Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove fissure flickering

PopGligor

Fissures flicker. Everybody knows this. If you ever get eye strain from playing Warframe, it is the fissures. The effect is ugly and has no place in the game. There is no excuse to keep this effect in. Depending on your settings, it can only get more intensive than what I show in this video here. This is fissure flickering with the least possible intensity. Remove it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKmW2_21KNA&feature=emb_title

Back when U19 came out, some epileptic people were saying there was something wrong with the update and they had to quit the game. It is a shame this is still unadressed when it is in such a major part of the game. This was just as the update came out and everybody was doing fissures, and they thought the lighting was messed up. But it's not the lighting, it's the fissures. No, this effect isn't light from the fissures. It works by causing the brightness of the entire scene to flicker. I cannot believe it's been like 3 years and this effect is still in the game. It's as if DE doesn't play their own game.

I've made threads about this before, being much nicer, but I don't think that works. This effect is ugly, and it should be removed. Or at the very least, there should be an option to remove it.

Yes the video is old. The effect is still in the game. It damages people's eyes and it is ugly. It adds nothing. No excuse to keep it in.

5 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

There is one from 3 years ago

General Discussion is not a place DE tends to look. So, you are wasting your time. 

Post it in the correct place if you want them to see it. Feedback is probably a good place. Try it, no one cares if you have an archived thread. It is still more likely to be seen if you post in the correct place.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

General Discussion is not a place DE tends to look. So, you are wasting your time. 

Post it in the correct place if you want them to see it. Feedback is probably a good place. Try it, no one cares if you have an archived thread. It is still more likely to be seen if you post in the correct place.

TBH I just want more people to notice it. Because it is ruining everyone's gameplay. Some just don't notice it on a conscious level how bad it is. Or underestimate how big of a deal this is. More players need to be made aware about how bad this is, how damaging to the eyes it is, how it ruins Warframe fun. When DE removes it, everyone will notice their game has just become better. They may not realize why that happened, but they will all notice they are able to play for much longer without their eyes burning. I post here because I want players to notice. 

7 hours ago, PopGligor said:

I post here because I want players to notice. 

Fair enough. Players are unable to do anything about it though.

7 hours ago, PopGligor said:

TBH I just want more people to notice it. Because it is ruining everyone's gameplay

I cannot say that I have noticed it before. I have to go try some fissures to see if it happens on my settings. If it does I certainly haven't had any problems with it myself (that isn't to say that no one has).

Edit: I spent 40 minutes in fissure missions. Not once did I see the effect you are talking about. Perhaps it’s to do with settings, or mission?

Edited by krc473