Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't I choose to host a public mission?

Just like the title says, why can't I choose to host a public mission. I either have to play public, and just hope I get host (or that, by some miracle, the host isn't using a lemon as their router), or play solo/with friends. Normally playing with friends is a viable option, but sometimes I want to play when they aren't on, or I don't want to force them to do some boring mission I need to run. Getting host migrated, which often just results in the game breaking, also doesn't help if the host leaves. I could rant about this for an hours, but there's no point to that. It's already something they did for Scarlett Spear with the railjack missions, just let me always do it. PLEASE DE.

• Like 2

I think it'd be great if the devs would allow us to declare the number of rounds we want to stay for before we queue into matchmaking. That way, it could try to match us with players looking to do similar runs, or at the very least, make the player who intends to stay the longest the host.

They could also just... fix all the things that break when the host migrates, but that's probably a can of worms they don't want to open right now.

• Like 1

Honestly, just letting people queue as host would allow DE to just bypass the host migration system (which is in itself a product of sloppy netcode). As Whitemage says, the precedent is there, not just in the event, but in railjack missions in general. While I agree with Ikusi that letting people queue for similar types of run, or similar run lengths, it still leaves the possibility that the person hosting is running on a potato.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

They could also just... fix all the things that break when the host migrates, but that's probably a can of worms they don't want to open right now.

or they dont know how, since its a LONG OVERDUE request from the community..
===
my opinion is,
DE cater to the extreme possiblities and/or minority, e.g, the possibility everyone will be host or people with potato routers will be hosting.
some people have even complained about being set as host when they dont want to be, because they know their connection is bad. yet nothing has been done about that either.

they prefer their automated system to define the host, they trust that more than the community.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WhiteMageEmperor said:

also doesn't help if the host leaves

Unless they fixed this, it can result in the mission continuing while you get kicked up to orbit and dropped back down, potentially turning success into failure and kill some things. For example, defense targets (including excavators) and specters.

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk
  • Like 1