Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton = Awesome?

CannaWhoopazz

I've done some looking at the rifles, and I can't figure out why the Braton isn't the best non-prime assault rifle in the game.  It has the highest DPS of any other assault rifle if shot in short bursts (since the Gorgon has that wind-up speed, and terrible accuracy), decent magazine capacity, good accuracy (rarely do I find a time I would need to shoot at distant targets) and average reload speed (can be modded to a respectable time).

Something tells me I'm wrong in my initial assessment of the weapon (I'm just starting out) but I can't find a weapon that I will be switching to any time soon, and the only one that I will eventually switch to is the Braton Prime.

Where did I go wrong?  What am I missing?  What weapon at higher levels will I really need to use instead?

The Braton is great weapon but other weapons, such as the Soma, are better in the long run, but the Soma has a Mastery requirement of 3. Latron is also a good level 0 weapon.  

The Hind is another weapon you can try. Stable, burst fired (5 rounds per click) rifle. Just some ideas. 

Edited by Sni7ch

Loads of viable weapons out there, really: Just depends on what you feel comfortable with. I personally use the Burston, which is apparently quite average to under-performing against anything above level 90, but I find it to be my favoured weapon.

Partially due to its sweet-&#! sound effect, having higher damage (therefore, ammo efficiency), and a burst that doesn't overkill a single target. While its DPS doesn't make it the hottest girl in the block, it puts out some respectable damage until quite late into the game.

That being said, play ALL the weapons to above rank 20, see how much mod space it has left, and then think of whether it's worth potato-ing. I found Burston very much worth it, considering I use Hikou and Dual Vipers as my high-level side, and Sicarus as my favourite default side.

Every weapon in this game is capable of killing enemies decently, if you forma and/or mod them correctly. 

It's just that people in this game are obsessed with numbers and DPS, that they forget how to enjoy the gun in the midst of analyzing it. 

Standard hits, I see the Braton as better than the Soma, but the Critical Hits will increase the dps quite a bit, I didn't look at that. I will go back to the calculation-board as it were, and figure this out!

*EDIT* Soma is better once fully modded for crits, you're right! I failed to calculate the criticals in at all, and was just looking at dps of normal shots.

Edited by CannaWhoopazz

Every weapon in this game is capable of killing enemies decently, if you forma and/or mod them correctly. 

It's just that people in this game are obsessed with numbers and DPS, that they forget how to enjoy the gun in the midst of analyzing it. 

Boltor, I <3 you.

So much truth in this statement. While I have Braton Prime, Flux, Soma, Supra (pretty much all weapons and the "right" ones forma'd) I've been playing with this since Heavy Caliber came out:

2013-10-14_00001.jpg

This was my first potatoed gun, no polariites, just straight damage, armor piercing and ammo mutation.

Still tons of fun (apart from a little too much screen shake) and I can even run T3s with it comfortably...

Braton is awesome. =)

Rifle Mutation......... DE &!$$es me off to no end with their event only MODS/Weapons that are superior in every way to the original.

You can get ammo mutator mods now in survival missions. I don't know where drops what (it's all behind closed veil) but there are reports of them popping up in game now.

Good luck buddy. Hope you get what you're looking for soon.

I personally view the Braton as the workhorse of Warframe, it's completely uninspired, and doesn't really shine in any way, yet it somehow manages to be the go to gun for me in nearly any situation.

In terms of simple point and shoot reliability the Braton trumps nearly any gun in the game. Decent DPS, high accuracy, a healthy clip size, and no wind up. Some minor ammo pool problems, and it falls off in the later game, but other than that no true downsides.

In short I love this gun to death, and I can't wait to finally get my hands on the Prime.