not like being able to summon more enemies than Guen has killed. There ARE ways to remedy this. If DE have some ways of "linking" body parts together, all parts can be removed when one of them is resurrected. Otherwise, the game could require a second body part somewhere in range spawning a Kuva Guardian from a body part and simply remove both of them. For this, a distance check should be more reliable since HOPEFULLY both an enemy's pieces would have landed close together. This could still pull pieces from two different enemies, but I don't think anyone would actually notice or care at that point.

Again - this is a purely mechanical/coding issue. I've no further arguments with the ability's actual design.

You're right, I should probably give them a time limit, and that duration replenish idea is one I've had before. The only problem is, how would people know when they should retrigger the scepter ability? I could make the guardians flash red whenever they're running out of time, but then that would make gameplay more technical, every now and then you would have to track down your guardians and make sure they still have time. I have another idea of how to solve this problem, but I had to put it in the next post because of a technical issue.

If I may, I'd go one of two ways - and both of them reference Payday 2 mods.

One way is to simply put each Bodyguard/Shield in the UI with its own icon with either a numerical timer or the analogue clock you're proposing. Having used Payday 2's WolfHUD, having pets displayed in the corner of the screen can be very useful for a quick reference.

The other option is to cause Guardians to visually fade in some fashion. Let's say we give them a bright glow in select parts on their bodies in Guen's chosen Aura colour. Full brightness means a fresh Bodyguard, dull and colourless means a Bodyguard who's just about to expire. You can further put brightness on a quadratic curve, backloading it so that enemies spend more of their time dark just to give Guen extra time to react. You can also give them some audio cue, like they scream or start making other loud noises 5-10 seconds before they expire. Your Scepter ability syncs their duration anyway, so if one's expiring then they all are.

Again - this is an issue of implementation. I don't have an issue with the Guardian design.

You're right, by itself this ability wouldn't be too complex to use. But with Guen's other abilities, and her passive, I think it gets to be a bit too much. Plus, shouldn't the siphon ability be the simplest of all? The way I see it, this ability would be used in an emergency where you are low on health and you need a boost quick in order to stay alive. I think we should really give this ability a one and done type of activation. Especially considering the fact that most people who use Guen would be staring at her health half of the time, I think it would be nice for her to have one ability people can rely on. One that has no strings attached and requires no real skill, attention, or time to use.

Fair enough, that also works. I still think you could increase her health gained from nearby enemies affected by Kuva Cloud and Kuva Flood, but that's up to you.

As an alternate suggestion - you could turn Kuva Cloud into a "held" ability. The player cand hold the button to keep healing at the cost of a constant energy drain. You could also make Guen vulnerable to damage, thus offering the player a choice - heal to full and risk getting shot, or heal just a little in order to make back health spent on abilities.

But again - there's nothing wrong with your version of it, either.

i may not be able to see it right but im not sure what shes supposed to do. like how most warframes have an idea or style of play in mind i think that if you changed her abilities to make her kind of a nuker like saryn and mag but instead of killing all the enemies at once she will begin draining enemy life over the entire map and maybe weaponize it or turn it into energy. but her abilities kinda place her all over the place.

On 2020-06-24 at 5:41 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Oh, I've no issue with the Guardians Guen summons being intact. What I was saying is I don't know that the game can "clear" all parts of the same corpse when you convert one of them. They are - for all intents and purposes - independent entities at this point. Means you can summon two Bombards from both halves of a single Bombard split down the middle 🙂 I think by necessity you'll need to abstract Bodyguards a little bit, say covering them in Kuva in Guen's chosen Aura colour. That way, you can argue that Guen used Kuva to reconstitute damaged corpses while not having to worry about missing heads/limbs or gigantic holes in their chests. They can just look like the source unit with a coloured skin draped over it.

Now, you may not like being able to summon more enemies than Guen has killed. There ARE ways to remedy this. If DE have some ways of "linking" body parts together, all parts can be removed when one of them is resurrected. Otherwise, the game could require a second body part somewhere in range spawning a Kuva Guardian from a body part and simply remove both of them. For this, a distance check should be more reliable since HOPEFULLY both an enemy's pieces would have landed close together. This could still pull pieces from two different enemies, but I don't think anyone would actually notice or care at that point.

Again - this is a purely mechanical/coding issue. I've no further arguments with the ability's actual design.

Yeah, this sounds more like something DE will have to work out if they decide to make Guen a reality.

One way is to simply put each Bodyguard/Shield in the UI with its own icon with either a numerical timer or the analogue clock you're proposing. Having used Payday 2's WolfHUD, having pets displayed in the corner of the screen can be very useful for a quick reference.

I think I will do something like this. That way you don't have to track down your guardians to check if they are close to expiring.

As an alternate suggestion - you could turn Kuva Cloud into a "held" ability. The player cand hold the button to keep healing at the cost of a constant energy drain. You could also make Guen vulnerable to damage, thus offering the player a choice - heal to full and risk getting shot, or heal just a little in order to make back health spent on abilities.

