Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Do You Enjoy It?or Regret Now?

Chaosdreamer

As everybody i was expecting alot from "survival" this names was awsome ...

But once we really get it , was it for you still awesome?Or you regret what we used to call "Raid"?

I find survival even more boring after i had to farm Mag prime ,i dont understand the point of it 

We tenno have to plays so another invisible team get to search in tower/area (notice we can't see them and even we get out)

So do you enjoy it?Hate it? Liked raid more?

When its was first release , it was really amazing as form of event , since you couldnt get much inside , and its was "news"

maybe this kind of mission would be more interessing only for alert?

Edited by Chaosdreamer

The event survival was more fun. This is stupid, especially since they added credit caches to dilute the drop table. I hope you like getting 2000 credits from tier 3 survival!

^This. Can't agree more. Credit cache after 20mins is really disappointing.

If they had it easier to manage by fixing the drops on the enemies so that it isn't 1 oxygen pack every 30-40 kills and removed the Credit Caches, I think anyone would be willing do to it more. Right now it's just see how long you can last by the exit before the oxygen expires since the tanks the Lotus provides are the only source of good use and they're really far apart. Makes it darn near impossible to reach 40 minutes compared to the event.

the event survival should of replaced defense and defense should be revamped being more like the void defense where you have to use things to help you defend but it should be expanded upon. not saying raid should of stayed but right now survival does not make sense who would cut air off to the whole ship?

The event survival was more fun. This is stupid, especially since they added credit caches to dilute the drop table. I hope you like getting 2000 credits from tier 3 survival!

That moment where RNG in screwed up mode is better then RNG doing its job...

only if it is grineer survival... simply because of galleon and how spawns work there.

infested is meh. because of corpus ships.

corpus is so broken. so to speak fix for corpus MD is very badly made as well.

Edited by Althix

If they had it easier to manage by fixing the drops on the enemies so that it isn't 1 oxygen pack every 30-40 kills and removed the Credit Caches, I think anyone would be willing do to it more. Right now it's just see how long you can last by the exit before the oxygen expires since the tanks the Lotus provides are the only source of good use and they're really far apart. Makes it darn near impossible to reach 40 minutes compared to the event.

Indeed, i find that just very frustrating. Whole team is doing well, we are making sure not to hit the LS capsules  so none of it is wasted (going over 100%) but yet come around the 25min mark we just cant keep up with the drain. I don't think i've ever made it past 35 mins because of that.

It starts to feel less of a true survival and more of a "get to the checkpoint before time runs out" style of mode you get in say racing games. But even then there feels to be that brick wall that just wont let you get over. I find it fun sometimes, a good way to rank up weapons an frames but its just a bit off. You can look at defense, after a certain point it just gets hard to fight the waves. You start running out of ammo, energy and health once things hit the fan. Feels more survival like than survival does at times.

I hate that it replaced raid mission but i do kinda like it being in game. Id prefer if they just meshed the 2 mission together.

Get a door thats like the one in the obstacle course so that that only 1 person can enter, then let the other 3 people go and do survival like it always is. That other person can raid the goods. The faster he is able to do it the faster the rewards come but also the hard the mobs get for everyone including the raider, yes the raider should still have to contend with mobs just fewer of them. Have the majority of spawns go after the distraction crew, unless they die of course. Maybe have some parkour stuff needed for the raider to do to get to the loot. After every reward have a big push of (insert faction here) go after the distraction team. To prevent trolling have it so no matter what after 5,10,15...so on and so on mins rewards for those tiers are given out but only to the distraction guys. have 2 sets of extraction cords for the raider and distraction team and let them be able to leave after acquiring the first reward tier. Could also add an element of stealth to it. The sneakier the raider is at acquiring the rewards the less hard it is for the distraction team since the faction your surviving against doesn't know an artifact has been stolen

Would be pretty enjoyable being that guy for the team that needs to get the rewards as fast as everyone can handle. For the survival guys should be pretty fun to once you get those big groups coming after you because an artifact was stolen. I dunno just something that was floating around my head for a mission type for a while now. Probably to complicated to work out in game anyways.

