The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Precision and Aoe.

PerksPlus

I'm kind of newb, but I really enjoy playing Harrow with a Vectis Prime. My only issue is that I just feel like I'm gimping myself. I could just use Ember, press a button, and run through an instance while killing everything. So, I have a couple of questions. Is there a warframe that somehow combines precision with aoe? I get that I could just put a sniper rifle on Ember and do both, but is there a warframe that somehow takes headshot damage and turns it into a big aoe? Also, if it doesn't exist, I surely can't be the only person that this sort of thing would appeal to.

Edited by PerksPlus

Ivara has an augment called Concentrated Arrow; it changes her Artemis Bow so that instead of firing several arrows, it just fires one that has extra crit chance and explodes when it headshots.

That's probably the closest thing to what you want; it can definitely do really high damage as the explosion can crit, and Ivara's other abilities help to make headshots easier to land.

• Like 1

Ivara with a high range build, concentrated arrow (artemis bow augment that has aoe explosive arrows on headshot hit) and prowl....rewards precision AND has an aoe. though she isnt too tanky

with hunter munitions for slash procs and viral build on artemis can be good (viral increases the damage done to health up to 10 stacks)

Edited by Kalvorax

2 hours ago, PerksPlus said:

I'm kind of newb, but I really enjoy playing Harrow with a Vectis Prime. My only issue is that I just feel like I'm gimping myself. I could just use Ember, press a button, and run through an instance while killing everything. So, I have a couple of questions. Is there a warframe that somehow combines precision with aoe? I get that I could just put a sniper rifle on Ember and do both, but is there a warframe that somehow takes headshot damage and turns it into a big aoe? Also, if it doesn't exist, I surely can't be the only person that this sort of thing would appeal to.

Nova doesn't do exactly what you're saying, but you might check her out.   She doesn't convert precision kills into AoE, but she produces AoE with every kill.    This helps single target weapons feel somewhat closer to AoE weapons and abilities.   It doesn't leverage precision per se, except insofar as precision helps produce kills in the first place.

Up until recently, Harrow (and lots of other frames) could do something more like what you want with gas damage snipers and the like.  You still can, kinda, but the performance is quite sad compared to what it was.  (Rest in peace, my sweet Vulkar Wraith and Daikyu, rest in peace.)

13 hours ago, PerksPlus said:

For that sort of playstyle I've been enjoying Garuda + criticial/viral Gaze that has the Seeker arcane installed.   Garuda doubles the damage when you at are 2 health, and Gaze makes it easy to land rapid headshots, and chains to nearby targets.  When you kill someone that way it also launches additional missiles that kill more. I was enjoying it a lot during the Scarlet Spear land attack.   Talons for bonus Slash damage on big targets, Mirror for defense, Altar->Siphon to replenish energy/life.

Harrow could use the same weapon.. and from reading his abilities, the bonus critical chance would fit very nicely.

Edited by Krenlik

On 2020-06-09 at 10:03 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Nova doesn't do exactly what you're saying, but you might check her out.   She doesn't convert precision kills into AoE, but she produces AoE with every kill.    This helps single target weapons feel somewhat closer to AoE weapons and abilities.   It doesn't leverage precision per se, except insofar as precision helps produce kills in the first place.

Up until recently, Harrow (and lots of other frames) could do something more like what you want with gas damage snipers and the like.  You still can, kinda, but the performance is quite sad compared to what it was.  (Rest in peace, my sweet Vulkar Wraith and Daikyu, rest in peace.)

Gas is definitely the answer. It does exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how it used to be, but it's absolutely insane how much a difference it makes. Thanks for mentioning it.

Just now, PerksPlus said:

Gas is definitely the answer. It does exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how it used to be, but it's absolutely insane how much a difference it makes. Thanks for mentioning it.

Idk if I'd recommend gas in its current state since it got nerfed hard, but the Komorex releases an area burst on its zoomed shot, you might wanna try that.

1 minute ago, Richeatue said:

Idk if I'd recommend gas in its current state since it got nerfed hard, but the Komorex releases an area burst on its zoomed shot, you might wanna try that.

Gas legit sextupled how effective harrow is while using a sniper. You go from spending 1 bullet on every kill to spending 1 bullet to kill everything in an area for the next 5 seconds. It seems particularly effective on void fissures because you still get cloud while stuff is invulnerable. If that's bad, I'm not sure I want to know what's good. I'll check out the Kormorex as well though.

1 hour ago, PerksPlus said:

That's cool.   I'm going to guess it'll fall off for you as you advance further, so you might want to try electricity later on.   Komorex is definitely an option too, as well as few other weapons.

Le 10/06/2020 à 04:12, PerksPlus a dit :

is there a warframe that somehow takes headshot damage and turns it into a big aoe?

You can use Vauban's first ability with the augment tesla bank, it does exactly what you want. When you kill an ennemy affected  by a nervos telsa, the damages dealt  are spread in a small area (depending on ability range).

Edited by Icecryos