Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rank 9 Mastry test is giving me anxiety attacks

Matthewwace833

Hey,

I've been playing Warframe for some time, came back to it recently and have been completely stuck on the Rank 9 Mastry Test, I'd hardly call it a "Test" because of how it's all based on mechanics that play almost NO part in standard gameplay, furthermore with how it is designed it has repeatedly given me very real panic attacks any time I try to do it. Any time I try I seem to get spotted by some enemy from somewhere I had NO way of seeing beforehand. With how this "test" pretty much demands perfection I found myself breaking down in tears upon failing, along with a high heartrate and overall feeling awful, which is NOT how a game like this should make people feel. I know that this may seem stupid because the majority of players have probably done this test without a hitch, but I've tried almost every stratgey and cheese tactic to try and pass to no avail. I'm not looking for sympathy, all I'm asking, or more rather, pleading, is that Digital Extreams remove the Rank 9 test and replace it with something that better fits with the main gameplay styles this game allows. As it stands all this tests does is remind me how much of a failiure I am and that I can't do anything right.

First of all welcome to the forums tenno.

I'm sorry to hear that tenno.

Alright lets try to find you a way to easely cheese it out shall we.

Is it the stealth melee only test ( if i recall well )?

If yes you are not the only one at all.

Have you tryed banshee with the redeemer and just sniping them out from really far ( because its infinite ammo anyway ^.^ )

Banshee is important she makes all weapons silent ^.^ 

like this 

Spoiler

Edited by trunks013

33 minutes ago, Matthewwace833 said:

Hey,

I've been playing Warframe for some time, came back to it recently and have been completely stuck on the Rank 9 Mastry Test, I'd hardly call it a "Test" because of how it's all based on mechanics that play almost NO part in standard gameplay, furthermore with how it is designed it has repeatedly given me very real panic attacks any time I try to do it. Any time I try I seem to get spotted by some enemy from somewhere I had NO way of seeing beforehand. With how this "test" pretty much demands perfection I found myself breaking down in tears upon failing, along with a high heartrate and overall feeling awful, which is NOT how a game like this should make people feel. I know that this may seem stupid because the majority of players have probably done this test without a hitch, but I've tried almost every stratgey and cheese tactic to try and pass to no avail. I'm not looking for sympathy, all I'm asking, or more rather, pleading, is that Digital Extreams remove the Rank 9 test and replace it with something that better fits with the main gameplay styles this game allows. As it stands all this tests does is remind me how much of a failiure I am and that I can't do anything right.

The test did become a lot harder a while ago when the enemy visibility rules changed. Stealth is actually a big part of the game, many play pure stealth, but many don't play it that way which makes this a fairly unpopular test.

When I ran this test (admittedly before the changes) I used the tall pillars to keep myself out of their view. As above Banshee is probably the best for now. If you Youtube it for videos within the last 6 months you should see some other strategies.

It is a bit of a last resort but if you open a ticket using the Support Desk link at the top of the page and explain the situation the support team might advance you.

I assume you know you can practice the test in Simaris' room in the relays? Also, any mastery you gain whilst trying to get past the test is not lost. It will be awarded to you when you get past it.

13 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

First of all welcome to the forums tenno.

I'm sorry to hear that tenno.

Alright lets try to find you a way to easely cheese it out shall we.

Is it the stealth melee only test ( if i recall well )?

If yes you are not the only one at all.

Have you tryed banshee with the redeemer and just sniping them out from really far ( because its infinite ammo anyway ^.^ )

Banshee is important she makes all weapons silent ^.^ 

like this 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I tried that, only problem is the redeemer couldn't reliably kill them in one shot, leading to me being detected. At this point I don't want to try the test again, it's done nothing but destroy what little of my mental health I have left.

10 minutes ago, Matthewwace833 said:

Yeah I tried that, only problem is the redeemer couldn't reliably kill them in one shot, leading to me being detected. At this point I don't want to try the test again, it's done nothing but destroy what little of my mental health I have left.

This is gonna need more testing on my side and ill come back to you with a build because usually Redeemer hits like a train

if you touch something with it its supposed to die.

I nuke 17th condrix like a breeze with a bad build of a redeemer.

