Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Augments and general rambling

Marine027

Is it just me or those augments are desperate attempts to fill Nora's store?

Most of them so far seem another bandaid instead of making it part of the frame, why does Ember need a augment to make status immune as example while Hildryn can remove status at anytime while being tankier already without abilitys to use while ember drains energy for i with her 3.

Mirage one for 4 seconds seems a joke considering the ability is line of sight already.

Ivara is rather gimmicky and i rather increase the range then use this probably.

Atlas would be nice combined with the spotting augment really.

Loki, should be part of his ability already really since it can't move or scales health at all, consdiering it probably dies before you can take damage to share it at all.

Last week or week before the Saryn spore one was also lackluster.

Unpopular opinion, but this battle pass shows its flaws already, intermission 2 was like what, half a year? The shop barely gets anything worthwhile while new players struggle to get what they truely need without knowledge like nitain, and so on.

I mean i even struggle to get all augmenst, due i like to collect simply, not that i use them, but since shop keeps changing and you not know which comes back when, you are stuck with not having credits even if you follow all challanges so far, while later with prestige you have the problem again of when and how the items come back for credits in it.

Unpopular opinion: This whole Nightwave is a mess and a poor attempt still to make you play, while failing to be the "helpign new players" out tihng it was supposed to be, a disguesed battlepass which they struggle themself to keep up, only more work withside storys that won't lead ot anytihng connected.

Wolf, forgotten, Arlo, a boss ndoe not connectiing to the world building, glassmaker, a gimmick i would had liked but forogt DE is poor at explaining, seen as many fail it not because of missing a clue but becasue of a timer and bad movement, the time is unneeded, failing because i misseda clue or misstooked it is one thing to fail but falling of because you feel in hurry and can't listen to the lore the guy rambles about is bad game design.

Alerts could had existed along side it as RNG still, tweak it so it occurs more often simply, like with Froam, you also can get them form rare caches, sortie and so on, desptie farmable in relics also right? Why take it away comeply, why couldn't alerts be part of it, hell have them give creds also, like with glassmaker have a random alert with glass units invadea place.

But it sadly shows DE onyl rolls along with what they come up, no plan, no worldbuilding, just having ideas and implent them without thinking about conflicts with existing things.

Don't get me wrong, i love DE for trying alot, but Warframe lacks a identity lately. and DE looses focus and keeps jumping from one thing to another while older things get abandoned, yes hotfixes at best but real reworks? No, look at Cetus and Forutna, Cetus rework was only better textures really and the thumpers, but bounty QoL? Overall rework of how things work? The timer on Eidolons with day night, etc.

Fortuna did so much better of course but has its own problems aswell, third orb never will occur probably, and instead of taking thigns taht worked on Fortuna and implent them on Cetus as rework it got left in the dust, even Railjack, what point is there now to it? The onyl thing people aimed for were Umbra Forma, and that got removed, now Railjack is empty and abandonded and this Nightwave is another bandaid to it, giving challanges to make people go there, not because the places itself is worth it but becasue the challange tells you to.

Instead of reworking the planets overall, thinkign of ways to make them worth on there own, each palce unique we get chores for a carrot in fornt of our nose, not connected to the things we do, Nora could also be Jar Jar Binks aswell and give challanges, it would not be different at all, becasue she has no effect whatsoever on the wold we play in.

Same for syndicas, instead of reworking them and makign them meaningful, especially the horrible sigil mechanci to level them, also invovlethem in lets say majo eventswe get fanservice basically, where were they when the Sentients attacked? YOu know, unite against one enemy, atleast Hexis or so, the guys talking about balance all day? But instead we got Little Duck, which i like, but she is only fanservice in my eyes, people liked her os she pulls a relais out her ass with no one noticing near earth? ANd it also vanishes liek that aswell? Black market and spys or god knwos hwat but even in this universe i call bullS#&$ on that.

In short, DE lacks worldbuildign heavily, and don't tell me Warframe was never about it, yes it was not, but now it is, it is there main marketing now, Duvarin Trailer? New Cinematic? Second Dream and War Within, does matter now but they ruined it as fast it became popular, and why, because of bad writeing, bad choices and unable ot seperate gameplay and story much in a reasonable matter.

Railajck not affects our story, Nora Nightwave does not, you know what did, certain quests, even the bad Nidus Index chore one, it develpoed our character, able to make our own decision, talking back on Lotus. But DE not allwos it, even after all this time we have fake Lotus, another abd writing, she not exists becasue the plot demands it, but becasue tehy hodl stubborn on there preciosu voice lines with her and not want to record new meaningful ones, this is how i see it personally.

It is not like we have creator mode for that, so it never fully vansihes but, from a lore and story standpoint, Ordis purposly hurts us, reminding us that this Lotus never migth come back, what story tellign is  this i ask here, why don't we havea choice in it saying we not want to hear it as example, on top from a gamepaly perspective, woh gives us our missions still? Invasions? What balance do we keep still without Lotus? Who do we give the capture targets to now and so on.

A big wall of text i know but i need to let this all out now, alot won't agree i assume or not even bother to read but i hope DE does and it makes them at least think a bit.

• Like 2

It's true.  

I enjoy the game because I enjoy it for what it is, not what it can be.  Yes it has a lot more potential, but I recommend to be happy with what is right there in front of you.

It is a good game, likely the best free to play shooter out there, but it's not perfect.  

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Educated_Beast:

It's true.  

I enjoy the game because I enjoy it for what it is, not what it can be.  Yes it has a lot more potential, but I recommend to be happy with what is right there in front of you.

It is a good game, likely the best free to play shooter out there, but it's not perfect.  

Oh i do enjoy it but things like this can dampen the mood often, i play long with big breaks, Nightwave in its own is jsut something that is problematic in its rpoblems and not solves any, same as much more bandaids instead of real reworks.

With Nightwave as example, Alerts not got fixed but repalces, same for people with trialas back then repalced by Eidolons basically.

The game sohudl expand more of coruse but not forogt its old things or just remove it like it never exists, yet keep things like as minor it is yet still example, the Jordas Golem entry for the rial in the codex, only irritating people who never done it and wonder where to scan it.

Or even Frame Fighter, a side project yet but no new frames anymore for it, or Zephyr Deluxe just ignored.

Those are all minor examples simply for such that can dampen the good look on this game, as said, i enjoy it but the way it goes at tiems is questionable simply.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Steel_Rook:

Aren't those just the Coverted versions of previously Conclave-exclusive mods?

Think so, but never did concalve so not care for it, but that is still a thing DE needs to look at, Nightwave having those making conclave even more dead then, on top of makign them honestly hypocrits, the universal medallion they claimed to change due it should stay PVE in PVE and PVP in PVP, but the Sentients drop conclave mods and now Nightwave also has those.

And yes they are combined as PVP able to be used in PVE but they still are mainly PVP if you want them, do PVP in my eyes, it just is odd and they jsut go with it so needlesly, on top of showign the store as "epic" it was suppsoed ot be is another empty promise as disgues battle pass.

I love DE and Warframe but over the years i quesiton simpyl alot now, i not hate them but without criticisim things won't change or get a look at agian like so many other things.