Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raven, Witch Warframe (with Art)

keikogi

My concepts are mess:
At Baba Yaga I wasn't even sure if she should be a melee element or a ranged bullet witch.
Even with the Tamamo / Okami Paper Wold Warframe, I have to think of something new to distance myself from another fan concept.

To the guardian Crona:
At Crona I have the feeling that it was also derived from Warhammer Fantasy.
In Warhammer, the chaos god of change called Tzeentch also influenced some people, they all had a raven or parrot on their shoulders that gave them Tpps * orders *.
Tzeentch is even said to have power over the warp.
As the god of change, he is in the way of victory because of his striving for turmoil and change, just as the god of change and change.
So sound like Raven the Dark God Tzeentch has his fingers in the game * laughs *.

Almost two melee weapons ?:
Only the dagger needs melee mods?
The staff is a spear weapon like the "Javlok" and needs rifle mods.
Even if the dagger and staff are suitable for witches, can you exchange something for a shotgun or sniper?
We already have so many pistols and melee weapons in the Waframes.

Apprehension:
I am basically enthusiastic about the idea, if DE already plans to make the Archwing modular then there should be a Warframe in a similar form.
But I have saved so-called
- The gender is exchanged as with Arbalest / Ivara, the similarities of the concept and the implementation are noticeable.
-The * Raven * becomes a delux skin and the warfame is super ugly.
- The skills end up as an art augment on other Warframes.

7 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

At Crona I have the feeling that it was also derived from Warhammer Fantasy.
In Warhammer, the chaos god of change called Tzeentch also influenced some people, they all had a raven or parrot on their shoulders that gave them Tpps * orders *.
Tzeentch is even said to have power over the warp.
As the god of change, he is in the way of victory because of his striving for turmoil and change, just as the god of change and change.
So sound like Raven the Dark God Tzeentch has his fingers in the game * laugh

Kinda of the idea I jsut don´t know eneought about he void in warframe. We only have 3 void realated entities ( man in the wall , Vor and the tenno ) also we don´t know that miuch abotu the void either so it hard to create an agenda(objective )  for the crow.

Almost two melee weapons ?:
Only the dagger needs melee mods?
The staff is a spear weapon like the "Javlok" and needs rifle mods.
Even if the dagger and staff are suitable for witches, can you exchange something for a shotgun or sniper?
We already have so many pistols and melee weapons in the Waframes.

During the artist development we floated the possibility of turning the broom into a staff and concert the dagger into a throwing knife. We ended up witht the current spear gun broom and dagger ( well you can thown it but it not a secondary ) 

But I have saved so-called
- The gender is exchanged as with Arbalest / Ivara, the similarities of the concept and the implementation are noticeable.

There are a few fan warframes that made into the game but usually the in game version is bastardized and only keeps 1 skill fof the original. Pretty sure both zephyr and croma are based on fan concepts, they are just worse. 

8 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

- The skills end up as an art augment on other Warframes.

Unlikely because the "zaw" skill thing would require quite a bit of coding. Afther a warframe like this is out than something like that is more likely in the same manner people have been getting chroma elemetal gimmick as an augument.

7 hours ago, Urlan said:

Nice art, show it to DE Rebecca; she loves this kind of thing. Kudos to Masternomad.

Glad to know, I will tell him the reception so far has be great. About showing it to rebeca I´m pretty sure DE no longer shows fan concepts on prime time. Nor I recall seen a coment from staff on the fan concepts section. 

8 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

My concepts are mess:
At Baba Yaga I wasn't even sure if she should be a melee element or a ranged bullet witch.
Even with the Tamamo / Okami Paper Wold Warframe, I have to think of something new to distance myself from another fan concept.

I´m farirly messy on my concepts too, I just got somewhat good at refining than with time. It is more or less just giving the idea some time in the freeze and asking your self what is truly important about what you are trying to deliver. I dislike revenat so much because he wastes 2 amazing themes ( vampires and sentients ) but does not deliverers well on neither. 

there are to questions you always need to ask yourself when creating a skill. 

Does this skill creaes a good gameplay loop ? 

Does this skill represents the theme well ? 

You can start by either side but ideally speaking the answer to both questions must be YES. 

