Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Do You Enjoy It?or Regret Now?

Chaosdreamer

- matchmaking should be better... if two groups get together who want to stay 5 minutes and 30 minutes, there is a problem. If this happens often, there is frustration

Whilst I agree with the idea, I can't figure a way round it in the current matchmaking system. I guess the only solution would be to have a pop where you tick your preferred survival length?

Old survival: good game, one where you survive till you'r out of oxygen. but nid improve on exiting the session.

Current: totally not a survival mode, more like a search and destroy mode where Mobs are scattered(spawn) everywhere within XX meters away from you. a total headache when your teammates are everywhere and there's isnt enough mob to kill.

This^^^ 1000 times over. For me personally, this is not only a huge problem in reference to what you said, but for another reason as well.

Why DA EFF did they alter the ending platform of when the mode finishes?? Yes, just having one person waiting at extraction, causing the missions to end can sometimes be annoying. But I simply cannot believe the alternative to this they chose. As from the build notes:

I mean, really???

I can't count how many times some random noob decides to hide on the other side of the map while the rest of the team is waiting at extraction getting napalmed to death. Therefore, everyone loses! Yay! Goodbye mods! Goodbye rewards! 

DE - When half the team is at extraction, start the timer. End of story. Please, before I lose the rest of my hair in anguish.

Sorry to disagree, but do you know how many times noobs would extract you at 5 when doing survival missions in the void on keys that weren't theirs? This was a good change.

Survival was way too easy before.  On a defense map, wait for things and spots to pop in.  Defense can be boring enough on it's own at times, having a timer on it did nothing for me.

Survival now, does enjoys it.  Really enjoys how it shows the rewards every 5 minutes.  Like how you can get void keys more easily (though guess I need to do harder survivals if I want higher level keys.  I enjoy doing a survival for any sort of resource collection than any other game type (except for mutagen samples since those rooms are a bit crazy to figure out at times).  The tier 3 money rewards should be two or three times higher than the tier one rewards. 

Rewards should still occur on alert survivals, or these can be like the event survival, but simply end at 10-15 minutes automatically, because if there is no point in staying longer, why bother to stay longer?  I didn't realize this until I did one of those the first time.

If people are leaching and just hiding in a corner doing nothing to get the rewards, something has to be done for that, but once it's fixed, I'm sure they'll find another way to be annoying : (

Other comments:

I was not sad to see Raid go in retrospect.  Raid was pretty much identical to Capture.  If anything, rotating the rooms between capture an object and capture a person would likely result in no change in mission structure.

Also, when you use a revive, whatever other 5min rewards you earned prior to that doesn't count unless you are host.

Please, please fix.

If this is true, this needs to be fixed immediately!!!

Sorry to disagree, but do you know how many times noobs would extract you at 5 when doing survival missions in the void on keys that weren't theirs? This was a good change.

But requiring all 4 is ridiculous. Make it half the squad like all the other missions.

That and if they were in a void mission, they were invited. More fool the host.

That is really cheap to get in, and the corrupted mods are nice, so no, its better guise.

How? First they removed a gametype a lot of people wanted to keep in over rescue/spy/deception and then later they returned it only this time it costs players resources. It is not better. Also most of the corrupted mods aren't worth it. They cost too much to equip and require a lot of time, fusion cores and credits to get to a level where they're of some use.

I like survival, but I don't like spawnvival. A point to point fight for your life is interesting, but tying it to oxygen drops makes it rather less entertaining. I understand that double trinity can extend your life somewhat indefinitely, but when you fight level 400-1000 enemies does it really matter? Survival is mostly about endurance, adding the point to point pods is an added interest.

However the oxygen drops make it so that many players who would otherwise be incredibly interested in this mode avoid it. The remaining userbase that I've met with seem to feel that a nekros is mandatory. I like this mode, prefer it much to defense in fact. However, I rather dislike the fact that how long you stay is tied to something difficult to control, even for many experienced players.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by knoth