The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

Psst, zorencoptering, it lets you parkour everywhere at any time.  I suspect this is why DE finally accepted zorencopter and added it to nearly all weapons.  I'm glad they did.  I find it fun to zoom ahnd zip around, and it's necessary if you're going to melee.  Have to close the distance somehow.  To bad it got a momentum nerf recently.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/293073-why-do-people-dislike-coptering/

Psst, zorencoptering, it lets you parkour everywhere at any time.  I suspect this is why DE finally accepted zorencopter and added it to nearly all weapons.  I'm glad they did.  I find it fun to zoom ahnd zip around, and it's necessary if you're going to melee.  Have to close the distance somehow.  To bad it got a momentum nerf recently.

No reason to improve the current movement system when we could just keep using this exploit, amirite?

"Parkour anywhere at any time."

Wall-running, wall-slinging, slide jumping, and vaulting is parkour in this game.

Even if they intended coptering to be part of the equation, they would have never let it let you jump across large chasms.

"I suspect this is why DE finally accepted zorencopter and added it to nearly all weapons."

The ability to copter isn't some pre-coded feature. Any weapon with a fast fire rate can copter. 

"I'm glad they did it."

Most of us aren't. It's a step backwards from making a better, fluent parkour system. One where your speed isn't determined by what melee you carry, but how well you can chain movements together.

"I find it fun to zoom and zip around, and it's necessary if you're to melee."

If I find a way to hide under map geometry in TF2, and have the ability to fire at enemies while I remain protected, should Valve keep that bug in just because I'm having fun?

No.

And if you think that coptering is necessary for going into melee I feel bad for you.

"Have to close the distance somehow."

What is running and how does it make me move? What is bullet parrying and why does it make me almost invulnerable? What are wall-slings and how can I chain them together to get close to my target? What are slide jumps and why do they exist?

"But hey, no reason to fix anything when we could just keep abusing this exploit, amirite?"

"Too bad it got a momentum nerf recently."

"But hey, no reason to fix anything when we could just keep abusing this exploit, amirite?"

Coptering complements the wallrun/ wall vault imo, its not one of the other they go very well together, I can chain wallruns and then launch even farther with a well placed copter and in any direction I want, now that is awesome.

Oh hey most of us arent happy with copter ? really ? I don't think so.

I vote more COPTER !!

Shut up and copter.

Coptering complements the wallrun/ wall vault imo, its not one of the other they go very well together, I can chain wallruns and then launch even farther with a well placed copter and in any direction I want, now that is awesome.

If you listen closely, you can hear Isaac Newton rolling in his grave.

I can't speak for everyone, but neither can you.

You don't get to decide if we're happy with the current copter.

I vote more COPTER !!

Shut up and copter.

This isn't a democracy m8, and if it was you would be severely out-voted.

I also hope you actually read the OP this time. That's a nasty habit that needs to go, otherwise you'll just embarrass yourself.

Damn some of you guys are thick and putting words in my mouth...

I said most people love to copter, yes I think parkour is fine but my post talked about coptering... can you read ? coptering coptering.

I know this thread has plenty of good ideas concerning parkour (the real  reason for all the upvotes) but once again all I said in this thread  was related to copter.

Most people that love coptering are not on the forums because they are enjoying the copter ingame...

Oh and that bit about isaac newton is laughable, EVERYGAME in the world will never be realistic because it is A GAME.

Completely idiotic thing to say about isaac newton, If you want to go there then why have I never seen a toilet anywhere ? (see how that sounds so stupid) yeah thats right.

I hope DE listens to you guys and completely removes copter so you can watch the game die LOL

Shut up and copter

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I vote more COPTER !!

Shut up and copter.

lol dis guy

I thought you wanted to let this and copter thread die?

yes I think parkour is fine

and i knew this, so i pointed out the disagreement.

and, if Forums do infact only see ~1% of their customerbase on them, then the Upvotes this Thread has means around 90,000 players.

SpinDashes are part of Parkour due to how they act, so that's all inclusive.

and i knew this, so i pointed out the disagreement.

and, if Forums do infact only see ~1% of their customerbase on them, then the Upvotes this Thread has means around 90,000 players.

SpinDashes are part of Parkour due to how they act, so that's all inclusive.

The upvotes are for the proposed enhancement of the parkour not the dislike of coptering like you are assuming.

Damn some of you guys are thick and putting words in my mouth...

Us thick? That's rich coming from you.

I said most people love to copter, yes I think parkour is fine but my post talked about coptering... can you read ? coptering coptering.

A lot of people also say that coptering needs to be improved upom, fleshed out, and generally made more balanced (and thus better) than the current chasm leaping exploit we have now.

You're argument doesn't fail when you say that coptering isn't fun, it fails when you say that it doesn't need to be changed.

And parkour is not fine. Parkour has yet to reach an acceptable level of quality in this game.

I know this thread has plenty of good ideas concerning parkour (the real  reason for all the upvotes) but once again all I said in this thread  was related to copter.

I'll let you take this one, taiiat.

Most people that love coptering are not on the forums because they are enjoying the copter ingame...

Making excuses for the amount of people not defending coptering isn't helping you.

Oh and that bit about isaac newton is laughable, EVERYGAME in the world will never be realistic because it is A GAME.

Games have varying levels of realism though.

Warframe is supposed to be a semi-realistic game. Anything that doesn't fit a certain level of realism doesn't look very good.

Hence coptering looks wonky.

Completely idiotic thing to say about isaac newton, If you want to go there then why have I never seen a toilet anywhere ? (see how that sounds so stupid) yeah thats right.

Your comment about this does sound stupid because it doesn't relate to anything.

Mine actually makes sense because it relates to how physics breaking coptering is.

I hope DE listens to you guys and completely removes copter so you can watch the game die LOL

If they remove copter, they would be forced into making the vanilla parkour actually fun.

Plus, none of us want the copter gone, we want it balanced. You would know this if you actually read the OP.

Shut up and copter

Edited by Lukap99

WOW I'm Speechless, see you guys on another game maybe...

FINAL WORDS ON THESE FORUMS:

SHUT UP AND COPTER.

Honestly, if people only came to this game to spin in circles, they weren't worthwhile customers. They came to this game just to copter and just coptering being "removed" is going to make them leave? Great, we didn't need them anyway and they obviously didn't read the open beta agreement. 

WOW I'm Speechless, see you guys on another game maybe...

FINAL WORDS ON THESE FORUMS:

SHUT UP AND COPTER.

Noo don't leave man, they're a bit harsh but as long as we get parkour 2.0 that makes us feel like ninja again, they can stay with coptering (not using that tool is better rewarding).

Coptering,like skiing from Tribes can stay, but the movements don't have to entirely rely on that!

I don't like how at the end of a wallrun it launches you off at like 900000 m/s SOMETIMES. It's really unpredicatable, when it should be controllable =P Maybe even bring coptering into this.

No coptering = soft dismount, coptering = fly off really fast

Edited by Vallerian

No coptering = soft dismount, coptering = fly off really fast

yno, that could look really cool. your Character could dig your Melee into the wall you're on and use it to launch off. 

Animating that to give a plausible explanation why it's happening... :D

could actually look cool rather than being a warp drive.

I feel the need to poke at the word unique but ill leave it at

Yes Parkour should be better

The massive influx of upvotes shows how much thats agreed on

EDIT

I will add that some of the things you used as examples are possible and some even easy to pull off with a max speed loki but others are simply ridiculous

Edited by Azawarau