Thanks for @Steel_Rook for the help with the kit posted it on reddit and it did fairly well. I know the art did the heavy lifting but the kit sticked as the top comment so people must have enjoyed it, especially considering wall of text are not particularly popular over there. If you can see any other problem ( especially functional overlap on the first and second ingredient ( I want to avoid the Chroma elemental gimmick mistake with diferent flavours of EHP ) ).

Yup, artwork looks pretty badass. I like the design of the shoes - Warframe generally has issues drawing feet for whatever reason. I'm assuming that big thing on the side is the Broom? Looks cool, certainly.

I don't really have any novel comments to make on her kit at this time. Seems about like what we talked about before. I like this version of the Ritual and Possession better, definitely. Restricting possession just to allies or yourself is a good compromise, and cutting the demon out of the ritual makes it I think a bit more consistent with the theme. Seems to be a bit more synergy, as well.

One final note, though - the artwork makes her "Broom" look more like an Archgun than a K-Drive. I know it's too late in the day to make suggestions, but I do wonder if at some point, she could have gotten an Exalted Atmospheric Archgun 🙂 Maybe an Archgun Flamethrower setting enemies on fire and spreading her Brew debuff. But that's just a random musing. What you have there is good.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Yup, artwork looks pretty badass. I like the design of the shoes - Warframe generally has issues drawing feet for whatever reason. I'm assuming that big thing on the side is the Broom? Looks cool, certainly.

Yep 

don't really have any novel comments to make on her kit at this time. Seems about like what we talked about before. I like this version of the Ritual and Possession better, definitely. Restricting possession just to allies or yourself is a good compromise, and cutting the demon out of the ritual makes it I think a bit more consistent with the theme. Seems to be a bit more synergy, as well.

I think the final desing is fairly sound and kept the soul of the okd one. Took a big visual switch from fire witch too Crow witch and a fairly sizable rework but the final result is quite good.

One final note, though - the artwork makes her "Broom" look more like an Archgun than a K-Drive. I know it's too late in the day to make suggestions, but I do wonder if at some point, she could have gotten an Exalted Atmospheric Archgun 🙂 Maybe an Archgun Flamethrower setting enemies on fire and spreading her Brew debuff. But that's just a random musing. What you have there is good.

It meant to look closer to a heavy spear gun than a k drive. Most of its functions are more related to a spear. Spear gun chemical launcher , on the thrown it creates a noxious cloud. The ability to ride is based on beminaru from fire force 

Edit: there where a few desing interaction first one the brews were just granades them rhe idea of chemical launcher appeared and it quickly became a spear gun. Now it even doubles as a primary weapon if you don't equip one ( like garuda's claws )

Benimaru
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt0023d9uZiDas_EnQiGU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6Qw1pBzLM3lIUMzGr-D7

About the arch gun 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcW6U57js3x9S6XrLHznl

I want some kind of heavy flamer for warframe but arch guns but her frame ( size ) is fairly small and overly big guns tens to look ridiculous id there is not enought muscle holding it. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKL3mmOlv6f3ocGkgaHm2

Also it is a question I desing the gun woukd shift the focus away from her. Works well on hildrin but she is huge. 

6 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Oh, no - I get it, no worries 🙂 I don't expect you to redesign your character on a whim. Just seeing the artwork made me think about how cool it would be to have a Warframe with an Exalted Archgun, is all 🙂

I kmow the idea is cool but it need to be more than just an exalted weapon. At this point if exalted weapon is just a means of dealing damage it not good enought because exalted weapons lost their novelity. It needs to be unique enought visually or game play wise to warrant being an exalted weapon. I did float the idea of "venom" frame that could equip itself on an ally ( changes their armor set and color scheme ) , adds two sholder mounted flamer trowers (contoled by the venom frame ). That´s the closest I´ve been so far if going for a heavy flammer. Saw I few ideas for cool exalted weapon ( exalted drums calling down lighting , exalted book ). Going back to the gun I think a gun with skill like behavior could work well. But the question is how to implement it but it would require a small tematic swith. Going back to the roots of this idea aalchemy , a alchemist with a huge ass chemical trower could be really cool and fit really well temathically.

Magic wand must stay small?
Then I also thought "fighting wand = K-Drive".
Accordingly, I support the use of Bliaar in this form.

