Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed!. Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. The update will be restarted shortly...

Mr.SHOWRUNNER

Question

3 часа назад, Monochromeatic сказал:

I've been getting myself since the latest patch and have tried everything under the sun but nothing seems to work. I am fairly positive its an error on DE's part. I messaged support about it but I'm not sure how long it will take to get fixed.

Also be careful if you try to apply "fixes" people recommend in these sort of threads as you just end up causing more damage that way.

4 часа назад, DerpBanana27 сказал:

Title. I've been having this issue since the most recent recent mainline. Most of the posts I'm currently seeing say that it's fixed, however I am still having this issue. 

What I've tried:

Verifying Integrity of game cache

Making sure Warframe.exe and the Launcher.exe run as administrator

Reinstalling C++ 2012 and up

Reinstalling the game

/Sfc scannow which did find corrupt files but has repaired them and I've restarted my computer after those were repaired

As I was making this thread I turned off bulk download and aggressive download which solved the problem but at the same time has slowed my download speed (Which it does warn you about when you are turning off those options) Are there any other known solutions?

В 04.05.2020 в 16:26, SlashingSunset сказал:

That didn't work for me. But it worked once randomly, but when I tried launching the game after a few hours the problem came back. Now it won't launch

В 04.05.2020 в 18:36, MRCAPO2 сказал:

Me alegra saber que no soy el único con el mismo error

22 часа назад, SoliaxUmbra сказал:

im dealing with the same bs, only i get a simple error message. ive tried almost everything but reinstalling which i dont have the time for. hope they fix this utter trash soon.

11 часов назад, PenPinPen сказал:

Legit the same issue i am having

8 часов назад, Shalath сказал:

@Eifiel, @SlashingSunset, @SoliaxUmbra, @darkbrick

Go into the launcher option (cog on the top right), verify and then optimise the download cache. If that doesn't work disable bulk and aggressive download. If that still doesn't work switch it to DirectX 10 (remember to change it back if that gets the update working).

Those are the various fixes that have been posted in the "failed update" thread.

Hi to all.  I solved the problem with an error. Just need to download again and install Visual C++ 2015-2019. I lost the file vcruntime140.dll and after that everything worked for me. 

There is a shortcut Warframe x64 in the folder with the game. When you open it, an error is highlighted that the vcruntime140.dll file is missing. This file is just one of the files supported by Visual C++ 2015-2019.

On 2020-05-05 at 4:30 PM, Eifiel said:

Hi to all.  I solved the problem with an error. Just need to download again and install Visual C++ 2015-2019. I lost the file vcruntime140.dll and after that everything worked for me. 

There is a shortcut Warframe x64 in the folder with the game. When you open it, an error is highlighted that the vcruntime140.dll file is missing. This file is just one of the files supported by Visual C++ 2015-2019.

do you mean reinstalling visual c++? i just did that. that did not change the update error message nor the fact that its still doing it. worth a shot, though.

On 2020-05-05 at 8:04 AM, Shalath said:

Go into the launcher option (cog on the top right), verify and then optimise the download cache. If that doesn't work disable bulk and aggressive download. If that still doesn't work switch it to DirectX 10 (remember to change it back if that gets the update working).

Those are the various fixes that have been posted in the "failed update" thread.

also, this was utterly useless and did nothing to help. ive tried, like others, everything besides reinstalling the game itself. honestly, its been days since the supposed "fix". 

Same problem here and nothing work for me. Some say's it can happen when you are IP ban, how can i check this (VPN is not a solution) ? No reason for an IP ban, but...

edit: Warframe is ok now for no reason, 10min after my message here, i did nothing new.

Edited by Johnozor

12 hours ago, SoliaxUmbra said:

also, this was utterly useless and did nothing to help. ive tried, like others, everything besides reinstalling the game itself. honestly, its been days since the supposed "fix". 

That has worked for quite a few others so it was worth a shot. There are a lot of possible reasons for this issue and yours obviously isn't the one DE caused and then patched. Most of the issues that cause it are actually your end according to the many connection-related threads I have been in. One exception is the DDOS protection system the game uses. See below.

3 hours ago, Johnozor said:

Same problem here and nothing work for me. Some say's it can happen when you are IP ban, how can i check this (VPN is not a solution) ? No reason for an IP ban, but...

edit: Warframe is ok now for no reason, 10min after my message here, i did nothing new.

That does sound like the DDOS protection blocking your IP, it covers the patch servers as well as the game servers. It is a third party system and the IP ranges they block change frequently and can sometimes block a legitimate player IP address. At least it is working for you now!

If you can't try a VPN or mobile hotspot (both change your IP address if you don't know this) to see if your IP address is blocked you can force your IP address to change which gets around it. To do this go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your current address. Now power off your modem or router for a bit and then see if that site shows a different address. Exactly how long you need to power down for depends on a few things including your ISPs address lease policy.

It is worth noting that if you play from an internet cafe, university or some other location where several people share the connecion there may be nothing you can do. I've seen a couple of posts where somebody has gotten legitimately IP banned and that has affected everybody on that IP address. DE will not unban the IP address in these cases unfortunately.

On 2020-05-06 at 4:30 AM, Eifiel said:

So yea, I did a full Repair of all my Microsoft Visual C++s, and it seems to be working now. Go to Settings>Apps and scroll down till you see Microsoft Visual C++ and click on each individually, and if the Modify option is available, do it for each one possible and click Repair. Restart your PC after and see if it works.

Edited by SlashingSunset

On 2020-05-07 at 8:05 AM, Shalath said:

That has worked for quite a few others so it was worth a shot. There are a lot of possible reasons for this issue and yours obviously isn't the one DE caused and then patched. Most of the issues that cause it are actually your end according to the many connection-related threads I have been in. One exception is the DDOS protection system the game uses. See below.

i went back and re-tried to do all of the methods after i reinstalled visual c++. this time turning off bulk download worked, but im not sure why it wouldn't have worked before. 

I had the same issue.

What I did was open the launcher directly instead of opening the steam created shortcut. 

It has worked like a charm. Once that error message was shown but the retry actually worked, instead of the loop it would be stuck in before.

Note to people trying this you won't get Steam achievements. Like even if you launch Steam later it does not detect warframe is running. 

This is still happening. Gets to about 30% and bails, then just tries to re download everything again. Tried all the suggestions. Been at it for the past hour. How is this not fixed yet?