Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Build Acrid, Or Wait Until Armor/damage Update?

hunter1801

I spend a couple months farming for Orthos Prime....then they day after I get it, Galatine is released. I don't want to be in that same situation again. I've been waiting to reach Mastery level 7 to build Acrid and I just hit it yesterday. Now I'm doubting whether or not I should build it. I know nobody knows how the update will affect anything, but I get the feeling Acrid will no longer be the best gun.

Thoughts?

I dont think Armor 2.0 will reduce Acrid's killing power (which stems from the gun's DoT, not armor mechanics). So you will be fine. All Armor 2.0 will do is allow OTHER weapons to be more effective for longer. Acrid is already effective forever.

Depends. Poison DoT seems to be the new standard for all poison weapons in Armor 2.0, but that might mean Acrid's DoT will become less OP then its current DoT.

That said, even if its DoT gets nerfed to oblivion, it is still easily one of the most useful weapons in the game, thanks to its armor ignore. 

Id wait as well, especially if its something you barely have enough resource to make. Not to say that it stil wont be a viable weapon, but it jsut might not be worth it until things settle down. Id even imagine with Armor 2.0 that there will be some balance patches afterwards. DE already kind of had a lapse of judgement with corrupted mods applying "downsides" to weapons that it never would effect. So id imagine a few things would still need to be tweaked then after as well.

Though the closer we get to its implementation, the more certain we will be over it. Just have to wait and see.

if you want even more trivial game, mindless farming (lol at this one), ultra lazy mode, 0 CHALLENGE.

go for acrid.

Whenever I want a challenge, I always think "Let's play a coop PVE game!"

That was sarcasm btw.

Whenever I want a challenge, I always think "Let's play a coop PVE game!"

That was sarcasm btw.

offtopic:

I dont get it, why are you implying theres no challenge in coop games just saying...

Edited by Dasmir

Because there isn't much challenge.

If you want a challenge, you play against other people (PVP type games).

Ok you lost me at this one also you explain soo good how coop games arent challenging "coght"

Edited by Dasmir

The Acrid will not be as useful against robots and Infested after Armor 2.0

Why do you say that?

You can make the acrid but as far as i can tell acrid wont be that good anymore or in other words other weapons will be comparable to it

(dual vastos)

So will it become less powerful and less effective at killing after the patch, or will other weapons be brought up to its level?

Why do you say that?

Toxic damage will no longer be 100% armor ignore, and Toxic damage will not receive any bonuses vs the types I mentioned, it may even take reduced damage (I'd have to re-check)

(My post is theory-crafting only, and not based on data in game)

Edited by Archistopheles

Toxic damage will no longer be 100% armor ignore, and Toxic damage will not receive any bonuses vs the types I mentioned, it may even take reduced damage (I'd have to re-check)

(My post is theory-crafting only, and not based on data in game)

Still good though. Because it has stackable DoT like the Torid.

It won't be as game breaking powerful as currently but it will still pack a lot of punch thanks to the DOT.

Edited by fatpig84