I assume that by “kuva cloud” you meant “kuva siphon” so I’m going to respond as if that is what you actually said.

I have thought about making the kuva siphon a held ability. But this would allow people to become invincible by pairing it with “hunters adrenaline” and other energy mods/ augments. Even if the enemies managed to damage Guen faster than she heals, there are healing mods/ augments that could prevent that.

Basically, making this a held ability would make it too op.

11 hours ago, StuntDouble said:

i may not be able to see it right but im not sure what shes supposed to do. like how most warframes have an idea or style of play in mind i think that if you changed her abilities to make her kind of a nuker like saryn and mag but instead of killing all the enemies at once she will begin draining enemy life over the entire map and maybe weaponize it or turn it into energy. but her abilities kinda place her all over the place.

I don't know that I understand what you mean. Guen is not supposed to be like saryn or mag, and Guen doesn't kill a bunch of enemies all at once in any of her abilities. You seem to have skipped quite a few important parts of Guen's description.

I do understand that there is a lot to go through when it comes to Guen's description, and all of that information can be a bit overwhelming, so here are some of the highlights:

1) Guen is made of kuva, so if some of her abilities seem weird it's because they are themed around kuva

2) when Guen uses an ability some of her health is stripped away, but luckily this health is refunded once the corresponding ability is no longer active

3) using ability strength mods will boost the amount of health Guen receives from ability refunds.

4) One of Guen's passive abilities allow her to evade death. I know this has been done before, but this one is a bit unique in the way it works.

5) Guen is the 1st and only warframe to have overhealth. She can achieve overhealth in several different ways (I won't go into them right now, so you're just going to have to look for them in the description yourself)

6) In gameplay Guen is meant to be a bit of a gamble. Using an ability will take away health, so using an ability at the wrong time could kill you. But, if used strategically, Guen's ability refunds could send Guen's health into overhealth, solidifying your survival.

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, AllFiery said:

Won't using her abilities buff Grineers? Kuva is somewhat like steroids to them if you think about it.

No, Guen is a little bit different in that sense. Guen is not only the source of the kuva, it’s a part of her. Because of this she is able to control it as well as it’s influence on enemies. Considering that fact, Guen would never buff an enemy unless it benefits her (like in her 4th ability).

Guen does deviate from kuva’s normal logic from time to time, but I always make sure it does not stray too far from where DE has taken kuva thus far. I made sure that Guen as she is now is good enough for DE to make minimal changes when implementing it into the game.

Good question by the way! 🙂

19 hours ago, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

you have my moral and economic support if necessary.

Thanks. Right now probably the best way you could help me is be giving me some extra feedback.

-Augment mods: Iv’e been having some real trouble coming up with augment mods. So if you think of anything that would be a big help.

-Errors: If you spot errors of any kind within my post let me know. Ex: errors in the story line, grammar, typos, etc.

-Changes: If you see anything that you think could be made better let me know. If you have ideas on how to make those things better that would be great too.

-Additions: If you think I may have missed/ overlooked something, or you think that Guen would just be better with a little extra something be sure to fill me in.

Thanks. Right now probably the best way you could help me is be giving me some extra feedback.

-Augment mods: Iv’e been having some real trouble coming up with augment mods. So if you think of anything that would be a big help.

-Errors: If you spot errors of any kind within my post let me know. Ex: errors in the story line, grammar, typos, etc.

-Changes: If you see anything that you think could be made better let me know. If you have ideas on how to make those things better that would be great too.

-Additions: If you think I may have missed/ overlooked something, or you think that Guen would just be better with a little extra something be sure to fill me in.

Understood

22 hours ago, (PS4)Neo7590 said:

Yo, I love this idea for a female frame, the design is amazing, the story is fantastic, the abilties is freaking awesome. DE needs to make this a reality and Guen would be one of the top frames I'd be running aside from Umbra, and Ash prime 

Thank you so much! I’m so glad you like it. I’m especially glad that you like the story. Until I saw your post I didn’t think anyone read the story. 🙂

On 2020-06-23 at 6:20 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Hey, I know it's been a while, but I've been thinking about how to implement Guen's boduguardians in the best way possible and I could use your input. Obviously you don't have to respond if you don't want to, it has been a while so I'd understand.

Now I know we agreed to put a time limit on the guardians, but now I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

Since the scepter costs 72 energy to activate, it would be quite expensive to keep a bodyguardian alive. Not to mention more than one considering the fact that each drains 2 energy per second.

So lets say we get rid of the energy drain per second. For someone to keep a bodyguardian alive they would need to pay attention to how much time their guardian(s) have left, as well as how much energy they have. On a normal frame this would already be a lot to pay attention to, but with Guen it's way too much. Even if it doesn't seem like a big deal now, the mere fact that this ability is a bit inconvenient would make it impractical in battle.

