Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving Sanctuary Onslaught

I'm a new player and tried Sanctuary Onslaught with strangers today. We did really well and earned some good rewards, but after eight waves I wanted to quit. I could not for the life of me figure out how, I could not even leave the squad. The only way I could find was to abort mission. After searching the web how it's supposed to be done, I was mortified to read that since I was the host, by aborting mission I robbed my entire team of rewards. I feel absolutely awful now. I wonder, it's been years since Sanctuary Onslaught was released, and it seems to have been a known issue since its launch that players don't understand how to exit. Surely there must be some way of more clearly communicating to the players how to end the mission? One issue for me was that I was told to hurry up to get into the next portal, so I assumed if I didn't reach it I would fail and not get rewards. Similarly I thought if efficiency dropped I would fail and not get rewards. Instead the thing I opted for turned out to be the absolute worst, which incidentally also is how I'm feeling right now. I quit the game, turned my PSN account to not accept any messages from strangers and went offline in shame. To all you Tenno out there for all your rewards you've lost over the years because of people like me, I'm sorry. 

You can quit this game mode by not going through the portal. That is the only way.

It's not your fault, DE is known for unable to convey the message clearly of anything in the game.

• Like 6

This isn't uncommon. A couple days ago I was in ESO with someone, MR7 or MR8 I believe. We left at zone 8 and they kept going. I was messaged by the player asking how to leave a few seconds later. They also thought you had to abort the mission to leave and had to explain how to leave correctly..

It's not your fault or anyone else that does what you did. It's just another example to add to the long list of things DE sucks at explaining in game.

• Like 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Kristyrfrisyr:

I'm a new player and tried Sanctuary Onslaught with strangers today. We did really well and earned some good rewards, but after eight waves I wanted to quit. I could not for the life of me figure out how, I could not even leave the squad. The only way I could find was to abort mission. After searching the web how it's supposed to be done, I was mortified to read that since I was the host, by aborting mission I robbed my entire team of rewards. I feel absolutely awful now. I wonder, it's been years since Sanctuary Onslaught was released, and it seems to have been a known issue since its launch that players don't understand how to exit. Surely there must be some way of more clearly communicating to the players how to end the mission? One issue for me was that I was told to hurry up to get into the next portal, so I assumed if I didn't reach it I would fail and not get rewards. Similarly I thought if efficiency dropped I would fail and not get rewards. Instead the thing I opted for turned out to be the absolute worst, which incidentally also is how I'm feeling right now. I quit the game, turned my PSN account to not accept any messages from strangers and went offline in shame. To all you Tenno out there for all your rewards you've lost over the years because of people like me, I'm sorry. 

Why did you not just test it? If you lose because you didn't go trough the portal, or you abort the mission wouldn't change anything. But you did already know that one way is a guaranteed lost. While the other maybe not.

Or better why didn't you ask one of your teammates?

Sorry, but not sorry. Imo it's clear enough.