Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Do You Enjoy It?or Regret Now?

Chaosdreamer

I like the current survival mode. But mainly due to the fact that it is the most effective grind mode atm.

Non-stop NPC spawn, increasing drops over time, stacking rewards and a decent amount of crates and containers scattered around the map.

Defense in comparision has a less frequent spawn rate, non increasing drops, no stacking rewards and limited and repeating environment(s).

The only advantage Endless Defense has right now is easy team coordination (but even there we have door heroes that mess up spawns, scatter drops and keep the xp for themselfes).

Generally, the problem I have right now with the game is the fact that it has almost nothing more to offer than slaining enemies in an endless stream.

The new vaults are great, speed run challenges in OD and regular void are a welcome change then and now but what then?

Ok, the dojo is nice to hang around (quite limited in its posibilities though), PvP is nothing for me in this game but what I am saying is that all we do is grind in this game. Which ich generally ok, if we had more valid grinding opportunities apart from killing enemies. You know what I mean?

The news "15 minutes for prime" on void is cool (realy, I love th idea)....

EXEPT THAT THERE IS JUSTE NOT ANOUGHT LIFE SUPPORT LOOT.

Without a nekros is just pur luck to have anought LS to reech the 15 minutes, I hate it.

DE fix it ASAP and give back a decent drop for the life support.

I like it better now

easily my favorite mode to play just wish it had its own open levels

wlcdpw.jpg

more tiles like this along with better air drops, more enemy types and I'd have zero gripes with it

its still my favorite thing to do on warframe atm

They should really rename it as "Pray to the RNG Gods that LS would drop from enemies so that this mode would last longer" mode. Seriously I would rather have a set number of LS drops every 10-15kill rather than rely entirely on F-ing RNG. This being called survival is a joke.

survival is the BEST game mode right now

it just keeps getting more and more intense, instead of the normal run through faceroll kids playing this game do

all of you complaining about drops need to go get an agricultural degree and start a farm, gaming's not for you

The only issue I am having with survival at the moment is the rewards. There is no reason I should last for 45 minutes and get a 3000 credit cache. Rewards already scale by tier, as you go past third tier it should start filtering out the "worse" items. We got a fcking Antitoxin mod at 40 minutes, and 3k credits at 45. Seriously? Thanks, just what I wanted.

They should really rename it as "Pray to the RNG Gods that LS would drop from enemies so that this mode would last longer" mode. Seriously I would rather have a set number of LS drops every 10-15kill rather than rely entirely on F-ing RNG. This being called survival is a joke.

Actually, there is no confirmation whatsoever on how Lifesupport packs drop from enemies. We can only guess its 100% rng dependant (I sure hope its not. Would be a really lazy way to implement this important feature :/)

Ho and another thing, please do something to quiet Lotus .... She just keep yelling all the time about that damn "low life support" event when it's not that low, and that's since the patch.

@wulfnutzz : Dont talk about what you dont undestand, the survival is easy peasy actualy, the problem came from the life support who juste dont drop, no matter how much you cruch ALL the enemy on screen, that's just not fun at all and not even a matter of skills.

Edited by Hell-Nico

survival with current key reward system is for me biggest harassment in game. this is one of the reasons why i and most people from my clan don't waste their time in this pointless chinese farmfest!

game had more then enough very big problems. and there is no need to add more ...!

So this is the some data i gathered by reading you guys :

-You dont like it being to much big map (because spawn sucks)

-You dont like the credit reward (i understand why...)

-No way to make to 15 min

-Have its own maps / little so spawn improved?

-The 15 minute rules you like and hate it because it somehow force you to stay more

-RNG for oxygen you hate it

-Reward to be improved depending on delay you stay in (of course when you get cash on 30 - 45 min its doesnt make happy i guess...)

Didn't miss anything i guess...

I guess I'm the only one who like survival? Its a fun gamemode and I don't need to stay in one area like defense which is pretty cool. Also the rewards stack. I just feel personally everyone want's the event survival due to its ridiculous drop rates and easiness IMO. But I rather have the new one since my computer wont die from sheer number of mobs and rewards :)

Actually, there is no confirmation whatsoever on how Lifesupport packs drop from enemies. We can only guess its 100% rng dependant (I sure hope its not. Would be a really lazy way to implement this important feature :/)

I'm certain it is. Using Desecrate as Nekros re-rolls drop tables for recently slain enemies, which sometimes results in more oxygen.

