Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe passives(Valkyr, particularly)

Gregaff

I have occasionally had a bit of a personal issue with getting used to the movement-related passives of warframe abilities. Things like sliding way past a console in my orbiter as Nezha, or jumping, and waiting for Zephyr to gracefully float back down to the ground. I do like seeing the particular non-combat warframe passives working in my orbiter and in relays, however I continually fall from heights with Valkyr(rushing to visit Baro in relays, mostly) and taking Hard landings. It's a minor issue, but one that does poke fun at me frequently. 

Nezha have an augment that disables his passive and gives 15% power strength. Might help you.

What you discribed with Valkyr is weird, her passive makes her immune to hard landings... If anything, your transitions from landing to walking should be smooth and easy. Unless I didn't understand correctly and you take Valkyr because you like the immunity.

Most of those increased movement passives is something we expected to deal with and get used to. Most of them feel great like Mirage, Titania and Valkyr, but some of them might no be pleasent at first like Nezha and Zephyr. There might be an augment for Zephyr that disables her passive and give something else in return, I see no reason not to have one.

5 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

Nezha have an augment that disables his passive and gives 15% power strength. Might help you.

What you discribed with Valkyr is weird, her passive makes her immune to hard landings... If anything, your transitions from landing to walking should be smooth and easy. Unless I didn't understand correctly and you take Valkyr because you like the immunity.

Most of those increased movement passives is something we expected to deal with and get used to. Most of them feel great like Mirage, Titania and Valkyr, but some of them might no be pleasent at first like Nezha and Zephyr. There might be an augment for Zephyr that disables her passive and give something else in return, I see no reason not to have one.

There is, Anchored Glide.

I have been looking for this comment before I posted one myself.

Loki's passive allows him to cling onto walls for a full minute. I don't use Loki and don't even use wall latching unless I'm doing rivens, which makes this the equivalent of getting a video game I didn't want for a system I don't even have.

Equinox's passive gives 5 energy on a health orb pickup, and vice versa. The passive works, it's just too low to do anything useful or even noticeable.

Frost's passive is a small chance to temporarily freeze somebody upon being struck with a melee attack. If you're on a high level, a melee attack will severely damage/kill you. If you're on a low level, freezing a butcher does not matter.

Revenant's first passive provides him with immunity to the magnetic waters of PoE at night. A passive so situational that I would rather have no passive.

And Inaros & Nidus, two of the most tankiest frames, get Passives that turn them into unkillable gods T_T

Edited by (XB1)HollowCube987
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-06 at 10:05 AM, (XB1)HollowCube987 said:

Loki's passive allows him to cling onto walls for a full minute. I don't use Loki and don't even use wall latching unless I'm doing rivens, which makes this the equivalent of getting a video game I didn't want for a system I don't even have

Loki's passive is fine imo. I like it a lot because I personally find it very useful for spy missions. Also fits as he's a stealth frame. Some mods/arcanes that use wall latch benefit.