Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Settle A Debate (Orthos Prime)

Bebeness

My bf and I have differing opinions on how to use Orthos Prime. He says it's a better fury weapon, and when I used it, I felt it was more useful as a charge weapon. With all respective mods -- which has better dps? I know it has the highest regular damage in the game, but with all the charge mods + fury on, the charge feels short and it packs a wallop. (I can't believe I just wrote that, haha.)

If my bf is right then I will respectfully tell him that he is correct, I just have a different experience and can't accept that that is how it is. XD

Charge spamming gives much higher dps on a single target and consistently hits more targets.

It has the additional benefit of a completely consistent hitbox shape and range, whereas regular swings don't.

Charged ignores armour, regular doesn't. (kind of a deal-sealer this one)

Personally I still have fury fitted on my orthos prime. I feel it's worth the mod slot for the sake of movement utility and faster slide attacks in combat. Plus, regular swings are still useful for light enemies without necessarily building in a way that makes your charged atks weak..

If I do fit pressure point it's more to beef up the slide attack than regular melee.

hope these ramblings are of some help :3

Edited by FlanShark

My bf and I have differing opinions on how to use Orthos Prime. He says it's a better fury weapon, and when I used it, I felt it was more useful as a charge weapon. With all respective mods -- which has better dps? I know it has the highest regular damage in the game, but with all the charge mods + fury on, the charge feels short and it packs a wallop. (I can't believe I just wrote that, haha.)

If my bf is right then I will respectfully tell him that he is correct, I just have a different experience and can't accept that that is how it is. XD

Numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdHZJRTBvRTBrNGNrb3dNbEZsc0tZVHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

It is very much a charge weapon.  Not only is the DPS far higher when used as a charge weapon, charged attacks ignore armor.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz