The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gsync not working

Toolboxio

i dont think gsync is working for me it was just working 2 days ago. My fps is hovering around 65-66 even though i have it capped at 144, if i turn on vsync it goes to 144fps. When i turn off vsync it goes back to 65fps. When i uncap fps it goes 300+fps....

as far as i recall, the arrangement of G-Sync that one was supposed to use was G-Sync enabled to be used in Video Driver settings, Exclusive Fullscreen, VSync on, Framerate globally limited to 1-2 below Refresh Rate.

however, i don't deal with this part of Technology very often, so i defer to someone that has the Equipment to use and the Equipment to test, the nuances of these features.
https://youtu.be/OAFuiBTFo5E
https://youtu.be/F8bFWk61KWA

Chris has detailed information on how Syncing modes affects the usage experience and can help guide you to ensuring you're getting what you want out of G-Sync.
for better or for worse, no, Chris does not produce written versions of his content.

there's something wonky with the frame limit in game on Windows 2004 update if you set it to 144 it somehow dropped down to 60-70 range somehow, downgrading to 1909 solves it for me, or if you want to stay on 2004 update setting the cap to 200 in game and using RTSS to cap the frame rate seems to work iirc @Toolboxio

46 minutes ago, -VV-william said:

there's something wonky with the frame limit in game on Windows 2004 update if you set it to 144 it somehow dropped down to 60-70 range somehow, downgrading to 1909 solves it for me, or if you want to stay on 2004 update setting the cap to 200 in game and using RTSS to cap the frame rate seems to work iirc @Toolboxio

whats RTSS? or how do i downgrade to 1909? will it affect other games?

27 minutes ago, -VV-william said:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
Rivatuner Statistic Server, bundled with MSI afterburner for me used for capping the frame rate

Hide contents

muV1EBQ.png

will it affect other? idk about that one

what about downgrading to 1909? what is that (i looked it up) id prefer to stay on the most current windows version. Why cant warframe do anything about this? gsync still works in other games for me

• 3 weeks later...

Anything new with this? It flickers hard mainly during loading screen for me. Starts to go away some after playing for 10 plus minutes. Fullscreen mode works best, and borderless is horrifying. Having it on with normal vsync seems to work, though obviously that defeats the point some.

• 1 month later...

So I've tested my games to make sure G-Syncs running in borderless windowed and out of them all it's just warframe that doesn't seem to have gsync in borderless windowed. Only way to get it running in warframe is using fullscreen for me

Edit: For G-Sync to work in borderless on windows 10. For me I have to enable to Optimized Flip-Model (Experimental) under in-game option in display settings.

I've no idea what this setting actually does

Archived