Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing needs a serious rework

Regular arching missions have been mangled due to Railjack changes. I just ran Salacia to get the ALU for the Razorback and it was nausea central. 

Archwings move too slow in Railjack but too fast in standard archwing missions. The melee targeting is so aggressive I teleport around the map with each swing. And my half assed melee build one shots everything in Salacia. I personally think the best option might be the straight up scrap Archwing for Railjack. Maybe instead scale down the enemy ship health in railjack some more or bring in higher level better archwing missions.

The 200m lock on range of melee weapons is far too much for the tight corridors of regular archwing but still doesn't always cut it in Railjack. 

What is everyone else's thoughts now that archwing regualr missions are being run for the Razorback Armada?

Also I still can't tell which non-archwing mods have affects in archwing. I used to see adaption but not any more. I still see Synth Fiber tho.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Catch Lightning said:

Regular arching missions have been mangled due to Railjack changes. I just ran Salacia to get the ALU for the Razorback and it was nausea central. 

Archwings move too slow in Railjack but too fast in standard archwing missions. The melee targeting is so aggressive I teleport around the map with each swing. And my half assed melee build one shots everything in Salacia. I personally think the best option might be the straight up scrap Archwing for Railjack. Maybe instead scale down the enemy ship health in railjack some more or bring in higher level better archwing missions.

The 200m lock on range of melee weapons is far too much for the tight corridors of regular archwing but still doesn't always cut it in Railjack. 

What is everyone else's thoughts now that archwing regualr missions are being run for the Razorback Armada?

Also I still can't tell which non-archwing mods have affects in archwing. I used to see adaption but not any more. I still see Synth Fiber tho.

And is take it this rework. new moduler archwing system coming.

Il y a 4 heures, (XB1)Catch Lightning a dit :

I personally think the best option might be the straight up scrap Archwing for Railjack.

No, I heavily disagree with this. Archwing actually feels somewhat decent in Railjack (flight mechanics, not combat) but absolutely trash everywhere else. In my humble opinion, they need to make normal Archwing missions feel more like they do in Railjack, while toning down the enemies to suit Archwing-only missions (therefore making the combat fun). Flying around in wide-open space is almost what Archwing was SUPPOSED to be back when they teased it all those years ago and only now, with Railjack, does Archwing actually feel somewhat like that.

Cut the crappy corridor missions and make them huge, like the Grineer Interception Archwing mission, but even bigger. Oh and make them actually fun to play.

Edited by Els236

Oh we agree completely. I guess my wording was just unclear. My band aid solution was just to slow down and weaken archwing weapons in archwing only missions. Or maybe just normalize enemy health. It's probably just because archwing missions only go up to level 27. But railjack goes up to 90. The jumping around with swords and headbutting corridors has to stop though.

• Like 1