The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

But advanced parkour is very difficult if not impossible

is not strictly ninja related.

- it's difficult if you aren't using a Modular system, but any well built software is completely Modular, allowing for things to be easily plugged in. simplifies Development down the road.

- who ever said 'Ninjas' are the only ones that understand the fundamentals of physics? anyone can move like an actual living being with some practice and training.

'Space Ninjas' is buzzwords marketing, i'm more interested in the game than the buzzwords.

- it's difficult if you aren't using a Modular system, but any well built software is completely Modular, allowing for things to be easily plugged in. simplifies Development down the road.

- who ever said 'Ninjas' are the only ones that understand the fundamentals of physics? anyone can move like an actual living being with some practice and training.

'Space Ninjas' is buzzwords marketing, i'm more interested in the game than the buzzwords.

-let's hope it's modular

-who said I said that?

I was referring to wall running, vertical wall running, sliding in mid air, coptering, etc.

In other words, things a "ninja" would do. Otherwise, most games try to justify that movement through suits (eg. Titanfall, attack on Titan, etc.).

-The point in trying to make is that advanced movement is lackluster. Advanced parkour (ie the things mentioned above) is mostly used as a selling point rather than a good in game feature. The movement isn't strictly "ninja," but it is close enough to justify some trailers. Hence the reason I say DE should leave it alone and focus on other elements.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

People need to get over parkour.

We can't even do simple things like Not Slide Down a Wall or things like Jump In One Particular Direction from Hanging on a Wall, or other things like Not Freaking Rolling All the Time When We Land.

Those are things that need to be addressed first before parkour, or demands for parkour, are injected with steroids for the maniacs among us.

We can't even do simple things like Not Slide Down a Wall or things like Jump In One Particular Direction from Hanging on a Wall, or other things like Not Freaking Rolling All the Time When We Land.

Those are things that need to be addressed first before parkour, or demands for parkour, are injected with steroids for the maniacs among us.

indeed! we've always had a good start with this system, but it's really lacking features and control that we should have.

KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE #NEVERFORGET

Haha in all seriousness Warframe has so much potential for a great parkour game and I have no idea why DE hasn't focussed on this aspect yet. Just played Shadows of Mordor and that had a pretty decent parkour system (though a blatant rip-off of Assassins Creed). DE could really learn from that game.

Haha in all seriousness Warframe has so much potential for a great parkour game and I have no idea why DE hasn't focussed on this aspect yet. Just played Shadows of Mordor and that had a pretty decent parkour system (though a blatant rip-off of Assassins Creed). DE could really learn from that game.

Agreed, but I would rather they focus on more important aspects. PvP could use some work.

People need to get over parkour.

did you even read the op? The original suggestions are all about what you've said. Parkour IS being able to do things you mentioned. I don't know what parkour are talking about but this thread discuses all of the features related to mobility.

Thats not parkour thats clinging to every wall ever, I don't want parkour like that. I agree that parkour could be refined a little, but what we have now is amazing when you have enough practice, I can fly across the map without touching the floor once...

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Thats not parkour thats clinging to every wall ever, I don't want parkour like that. I agree that parkour could be refined a little, but what we have now is amazing when you have enough practice, I can fly across the map without touching the floor once...

Slow parkour is still parkour though.

Wall running and vertical climbing isn't really used in combat.

I use horizontal wallrunning to kill stuff :I

Vertical wallrun is a thing I don't use unless there's a hidden goodie.

it's people like you that ruin the entire Game Industry. look, i can be mindlessly defensive like that too! >.>

anyways.

if you don't like Constructive Criticism, don't participate in the community of any Video Game. because that's what you'll see in most communities, so you know ahead of time what to expect.

it's incredulous to read that you know that there's issues, but you don't think the game should be made better. why wouldn't a Video Game always want to be better?

and this is a very important issue, Character movement is THE core of every Video Game. Warframe is supposed to be about a non-motion locked Character experience. it's one of the big selling points of the game.

so why wouldn't it be high on the priority list to make sure it represents the game well?

just because Digital Extremes has a Video Game that's ahead of most, doesn't mean that we should care about improving the game less. 

right here, Digital Extremes is standing at the forefront of the entire Industry, with a successful product that can break new boundaries for Video Games in general. what we do here, can get enough attention to actually push the entire Industry forward - an Industry which has as a whole, stagnated in the past 8 years or so.

small groups are still opening new boundaries here and there, but the larger parts of the Industry have been stagnating. but there's the opportunity to fix that.

I dont have a  problem with Constructive Critisism i actually appove of it,what i can't stand is when people complain endlessly about it.Yes i did say it needs a rework,but lets get to the more improtant things first,like game breaking bugs,glitches and that kind of stuff.Once a good number of those are worked out and fixed then maybe we can get a movement rework.Also having this rework will take ALOT of time.I do animations so i know replacing the animations and actions of a full game will take months,years even.Even if they worked endlessly on it we wouldnt see it until maybe next year,so let them take their time.Im sure many other people have said something about this at some point so trust me they've seen it before.