I'm a fan of the current survival, but it really needs higher oxygen drops. Sometimes enemies just don't want to spawn, and/or oxygen just doesn't want to drop, which makes it a crapshoot if you want to fight longer than ten minutes even if you're technically doing a good job surviving. Hell, since rewards now stack, I'd gladly go much longer than fifteen minutes if it were able to be reasonably done.

I'm certain it is. Using Desecrate as Nekros re-rolls drop tables for recently slain enemies, which sometimes results in more oxygen.

I'm a fan of the current survival, but it really needs higher oxygen drops. Sometimes enemies just don't want to spawn, and/or oxygen just doesn't want to drop, which makes it a crapshoot if you want to fight longer than ten minutes even if you're technically doing a good job surviving. Hell, since rewards now stack, I'd gladly go much longer than fifteen minutes if it were able to be reasonably done.

I do see the issue and I agree.

The AI tends to stop responding in corpus maps especially. There are small entrances in between areas that big enemies can't go through for example. It really depends on the randomly generated map in what frequency enemies spawn.

But when enemies spawn frequently there is usually no problem with the oxygen packs they drop. It seems to me that the drops do depend on more than just RNG calculations.

Nekors Dececrate lets enemies drop completely different loot (Health Orbs for example). Here I do believe it depends on an independent system. Even if it simply re-rolls the drops and adds a health orb. Thats not stating anything about how randomly or how frequently oxygen packs actually drop.

I have 1 problem with survial at the moment - I have to keep playing Nekros; The oxygen drops suck without one, and unless you're doing high difficutly (IE more mobs) it's close to impossible to keep the oxygen up.

I would have prefered survival to be a bit more interesting/mobile though. Also it makes no sense half the time, how do you switch off a planets life support?

I would prefer it if there were multiple types, for example;

Planetary - Enemies keep attacking you, but enemy "mobile scanners" appear trying to locate the other operative (the one you're trying to distract from), you need to keep mobile and destroy them in order to conceal the lone Tenno raider.

Ship - There are 4-5 life support "nodes" around the map, enemies will keep running to them and shutting them off and you have to keep moving between them and reactivating them. So you'd have to fight your way to the node, then clear out the room, then reactivate the node. Oxygen ticks down as long as the nodes are down, and up the more you have activated.

Void - No idea.

It's my second least favorite game mode aside from maps with bosses. Bosses turn the game into a marathon simulator since it's just rushing. The bosses themselves aren't even good bosses, IMO the only one so far that even deserved to be a boss was the four legged robot. I can't remember the name of that thing right now. Vor and such just felt like regular mobs with a ton of HP.

Indeed, i find that just very frustrating. Whole team is doing well, we are making sure not to hit the LS capsules  so none of it is wasted (going over 100%) but yet come around the 25min mark we just cant keep up with the drain. I don't think i've ever made it past 35 mins because of that.

We made it to 30+ as an ash-rhino team, with the rhino meleetanking the infested and the ash with an ignis just running for the capsules. When the rhino goes down, the ash revives him and just tries to stay alive. Still we mostly only got credits and the time was absolutely wasted.

Edited by Waswat

Well, I have no idea what is wrong with most of the player base. Yes this is a grind game. But it was like this from the start I think. Yes - raid was just rushed most of the time for profit and they decided to change it. What mission types are played at most - Defense and mobile defense... They just gave us a different play style and perspective in a longer or call it endless run. Here you are the target but at the same time you have to take care of your oxygen so the mode is not just - stay at a choke point and defend. You have to move around to survive. Also many complained about the credits rewards from Void missions. They reduced the profit but gave us occasional credit rewards from survival ( I am not gonna discuss if they should be increased or not here ). Also to all that are saying survival is bugged and can't reach further than 20-30 minutes - check the weekly survival scores. Every week people are reaching an hour and further there. Now when the rewards stack and are displayed properly this is even better. I personally played few times survivals to 250 level corpus enemies ( we did this one specifically for the resources it drops ). This is an hour of survival run on the toughest planets starting around level 40-50 from the start. It's tough but not impossible. Stop whining if something is not brought to you on a silver platter. If I gather a good team and we do Mercury survival or something like that.... I guess bigger numbers could be reached. DE are making changes to other mission types as well from what I know. Give them time and see which one will fits you better. 

Please count this post as a positive feedback on the survival mission types. Just to show you that your opinions are just yours and doesn't represent 100 % of the player base.