Edited by Brontolith

I think the rewards certainly need some tweaking as the difficulty in survival escalates rather quickly. I also think the mods itself needs some tweaking in that enemy oxygen drops seem to be very rare with oxygen caches provided by the Lotus bearing the brunt of oxygen replenishment. I think a better balance can be found.

Beyond those two points, I very much enjoy survival missions, especially in a PUG. It adds a level of uncertainty in that you don't know if you're going to have to leave after 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or 25 minutes. It also requires the player to adapt their strategy at certain points in the mission ... what works for the first 5 minutes isn't going to work after say 20 minutes. The enemies are harder and require alternate methods of dispatching them.

the only thing i could add here is that i'd prefer to have life support listed as "time remaining" instead of a percentage. this would alleviate the 100% limit. -- it's already hard enough to keep the o2 up with low drop rates, etc. get rid of the cap. 

if 3 minutes is the max o2 available currently? (not sure, haven't actually checked) but instead of having to defend the o2 canister until you're down to 70% and pray that the mobs drop enough to keep everybody going until the next one arrives (and you can get to it (see: door bugs)) -- allow the maximum to increase.

good group? paying attention? hey! we've got 9 minutes of o2 banked. got a great run of drops, everybody working together well and moving from canister to canister, wow, 18 minutes!

this just seems to make more sense to me. 

The new survival mission is okay, imo, except for the oxygen box drop and the credit caches rewards.i like the credit caches idea actually, because i always run out of credits. but things that i dislike is, the amount of credit awarded is rather low. it should be increased especially after 20mins.

I am a big fan of Survival, certainly I prefer it over Defense as a continuous game mode.

Defense feels really artificial, and maybe that changes in a group with good communication, but most of the times everyone fights their own battles separately and you can easily fail simply because someone went for the wrong mob. 

In Survival there is the expectation that you will club together (you tend to die if you dont) and that means that its more tolerant of differing power levels. The mechanic of oxygen could probably use some work, but overall the missions are fun. Things get radically more frantic than in Defense missions, with huge numbers of very high level waves storming towards you.

There's something awesome about the experience of losing track of what the hell is happening but just murdering everything you can touch and trusting your team has your back. That's what makes Survival better than Defense. In defense the bad guys want to come through you. If you don't stop them they will barely notice you're there. In Survival they want to kill you. And they come in huge numbers. You have to fight against the odds and against time and frequently without the time to check what's happening behind you. It's visceral and fun and god knows there isn't a huge amount of actual fun in this game. Survival feels like your really fighting and it really means something. It doesn't matter how many times you do it, the game slowly ratchets up the difficulty and the tension and everyone is trying to see how long they can last.

But yes, they abso-@(*()$-lutely need to remove credit caches from the rewards. That's @(*()$ stupid.

i think that it is great as a game mode, but the recent reward F*** up is realy a deal breaker. for example, as a 10m reward i just got a uncommon 0 core, yeah a 0 core, that means it has no bars. not to mention that i got a reflex coil for 30m and thats on freaking eris survivals. it just isn't right if you ask me, otherwise it is a preaty good mode for farming stuff

I like how survival is setup as of now. The event one is just boring after awhile, it was pretty much endless defense without the intermission and the wave specific rewards. That would have made for a better defense mode, the breaks after each wave just kills it.

But the rewards do needs to change. Need to put in better stuff for the higher differcultity missions.

Side note, I just got serration as the 20 min reward in that mercury survival mission.

Edited by birdei

i think that it is great as a game mode, but the recent reward F*** up is realy a deal breaker. for example, as a 10m reward i just got a uncommon 0 core, yeah a 0 core, that means it has no bars. not to mention that i got a reflex coil for 30m and thats on freaking eris survivals. it just isn't right if you ask me, otherwise it is a preaty good mode for farming stuff

Well me and clanmates tried to do Nuovo, Grineer survival on Ceres. We made it to 12 minutes, because enemies didn't drop O2 and the capsules take too long to spawn. And I think they increased the O2 loss too. And the rewards we got? power throw and a credit cache worth 2000 credits.

Edited by General_Krull