I dont have a  problem with Constructive Critisism i actually appove of it,what i can't stand is when people complain endlessly about it.Yes i did say it needs a rework,but lets get to the more improtant things first,like game breaking bugs,glitches and that kind of stuff.Once a good number of those are worked out and fixed then maybe we can get a movement rework.Also having this rework will take ALOT of time.I do animations so i know replacing the animations and actions of a full game will take months,years even.Even if they worked endlessly on it we wouldnt see it until maybe next year,so let them take their time.Im sure many other people have said something about this at some point so trust me they've seen it before.

First of all, what are paragraphs and why do they make your wall of text look cleaner?

Alright, with that out of the way, let's begin.

1. Complaining is expressing your dissatisfaction or annoyance at something. Literally every thread in the feedback forum complains about something that needs to be fixed, the difference is that we don't whine and cry about something not being the way we like it.

2. Your point that bug fixing should take place before anything else is somewhat correct, however you forget that DE is not one person.

They have multiple teams within the company that deal with specific parts of the game. Like animation, concept art and the actual programing and bug fixing. One party can work at one thing while the other works at other things, thus efficiently keeping the game updated.

3. You're severely underestimating the skills and size of the animation team. Just because you have trouble animating and replacing something in a game doesn't mean that team of skilled individuals will have the same amount.

In all honesty, I expect to see news or progress on parkour at least a week after U15.

4. The point of this thread flew over your head.

We aren't demanding parkour be fixed, the point of this thread is to give DE feedback on the current parkour system. We tell them what we like, don't like, what needs to be fixed etcetera, etcetera. It's ENTIRELY up to them to take any of this feedback into account.

Do you know what constructive criticism is? Go reread the OP, it's a great example of it.

I'll personally give you a saturated example on what whining and complaining is.

Thread name: PARKOUR SUX!!!1!!

OMG Why does ths game hgave such BAAAD parkour >:( >:( >:(

I mean, ugh, you can't evn grab ledges and kill enemiez like in Assasins Creed, how dumb!

DE should just sell themselves to activison already so they can show them HOW REAL GAMES ARE MADE!!!!!1!

It's blatantly obvious that the imaginary person in the example is extremely buttflustered that the game doesn't function exactly how he wants it to.

What impression did the OP give you on Aure7?

It gave me the impression that he likes to put a lot of work into his threads to make them readable and noteworthy. Definitely not just mindless complaining, every thing that he criticized annoyed us at some point while playing this game.

So no, this isn't a thread where we collectively whine how the game is not exactly how we want it.

Edited by Lukap99

DE doesn't do anything nowadays that they can't market , and they already have the screen shots of people running/climbing / shooting  on walls . 

think of all the 2.0s shiny yes but didn't really add to player functionally , melee 2.0 took away our quick block and charge attacks  and gave us super shiny mode , that uses our energy to do harder melee attacks  that one  pressing of our  4   button    could easily solve 

Now with Jet pack coming out - i don't see it ever getting looked at really  

DE doesn't do anything nowadays that they can't market , and they already have the screen shots of people running/climbing / shooting  on walls . 

think of all the 2.0s shiny yes but didn't really add to player functionally , melee 2.0 took away our quick block and charge attacks  and gave us super shiny mode , that uses our energy to do harder melee attacks  that one  pressing of our  4   button    could easily solve 

Now with Jet pack coming out - i don't see it ever getting looked at really  

Oh come on. Not being a white knight or anything but I'm sure that DE isn't like that.

But let's not forget a couple of things: Blocking is now useful! The melee is more viable (by how much is subjective to opinion) and it is pretty fun to use.

They do have a nasty track record of adding shiny new toys that bore us after three days. The devs gotta eat, sure, but who do you think provides them food?

They should really start looking at stuff that has longer term entertainment value.

Edited by Lukap99

Oh come on. Not being a white knight or anything but I'm sure that DE isn't like that.

But let's not forget a couple of things: Blocking is now useful! The melee is more viable (by how much is subjective to opinion) and it was pretty fun to use.

They do have a nasty track record of adding shiny new toys that bore us after three days. The devs gotta eat, sure, but who do you think provides them food?

They should really start looking at stuff that has longer term entertainment value.

I'm clinging to the hope that unlike dark sector, Arcwing will be a very fleshed out mode that one, has a tutorial in the codex and two has strong gameplay. Dark sector has been with the game for a bit and its still in need of polish for its core gameplay. So much so that it is frustrating. But I still have hope for the new mode.

But let's not forget a couple of things: Blocking is now useful! The melee is more viable (by how much is subjective to opinion) and it was pretty fun to use.

AESTHETICS

AESTHETICS

Welcome to Warframe! After nine years in development, I hope that it will be wort the weight.

Warframe: Update 16 - The helmetless update

Hatframe: The number one sci-fi war themed helmet simulator

Warframe: Update 17 - The conga update

Edited by Lukap99