Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thermia Fractures is terrible for new players (and old) Here's why.

Ssalem

First of all it has no independent matchmaking. You join a game. No directions in game where to go, what to do (as per usual DE style)

You're often matched with low MR players who haven't got a single clue. They're absolutely wrecked by Orb of Vallis enemies, which isn't surprising, considering they're the most overtuned enemies in the entire game. The amount of damage and CC they dish out is off the charts. Plus there's mini-bosses, (Jackals, Hyenas, Raknoids) which give even a fully decked out player a pause. Now imagine what they do to newbies.

Since there is no line of sight barriers, Corpus can reign hell from vast distances, making people wonder what the hell killed them. Who doesn't like getting sniped from 500 yards away? I can't possibly think of a worse introduction to Warframe to new players as the Orb of Vallis.

All right, so you're in game. You need Thermia Canisters which are conveniently located next to the invincible Exploiter Orb. Who can easily one shot Warframes and Archwings. It's great. You might see where I'm going with this right.

Then, there's the actual fissures, which, yeah, basic mobile defense, with random modifers, which would be fine....But you had to include a Radiation procs, didn't you? On top of everything I listed so far?

So you have random unexplained failures, which I assume players accidentally killing the canisters, players killing other players, players killing THEMSELVES (like Mag's bubble) with nobody the faintest idea what just happened. Remove these Rad procs, for the love of god!!
And you might want to do something about the nullifying burps too, they're obnoxious.

• Like 1

And here I had fun with it, though it does get tedious and definitely a hard gut-check to newer players...how is it terrible for old players?.  ...uh, never even been scratched by Exploiter Orb trying to grab a Canister TBH, if you're having difficulty there just down the spider and wait for her to wonder off.  

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Ssalem:

Plus there's mini-bosses, (Jackals, Hyenas, Raknoids) which give even a fully decked out player a pause.

say that again wife swap GIF by Paramount Network

Never had a problem with the damage they deal. And I did it before shield gate with a limbo. Against corpus. Who has nullifer. I accomplished while doing one of the worst mistakes ingame.