Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 controller still broken after hotfix

(PSN)shellhopper

Today's hotfix did not fix the PS4 controller issue. 

I use a number of controller mods to get past physical limitations, specifically, I have a slight tremor that makes selecting stuff from the ring a crap shoot at best. I also swap X and O at the PS4 level, then swap functions like jump and melee. 

So I set bindings for the swipes to select stuff from the gear ring. 

Before I do a test, I reset everything, then I do all my settings. 

Yesterday, swipes invoked some random power, I have never used the order you use, I go around from the top. I could not remember your order. I have no idea what power was invoked or if it was the default one. 

Anyway, I had great hopes for the hotfix but it only fixed part of the problem. I can use my own bindings for L1+right button, but my swipes stop working after a mission or two. 

To be clear, I reset all, I set the buttons the way I want them, I test them, they work. I do not mess with settings at all, they fail when I try to use them after a mission or two. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Another person in my clan who sets only one of the left rocker buttons to use the quick progress screen says he has similar issues. The button clears after a couple of missions. 

I know consoles are the stepchildren who get the closet under the stairs so that you can collect their survivors insurance, while your blood children get a regular bedroom with a window, but this issue makes this game less than playable for me. I can't play with other people because the fact that random things happen instead of expected stuff is embarrassing. 

On 2020-05-14 at 6:54 PM, (PS4)shellhopper said:

I use a number of controller mods to get past physical limitations, specifically, I have a slight tremor that makes selecting stuff from the ring a crap shoot at best. I also swap X and O at the PS4 level, then swap functions like jump and melee. 

Yesterday, swipes invoked some random power, I have never used the order you use, I go around from the top. I could not remember your order. I have no idea what power was invoked or if it was the default one. 

Anyway, I had great hopes for the hotfix but it only fixed part of the problem. I can use my own bindings for L1+right button, but my swipes stop working after a mission or two. 

To be clear, I reset all, I set the buttons the way I want them, I test them, they work. I do not mess with settings at all, they fail when I try to use them after a mission or two. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Another person in my clan who sets only one of the left rocker buttons to use the quick progress screen says he has similar issues. The button clears after a couple of missions. 

I know consoles are the stepchildren who get the closet under the stairs so that you can collect their survivors insurance, while your blood children get a regular bedroom with a window, but this issue makes this game less than playable for me. I can't play with other people because the fact that random things happen instead of expected stuff is embarrassing. 

We all feeling the pain... I got to reset my hotkeys every time I start the app as well.  That hot fix gave my friends and I hope only to be shot down.

I kind of wish they didn't even add the:

• Selecting “Defaults” in the ‘Customize Controller’ Options will now give you the option to choose to either default ‘All’ bindings or just those in the current tab.

In the patch note's under "Console Specific Notes" here:

It seems like it did more harm then good.

On 2020-05-14 at 9:54 PM, (PS4)shellhopper said:

I agree completely. As someone who suffers from a serious nerve disorder which requires muscle memory to function and play I usually avoid game entirely that do not allow me to remap buttons. I really think that on a basic level it should be the absolute simplest code to get right,and inability to do so is telling.  I find it hilarious how many console players I've talked to as well who have entirely avoided railjack for the simple reason that they cannot rebind r1 to fire.

Think about it for just a moment. The ship has two sweeping rotational movements that most players will naturally set to the r2 and l2 functions. Being able to aim and fire requires pressing a front or stick button at this point. Add to this that 80% of experience players already ue l1 and r1 for aim and fire (called the claw method) the natural feel would be to use r1.

In the railjack customization menu when trying to change the tac/abiity setting to a d-pad, we receive the message that the button cannot be rebound.

Why? I men really WHY?! it's first year coding. 

Now not to raise too much of a stink here, I am amazed this was not hot fixed day one. I certainly won't pay anything more toward this in real money till resolved, and while I can't advise others on the subject, I typically get paid to beta test, not the other way around.

An issue that probably ties into that I have is that I have Quick Progress View on my right d-pad and every time I start the app newly it suddenly has Quick Progress View  AND Inspect (the default) bound to it simultaniously. Inspect being the only thing working. I then have to rebind it to Inspect first, save, then rebind it to Quick Progress View to get it to work. Binding Quick Progress View first doesn't work. 

Another thing I noticed was Archwing Blink not working sometimes and L1 only doing the descent movement. Not too much info on that though since I didn't pay too much attention to it. It had similar issues after the blink changes I recall though.