If it were up to me, she could make a gun out of it, as in Bulletwitch, but we don't want to overdo it with the mod options.
There are no * stance mods * for firearms to switch between shotgun / stick / rifle.

latest?cb=20140828020821

27 minutes ago, KaffeRausch said:

Magic wand must stay small?
Then I also thought "fighting wand = K-Drive".
Accordingly, I support the use of Bliaar in this form.

If it were up to me, she could make a gun out of it, as in Bulletwitch, but we don't want to overdo it with the mod options.
There are no * stance mods * for firearms to switch between shotgun / stick / rifle.

latest?cb=20140828020821

Visual development has pretty much stoped at this point. Thr weapon does not shape shift either is just a fancy spear gun , the small cylinders are the ammo. You can thrown it , you can fire it. As far as further visual developments in this post , the only thing the might apear is the boss Version of Crona. Scaled up and more demonic looking 

10 minutes ago, KaffeRausch said:

After a dagger:
The system with the dagger is also to get more kills with the Parazon?
Wouldn't it be better if DE changed it so that in close combat the Parazon is automatically used when the opponent is weak?

The problem wiith mercy kills is damage is a bit out off control and you either overkill enemies 10 times fold or you don´t deal enought damage to kill tham at all. The mercy kill window is incredible small and not every enemy is opened to mercy. This weapon kind of tries to band aid both of the problem by forcing increasing the mercy window and keeping the enemy on bleedout stage. About it being better to jsut fix mercy as whole, well making reworks on system is outised of the scope off this post so band aids is all I can come up with. I´ve been saying that the mercy system  has a lot of flaws for example it is kinda off useless at base as I discuss here 

Also DE has a nasty tendency of bandaing stuff instead of fixing the base line system ( charge attacks sucks , lets buff crit mods for them instead of their base damage , screwing status based charge attack bukilds forever ) . So I might as well join them on the bandaid brigade 

i like the general concept, but thre is justt WAY to much to her. and the ult being so heavily labor intensive to use, either the enemy will die long before the ritual is complete, or would just be pointless to finish since most guns could you know, kill them quicker. The abilities need to be simplified, plus i have to eat up my resources just to use her? She has no real use in my own opinion, she's just to complicated for easy of use. I can hpo onto every warframe and start playing even with base, but her first two powers are useless without the cost of my own resources, and the other two, ones labor intensive and removes you from active combat for small buffs, and the other is useless if you play alone. i got excited when i saw posses, but yeah not like it is now.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Okamibanshu22 said:

like the general concept, but thre is justt WAY to much to her. and the ult being so heavily labor intensive to use, either the enemy will die long before the ritual is complete, or would just be pointless to finish since most guns could you know, kill them quicke

About the ult , you are not suposed to finish it unless it is a defense mission or survival. The optimal way of play is cancel is soon as the first seal is broken. IT deals hp sacling damage and spreads status effects so you can set up to do massive damage. 

On 2020-06-16 at 6:52 PM, keikogi said:

First Seal            

Upon breaking this seal, the Ritual deal fire damage equal to the burned enemy HP and spreads all status effect this enemy was afflicted by upon completion (also spreads any brews this enemy was afflicted with)

Edit:

Raven may recast the skill to end the Ritual earlier if at least one seal was broken.

The radius is fairly massive as well. It is supposed to be 25 meters for all effects of the end of the titual I just forgot to clarify because nubers are the last stage of concept 

Second Seal

Upon breaking this seal, the Ritual will spread fiery feathers, these feathers will reduce the accuracy of any enemies within 25. Any enemy hit by these will be revealed on the radar.

The requiriments are fairly eassy to achive 3 head shot kill , 3 kill while air borne or the easiest 3 enemy killed while afflied by a "brew"

The abilities need to be simplified, plus i have to eat up my resources just to use her? She has no real use in my own opinion, she's just to complicated for easy of use. I can hpo onto every warframe and start playing even with base, but her first two powers are useless without the cost of my own resources,

It works precisely like a Zaw you craft it it is yours it is not consumed during the mission. Pretty sure I had that in on early version of the post but I´ve probably erased it on an attemp to make this shorter. Going to edit that back in as note. 

nd the other two, ones labor intensive and removes you from active combat for small buffs, and the other is useless

The 3rd skill is just a buff to damage boost overshield capacity ? how it is labor intensive to use ? . The sheild regen mechanis is farily trivial to use as well. You have a skill that is a 1 handed action ( no handed on all due reality but I think it has to be one handed as far as the game is cocncerned ) that tags enemies for you , you don´t even need to get the kill for the shield regen effect to go off nor the effect has any range cap. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alternative helmet:
A plague doctor beak helmet would fit as an alternative helmet.

