The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid - enable item pickups while in Undertow

TehGrief

As it currently is, while submerged in [3] Undertow Hydroid cannot pick up resources. This has presented two main issues:

1. Hydroid cannot gather energy to sustain the ability or the casting of tentacles to absorb additional enemies outside of the ability range.

2. While using Vacuum, resources and mods gather and clutter your screen - causing complete visual obstruction (see image below):

UVA19EF.png

Enable Hydroid to pickup items while in Undertow, this should have always been how it worked.

• Like 1

Uh, no. Undertow should not allow you to hoover up resources. We do not need Hydroid to be even more of an AFK frame than he already is. That ability should not exist, let alone allow you to pick up resources while doing absolutely nothing.

Undertow needs to be removed an replaced with something else. Hydroid as a whole needs to be reworked so he’s not such AFK-incentive/useless frame.

• Like 1

I don't think they'll enable it, rather they might fix it by disabling all vacuum effects in Undertow (so that items stop obscuring our view at last).

It's like Inaros and Harrow. In Sandstorm and while channeling Thurible, pickup collection is disabled. Reasoning? Not sure, maybe they don't want near indefinite usage of the channeling ability. It's not consistent across all channeling powers, like Mend & Maim or Effigy you can still get orbs.

As for Undertow belonging on Hydroid or not, that's another can of worms we can open for a Hydroid Re-revisited thread.

7 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

In Sandstorm and while channeling Thurible, pickup collection is disabled. Reasoning? Not sure, maybe they don't want near indefinite usage of the channeling ability. It's not consistent across all channeling powers, like Mend & Maim or Effigy you can still get orbs.

I don’t why you talk about channeled abilities like they’re all the same. Difference between Mend/Maim, Effigy and powers like Thurible and Sandstorm is because they function differently. Sandstorm could potentially allow you to remain in that form and permanently CC enemies so they can never get close enough to get a decent shot.

The reason Thurible doesn’t allow pickup collection I’d imagine is so that you can’t boost you energy recovery to ridiculous levels where like one shot nets you 1000 energy.

Undertow being able to pick items up would allow players to go AFK and not worry about running out of energy because drowned enemies can simply give it to them, all while doing the absolute square-root of glorious nothing. It would be a horrible feature that only incentivises further AFK play.

21 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

As for Undertow belonging on Hydroid or not, that's another can of worms we can open for a Hydroid Re-revisited thread.

Hopefully DE reveal they’re working on a decent rework to come with Hydroid’s deluxe. Not just a cynically timed tweak to his abilities like they did during the time his Prime Access came out, but a full on proper rework.

If Vauban can get two reworks, Hydroid can definitely get one.

I agree, if Undertow allowed pickup collection, then macros can be made to bypass the AFK timer which disables energy gain.

Besides, Undertow costs a paltry amount of energy per second. If you're actively using the tentacle grab or running Curative, then yes the cost would be higher in exchange for the benefits those actions provide (while you're completely invulnerable).

On 2020-06-06 at 7:17 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Uh, no. Undertow should not allow you to hoover up resources. We do not need Hydroid to be even more of an AFK frame than he already is. That ability should not exist, let alone allow you to pick up resources while doing absolutely nothing.

Undertow needs to be removed an replaced with something else. Hydroid as a whole needs to be reworked so he’s not such AFK-incentive/useless frame.

At least they could let it get inside the water and you only pick it up once you leave. Why? Cause the visual obstruction prevents you from using your tentacle to get new enemies. And I mean I can't click on an enemy while there's something in front of it, it's not like I just can't see it.

While I agree 100% he needs a full rework, (and I hope they are already working on it to launch with his deluxe) until then... at least fix impact proc ragdoll on first ability and this.

7 hours ago, Sahiratu said:

At least they could let it get inside the water and you only pick it up once you leave.

It's pretty much a waste of time to do that if DE are already planning on doing a rework for him and removing abilities like Undertow, which is what we all want.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi