The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Heavy / Support Weapons

SilverBones

Greetings, Heavy Arms Lovers!

I have been looking over some of the art and replaying the original Dark Sector. If there is one thing I would bear some developers first-born for, it would be the inclusion of two-handed support weapons. Think of the huge cannon / rocket launcher you could grab from the armored guys in Dark Sector, or the miniguns you could rip from posts in a certain popular Sci-Fi shooter series.

Having some heavy hitting support weapons would be fantastic for those heavy frames to lug around, raining down fire as the swift guys go mop up the debris. There is also a lack of explosive and splash damage weapons which could really add something to the play style, and allow for supportive tactics for players who have spent a lot of their points in powers and energy over health and armor.

Dark_Sector_Mini-gun_screenshot.jpg

Remember that feeling?

Yeah. I know you want it too.

Edited by SilverBones

Needs to be added and i hope they add this.

ESPECIALLY! making it a BP drop from the boss that uses it in a very high lvl system. 60+ lvl when solo to make it challenging, awesome weaponry later in game will get people playing and staying around for longer.

Edited by SixShot

I would absolutely love a rocket launcher. I was just thinking about it, and I thought, "What if we had a giant weapon that took some time to charge up and then released a laser that would explode into aoe damage?"

Which then gets me thinking on weapons affecting warframe abilities...

Ok, I love heavy weapons, so I'll chuck in my two cents:

I'd love a grenade launcher like the one from Far Cry 3 (NOT GRINEER BOMBARDIER, THAT ONE SUCKS FOR CROWD CONTROL) - 4 or 5 ammo in clip, about 30 ammo in reserve, large blast radius, high damage, but does not pierce armor, loooooooong reload time (think 1.5x Strun). Ammo would have to be very rare drops, or expensive packs.

Heavy machine gun? Gorgon's there, but although it is a machinegun, it's more of a light one than anything. I mean heavy as in high-caliber, high clip ammo, but requires a special type of ammo - large caliber rounds, the like maybe dropped by heavy units only. Meant to be for crowd control or covering fire, should not be able to be used exclusively.

I like these, because it forces people to forego primary weapon spam in favour of actually aiming with their pistols in order to deal maximum damage, or great for crowd control.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love some kind of heavy weapon to go with my Rhino. Gorgon just doesn't cut it. I'd like some kind of railgun, grenade launcher or minigun (maybe plasma/laser minigun). But since I get the feeling Gorgon is supposed to be this game's minigun, I don't think they'd make another one. Also, shoulder mounted rocket launcher. You'd equip it in the rifle slot and activate it by pressing F while you use your pistol. Like, Lex headshot -> barrage of missiles -> finish with giant axe on elites :D.. one can dream...

Edited by LocoWithGun