Edited by trunks013

Il y a 19 heures, Matthewwace833 a dit :

Hey,

Few tips : just take Enemy radar & Enemy sense & Vigilante pursuit in your build, that will allow you to see ennemies on ur mini-map (if u don't have them, contact me in game, i'll give them to u for free ;))
for the weapon, i advise you to pick a glaive (glaive prime/falcor/cerata/orvius/ect) and use the heavy attack (i can give u mods for it if u need to) you'll just have to use the heavy attack to throw it on them, it has a 30m range (and if you miss your shot, you can force the glaive to explode in an AoE attack :P) , so you should be able to kill them easily from far away, the redeemer is a good option but you start losing dmg after 10meters

Anyway, don't hesitate to contact me in game for the mods you could need for this 😉

Edited by 1st-1

3 hours ago, 1st-1 said:

Few tips : just take Enemy radar & Enemy sense & Vigilante pursuit in your build, that will allow you to see ennemies on ur mini-map (if u don't have them, contact me in game, i'll give them to u for free ;))
for the weapon, i advise you to pick a glaive (glaive prime/falcor/cerata/orvius/ect) and use the heavy attack (i can give u mods for it if u need to) you'll just have to use the heavy attack to throw it on them, it has a 30m range (and if you miss your shot, you can force the glaive to explode in an AoE attack :P) , so you should be able to kill them easily from far away, the redeemer is a good option but you start losing dmg after 10meters

Anyway, don't hesitate to contact me in game for the mods you could need for this 😉

Thanks, I have the Glaive and Radar mods and am able to get through the first 2 stages of the test, my main problem is by the last one I get so panicked that I end up getting spotted by someone I couldn't even see, last time I tried I got spotted by someone halfway across the map. Even so much as thinking about this damn test now gives makes my heart race and I just feel awful.

Did you put all 3 radar mods in your build ? their effect can stack, might help you, and for the last platform, you should just get on the edge of it, to make the mobs spawn and then quickly go back to the 2nd, from there, try to get them one by one, when they're split (or u can try to kill multiple ennemies with the heavy attack explosion, but.. its a bit harder :P), take your time, they won't be able to see you on the 2nd platform and you'll succeed 😉

Don't panick btw, just use the training room, so you can retry as many times as u want to master it ^^ , if you don't know where the training room is, go in a relay, go to the simaris room, on the right, there is a path that leads to the different mastery rank test, you can do them as much as you want

(Sorry for typo, french dude here :D)

Edited by 1st-1

10 minutes ago, 1st-1 said:

Did you put all 3 radar mods in your build ? their effect can stack, might help you, and for the last platform, you should just get on the edge of it, to make the mobs spawn and then quickly go back to the 2nd, from there, try to get them one by one, when they're split (or u can try to kill multiple ennemies with the heavy attack explosion, but.. its a bit harder :P), take your time, they won't be able to see you on the 2nd platform and you'll succeed 😉

Don't panick btw, just use the training room, so you can retry as many times as u want to master it ^^ , if you don't know where the training room is, go in a relay, go to the simaris room, on the right, there is a path that leads to the different mastery rank test, you can do them as much as you want

(Sorry for typo, french dude here :D)

bon cop bad cop | Tumblr

^.^ 

that being said i think in the last stage they you can just jump down to spawn them and jump back up ^.^ 

If you have finished the Sacrifice, one of the rewards is a melee that can turn you invisible upon doing a finisher for 5 seconds. In this period of time, don't attack and make your way to the next target and click x to finisher them, rinse and repeat.

Il y a 2 heures, DAnextFAKE a dit :

If you have finished the Sacrifice, one of the rewards is a melee that can turn you invisible upon doing a finisher for 5 seconds. In this period of time, don't attack and make your way to the next target and click x to finisher them, rinse and repeat.

oh right, by the way, i don't know if arcane trickery also work, but would be a good idea too 15% to become invisible for 30sec, one more way to go 😛 

Everyone is so nice here. Then I will be the "bad" guy.

To keep it simple:

• Use silent weapons
    • Or just use Banshee
  • Use enemie radar
  • try to calculate the routes of your enemies.
  • don't let the enemies see the dead corpses of their friends. Otherwise they will become alarmed and you can retry the mission.
  • Be quick.
  • Try to stay in the air if possible.

example (no special tricks:)

Spoiler

You can hate me for this comment, but you should be lucky for this test. This test show you if you are able to use the basics or not.

Am 30.4.2020 um 11:17 schrieb 1st-1:

oh right, by the way, i don't know if arcane trickery also work, but would be a good idea too 15% to become invisible for 30sec, one more way to go 😛 

It works. ( I had to retry the test for my video, because it procced on the first time.)

Am 30.4.2020 um 05:02 schrieb BarrelDuck:

I completed it by using an Ash Specter with a Baza

That's probably the easiest solution I have ever heard for this test. 🤣😂🤣

Edited by ES-Flinter
Didn't realize that I'm a day to late.^^
  • Like 1