Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defection is really hard now...

HomicidalGrouse

There was a time when I was able to keep squads of defectors alive just fine by myself... but that time seems to have passed. They get absolutely murdered now, and I don't know if it's their bad pathfinding (one of them deciding to turn around and run AWAY from the escape ship is very common), the buffs they gave the infested, or both.

Either way, I think this mostly forgotten game mode should be revisited, especially if it's to remain the only way to acquire Harrow. There's a reason nobody really plays it.

You know what I think would be cool? Treating it sort of like a tower defense game mode. Power cells are currently used for recharging the life preservers, but what if you you had other options for using power cells? What if placing them in certain machines would enable ship defenses for a period of time? Things like suppression fields that slow down the infested. turrets, stimulant injectors that speed up survivors, etc.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-06 at 5:31 PM, HomicidalGrouse said:

They get absolutely murdered now, and I don't know if it's their bad pathfinding

Yeah, it's stupid when one (or even TWO at a time) catches a corner just wrong or is set running against a wall. It's been that way forever and the only thing you can do (unless you are using a frame that can move them) is too lure the enemy back and have them attack.

• Like 1