Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need to keep loot when it drops instead of ext and let us inv when Objective done

EdenFlame

Just let us keep loot when it drops instead of worrying about extraction and let us invite people even when Objective is complete like 5 min in survival..
Both of this because some bug or some network problem made them disconnected they lose loot but also not able to join back...

Letting us just keep loot is easier said than done and would rely on constantly telling the server everytime you pick up one single thing.  Sounds like a pretty bad thing.

I do agree with the invite after objective - but only for things like Defense, Survival etc.  It shouldn't be for things like exterminate/capture/Railjack or anything you can effectively scum completion rewards from.

Ages ago, towards the beginning of Warframe, we kept loot when we picked it up. However, people exploited it, caused many host migrations, and were generally not very considerate to other people in the team--if they did not get what they wanted, they quit. Thus, it was decided that people would need to extract to keep their loot, as only those who completed the mission should keep their loot. 

However, rejoining would be nice, probably a lot harder to code than it appears though.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Letting us just keep loot is easier said than done and would rely on constantly telling the server everytime you pick up one single thing.  Sounds like a pretty bad thing.

I do agree with the invite after objective - but only for things like Defense, Survival etc.  It shouldn't be for things like exterminate/capture/Railjack or anything you can effectively scum completion rewards from.

It happens in Destiny 2 so if other games can have it why Warframe not I can understand host migration and stuff but if u ever played destiny u will know what I'm talking about because when host leaves there it just passes to other person without any host migration screen. 

7 hours ago, Vicidomini said:

Ages ago, towards the beginning of Warframe, we kept loot when we picked it up. However, people exploited it, caused many host migrations, and were generally not very considerate to other people in the team--if they did not get what they wanted, they quit. Thus, it was decided that people would need to extract to keep their loot, as only those who completed the mission should keep their loot. 

However, rejoining would be nice, probably a lot harder to code than it appears though.

I understand that but that is where rejoining thing can come in hand  and if people are making squads to farm same thing I think they all will agree that they should call mission off now since they got what they wanted but, even if someone wanna continue they can just inv other people's if only "Objective is complete" thing is not in the way. 

This 2 things can solve each other's problems. 

3 hours ago, EdenFlame said:

It happens in Destiny 2 so if other games can have it why Warframe not I can understand host migration and stuff but if u ever played destiny u will know what I'm talking about because when host leaves there it just passes to other person without any host migration screen. 

oh yes I've played my fair share of Destiny 2... enough to know that game has huge lag for accessing any menus and inventories specifically because of its need to have real time communication with the servers at all times.  There are sacrifices being made in that game to make things like real time loot saving a reality.   

15 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Letting us just keep loot is easier said than done and would rely on constantly telling the server everytime you pick up one single thing.

Constant server communication is completely unnecessary. You can just let clients locally keep a copy of the list which contains all loot collected so far, in their current mission, and upload it in bulk in the event of "host migration failed" or whatnot. Simple as that.
At the moment, however, it seems like the host is the one who stores everyone's loot info which is basically putting all the eggs in one basket.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

20 hours ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

let clients 

It might seem simpler to do this and say it that way.  But it doesn't work out cleanly in real life.  There is very good reasons why DE limits how much data is available on the client end.

The host is not storing all rewards - you are, temporarily - like you are suggesting.  The temporary storage is purged when not saved.  The game only saves at the end the missions not during host migrations which are effectively "Disconnects."  The only other conditions I know it to save under is when completing an Endless objective, i.e. every 5 waves of Defense etc.  

You kind of need real time saving on the server or what we have now is the best we've got.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z