The solution I have found is the complete opposite. Make the Guardian's infinite and give them an energy drain of 2 per second. Now I know that at first glance this seems OP, but I disagree. I crunched the numbers and I found that keeping just one bodyguardian alive for 36 seconds would cost 72 energy. And for 4 bodyguardians it would only take 9 seconds before 72 energy is drained. Basically what this does is it serves as the timer but without the hassle and distractions, and this way bodyguardians are actually more expensive to maintain than it would be if the scepter renewed them. Now sure, someone could use a bunch of energy mods and never have to worry about that energy drain, but by doing that they wouldn't be able to use other mods that could potentially be more effective or useful.

What do you think? (Not necessarily a question just for "Steel_Rook", I'll take anyone's thoughts on the subject)

I need some help!

I’ve struggled for weeks to come up with good augment mods for Guen’s 1st, 2nd, and 4th ability.

Creating these augment mods is the last thing I have to do before I can call this frame complete. Sure there are some minor things here and there that I will continue to change, but this is pretty much it.

Can someone please help me out here? I’d really appreciate it!

21 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

The solution I have found is the complete opposite. Make the Guardian's infinite and give them an energy drain of 2 per second. Now I know that at first glance this seems OP, but I disagree. I crunched the numbers and I found that keeping just one bodyguardian alive for 36 seconds would cost 72 energy. And for 4 bodyguardians it would only take 9 seconds before 72 energy is drained. Basically what this does is it serves as the timer but without the hassle and distractions, and this way bodyguardians are actually more expensive to maintain than it would be if the scepter renewed them. Now sure, someone could use a bunch of energy mods and never have to worry about that energy drain, but by doing that they wouldn't be able to use other mods that could potentially be more effective or useful.

Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of energy drain over time. It just feels like an anti-fun mechanic to me, especially since you can drain yourself completely if you're careless. I'd much rather go with duration for the Guardians, with the ability to recast Scepter and reset their duration. That's more or less what Nekros does, except his Shadows of the Dead lose health over time rather than working on a timer. The basic premise is the same, though - your summons are slowly timing out, keep an eye on them and recast if you want to keep them around. This still gives you continuous energy use if you really want to have that without also opening the door to forgetting and losing all of your energy.

I actually wasn't aware that you had energy drain per second attached to them (clearly I missed it), else I would have suggested this earlier. Grendel already has this issue, where I keep forgetting I have people in my gut and remembering only when he throws up.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I’ve struggled for weeks to come up with good augment mods for Guen’s 1st, 2nd, and 4th ability.

I'm really not good at writing augments, unfortunately, so I can't really help you there. Sorry about that. Hopefully someone else could.

On 2020-07-17 at 1:31 AM, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I need some help!

Creating these augment mods is the last thing I have to do before I can call this frame complete. Sure there are some minor things here and there that I will continue to change, but this is pretty much it.

Can someone please help me out here? I’d really appreciate it!

I'm not good at creating any augment either. Let's say that the easiest thing would be to remove a small effect from the main ability and turn it into mod. The thing I'm thinking about is that the skills that represent this warframe are already complete.

2 hours ago, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

I'm not good at creating any augment either. Let's say that the easiest thing would be to remove a small effect from the main ability and turn it into mod. The thing I'm thinking about is that the skills that represent this warframe are already complete.

That's how you get studf like Catapult ( grendel 4th argument ). Something that feels good on the ability and should be there by default but is locked behind an augument.

On 2020-07-12 at 4:26 AM, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

you have my moral and economic support if necessary.

On 2020-07-15 at 12:09 PM, (PS4)Neo7590 said:

Yo, I love this idea for a female frame, the design is amazing, the story is fantastic, the abilties is freaking awesome. DE needs to make this a reality and Guen would be one of the top frames I'd be running aside from Umbra, and Ash prime 

If this frame is to become a reality I will need some help in order to make that happen.

I just did a bit of research to see how many other frame concepts have been brought into the game, and it seems that my adds aren’t very good. I’m not giving up though, I believe that if DE gave this frame a chance they would see all that I see in it. They would see that Guen has plenty to offer, not only in gameplay, but in story as well.

Right now this frame can only be found through this one forums page. Only people who happen to stumble upon it while scrolling through forums end up seeing it. And there is no talk of Guen or “a warframe made of kuva” anywhere else on the internet.

If you believe in this frame as I do, please help me to give it a fighting chance.

If you could help spread the word about Guen, that might help her chances. (By spread the word I mean through other websites/ social media outlets, or even just tell your friends about it)
(This request is for anyone that is willing, not just for those I’ve quoted)

23 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

If this frame is to become a reality I will need some help in order to make that happen.

I just did a bit of research to see how many other frame concepts have been brought into the game, and it seems that my adds aren’t very good. I’m not giving up though, I believe that if DE gave this frame a chance they would see all that I see in it. They would see that Guen has plenty to offer, not only in gameplay, but in story as well.

Right now this frame can only be found through this one forums page. Only people who happen to stumble upon it while scrolling through forums end up seeing it. And there is no talk of Guen or “a warframe made of kuva” anywhere else on the internet.

If you believe in this frame as I do, please help me to give it a fighting chance.

If you could help spread the word about Guen, that might help her chances. 
(This request is for anyone that is willing, not just for those I’ve quoted)

Buy this method isn't a spam?

Archived