Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Do You Enjoy It?or Regret Now?

Chaosdreamer

pointless chinese farmfest!

Actually the Chinese have been calling this WarFarm now... you'd think that's a clear sign there is too much farming...

Survival still needs more enemies. I feel the lull between 'spawns' and it's weird having to hunt mobs down in hopes they drop O2...

Yeah, ontop of my earlier post, I just solo'd a T2 Survival till 30m. Got 2k creds / 2k creds / mag prime helm / 2k creds / 3k creds / 3k creds. The mag helmet was nice, but seriously? These credit amounts are ridiculous, should be atleast 8k or more. I could be farming alerts for more credits than this.

Actually the Chinese have been calling this WarFarm now... you'd think that's a clear sign there is too much farming...

Survival still needs more enemies. I feel the lull between 'spawns' and it's weird having to hunt mobs down in hopes they drop O2...

Because the problem is not the spawn rate but the area size.

100 enemies in 20x20 area means more in your face action but 100 enemies in 50x50 area means you have to look for them. 

Sometimes even on different floors. 

That is why i was appalled at the change of using normal maps instead of defense maps.

Then you get even more issues with team scatter at various locations or people wandering off to be defense heroes on a different floor level from the team. At least with event survival, I could still make it and rescue some guys on the wayward side and warn them to stay close.

Now no I won't make it in time if you are on another floor.

Edited by fatpig84

I can't believe Survival is DE's best and only shot at improving gameplay since the game launched. Especially considering survival is a simple rehash of existing gameplay.  Who would have guessed that DE got all the core game mechanics right on the first try?

Edited by alocrius

That is why i was appalled at the change of using normal maps instead of defense maps.

Then you get even more issues with team scatter at various locations or people wandering off to be defense heroes on a different floor level from the team. At least with event survival, I could still make it and rescue some guys on the wayward side and warn them to stay close.

Now no I won't make it in time if you are on another floor.

This^^^ 1000 times over. For me personally, this is not only a huge problem in reference to what you said, but for another reason as well.

Why DA EFF did they alter the ending platform of when the mode finishes?? Yes, just having one person waiting at extraction, causing the missions to end can sometimes be annoying. But I simply cannot believe the alternative to this they chose. As from the build notes:

Survival Mission Improvements:

• Extraction no longer triggers if only one player enters the extraction area.
    • If the life support bar is still depleting, *all* players must be at extraction to complete the mission.
    • The regular 60 second extraction timer starts if half the team is at extraction *after* the life support bar reaches zero.

I mean, really???

I can't count how many times some random noob decides to hide on the other side of the map while the rest of the team is waiting at extraction getting napalmed to death. Therefore, everyone loses! Yay! Goodbye mods! Goodbye rewards! 

DE - When half the team is at extraction, start the timer. End of story. Please, before I lose the rest of my hair in anguish.

If they had it easier to manage by fixing the drops on the enemies so that it isn't 1 oxygen pack every 30-40 kills and removed the Credit Caches, I think anyone would be willing do to it more. Right now it's just see how long you can last by the exit before the oxygen expires since the tanks the Lotus provides are the only source of good use and they're really far apart. Makes it darn near impossible to reach 40 minutes compared to the event.

This.

The Basic idea is fun and pretty intense play.

I don't mind the credit cache reward but they need to be less frequent and more meaningful amount. If you're poor you get 2,000 credits and are still poor; if you're rich you get 2,000 credits and feel frustrated.  If the amount was larger and less frequent then at least poorer players would be more appreciative and richer players wouldn't think their rewards are being wasted.

I like it, a few things need to be fixed to make it a fun event:

- if it is a survival alert, it should still give out rewards

- make sure that maps are compatible with survival and mobs will actually find the player

- carefully balance drops of oxygen packs

- rewards should be adequate... a credit pack in minute 5 is bearable, it is not in minute 20

- rewards should  become better and better the longer you stay

- matchmaking should be better... if two groups get together who want to stay 5 minutes and 30 minutes, there is a problem. If this happens often, there is frustration.

Other than that, I love survival.

and because no one plays Raid, you 'cut' it out from content?

how about when they see that no one actually uses Banshee? will that have to be 'cut' too?

Paraphrased: they couldn't figure out how to add in more game modes at the time.

and this is competent how