Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else having issues retaining a team?

(PSN)The_Loud_Silence

Question

It seems as though Every time I invite my friends or vise versa, we end up either with a completely new set of people (in public) or end up alone (invite/friends only) we've tried different hosts, with different internet connections and we end up with the same result. It's a bit frustrating trying to get anything done because we're scattered 99.8% of the time and can't retain te core group. anyone else have the same or similar issues or is it just me and need to put in a ticket? lol 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

There is some kind of bug on ps4 right now where people get kicked out of a group when you go to load into a mission.  AKA clients desyncing from hosts.   Usually you are asked to immediately reconnect with squad.   It is pretty frustrating.

I wish I knew what the relationship between matchmaking and the chat servers are.  Our chat server is complete garbage.   When im solo I can get kicked out of missions and when I get back to my ship it always says failed to connect to chat a bunch of times.   I think chat failing is what caused me to get booted from my mission.

I have also been sitting in my dojo just watching trade chat for the chance to make some plat and get dumped back to my orbiter.

But getting dropped from squads started like 1-2 weeks ago for me.  Could have been most recent patch,  could be something glitchy with glassmaker.

It just sucks to have to do a bunch of extra loading to get out of a mission and start up another.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

There is some kind of bug on ps4 right now where people get kicked out of a group when you go to load into a mission.  AKA clients desyncing from hosts.   Usually you are asked to immediately reconnect with squad.   It is pretty frustrating.

I wish I knew what the relationship between matchmaking and the chat servers are.  Our chat server is complete garbage.   When im solo I can get kicked out of missions and when I get back to my ship it always says failed to connect to chat a bunch of times.   I think chat failing is what caused me to get booted from my mission.

I have also been sitting in my dojo just watching trade chat for the chance to make some plat and get dumped back to my orbiter.

But getting dropped from squads started like 1-2 weeks ago for me.  Could have been most recent patch,  could be something glitchy with glassmaker.

It just sucks to have to do a bunch of extra loading to get out of a mission and start up another.  

damn bro, I've had similar things also, some instances when I do end up with other people and not my core group I end spawning where the mission is supposed to take us. ie. a spy mission, I spawn at the console or a rescue, right at the place to hack. then when I do the deed I get booted. It's just terrible atm. glad to know it's not just me or my friends though, appreciate the feedback dude. 

I'm unsure to what extent if any this might affect you, but you may want to do a search for "Strict NAT" and "Warframe".

From what I understand, something about the way Warframe does matchmaking is different than the way most other games do.  Many games nowadays have dedicated servers to play on; Warframe does not, instead matching players together as clients and hosts.  And something about the way it's done uses a technology that many routers and ISP's may have difficulty with.

I play Warframe enough that I got a new router that supported the ability to solve issues with NAT, but it was expensive so I know that's not an option for most people. But it may be worth looking into, as that's not the only solution you can try.

On 2020-05-21 at 6:13 PM, (PS4)Unstar said:

I'm unsure to what extent if any this might affect you, but you may want to do a search for "Strict NAT" and "Warframe".

From what I understand, something about the way Warframe does matchmaking is different than the way most other games do.  Many games nowadays have dedicated servers to play on; Warframe does not, instead matching players together as clients and hosts.  And something about the way it's done uses a technology that many routers and ISP's may have difficulty with.

I play Warframe enough that I got a new router that supported the ability to solve issues with NAT, but it was expensive so I know that's not an option for most people. But it may be worth looking into, as that's not the only solution you can try.

Just read this. thank you dude. I'm having somewhat of the same issue. and I put in a ticket. I will do some research on this though. much appreciated. 

Today there must have been cyber attacks or something.  Comcast/Xfinity was knocked completely.  Lost tv/internet.   Its come back but still glitchy.   Played warframe till 8pm central.  Had a break and when i came back around 10pm and later it says Warframe cant connect to psn.