This armor from Bloodborne even has feathers, you can already guess the source of inspiration.

latest?cb=20170904021107

Pet Skin:

The companion can be combined with others, or how was it?
After the rose skin for Khora and her cat voices become louder that MOA could use a skin.

Suitable for Raven (Even if it is not magic / witchcraft) I would have an idea * laughs *.
Would match a Halloween event * grin *.

Mimic_standing.png

4 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Alternative helmet:
A plague doctor beak helmet would fit as an alternative helmet.

This armor from Bloodborne even has feathers, you can already guess the source of inspiration.

That would look cool 

4 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Pet Skin:

The companion can be combined with others, or how was it?
After the rose skin for Khora and her cat voices become louder that MOA could use a skin.

Suitable for Raven (Even if it is not magic / witchcraft) I would have an idea * laughs *.
Would match a Halloween event * grin *.

Could be a nice idea for a moa skin. Greed MOA. 

To the Crow Sentinel Crona:
Does this raven head remain exclusively attached to it, or can other Sentinel decorations be made on it?

Witch with beers, where is the cauldron:
You don't let the witch persuade you to build in a skill to summon a cauldron, a cauldron that stands on the ground and, depending on the composition of your ingredients, either harms enemies or allies who come close to reinforce?

Bliaar:
Can you give him an augment that he will iron the opponents as a companion?

16 minutes ago, KaffeRausch said:

o the Crow Sentinel Crona:
Does this raven head remain exclusively attached to it, or can other Sentinel decorations be made on it?

Given the precedent set by Venari( it can´t equip companion accessories ) I did not ask her to be compatible with sentinel accessories but if she was modeled odds are at least the head and tail should be compatible with head and tail attachments.

Witch with beers, where is the cauldron:
You don't let the witch persuade you to build in a skill to summon a cauldron, a cauldron that stands on the ground and, depending on the composition of your ingredients, either harms enemies or allies who come close to reinforce?

As it is right now the cauldron stays on the orbiters that ´s why she has these cylinders on her belt and on the weapon (they are they brew she brought to battle). If I were to bring it to the battle I would integrate it on her 4 , so it would place the enemy on the cauldron and Raven still has to perform the ritual>

Bliaar:
Can you give him an augment that he will iron the opponents as a companion?

Did not quite understand the last question

1 hour ago, KaffeRausch said:

I think I better leave these questions, translation problems in both directions.

Pretty sure I understood at least the first and second question?

Going to give more detailed answer and place the question as I understood it first.

First question

Is the Chrona head an attachment (like the Para sentinel skin for carrier)?

When We were designing Crona we did not care about accessories because of the precedent set by Venari (no attachments) but as it is right now at least the player should be able to swap her skull for another sentinel mask and her tail, the wing probably would create problems with animations.

Could a persuade you to create a skill where she summons the cauldron and the cauldron give buffs or debuffs on an area?

Yes and NO

About a skill to summon the cauldron? YES!!

About using it for AOE debuffs? That is redundant her 2 already giver her the ability to create AOE of debuffs.

About using it for AOE buffs? I don´t want to create a modular buff because odds are people will just pick the best flavor of EHP or DPS. I just feel like it will be the same as electric, heat and cold Cromo choose the best flavor in the moment and forget about the rest. If the buff is not going to be modular them it should not be related to the brews.

But I probably could replace the stake with the cauldron and change the skill accordingly on the 4th skill. Chance what you get from completing it. Something like

Raven call down her cauldron imprisoning an enemy and starting to cook him alive. And go on from this.

2 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

I think you'd better forget the cauldron, better stick to the ritual.
My ideas are becoming silly.

I had thought of the cauldron only as a makirung, but the circle on the floor should be enough.

fbd798e7242cdef02bfcf180c6d4a3a1.jpg

Cooking people is not exactly outside of what people would expect from a witch. The initial idea of puting someone on stake and going on from there made a lot of sence on the frist version that had a bit of fire spim. Keepint the overall idea of an ritual that require some task to finish but change the effects and task to acomodate might be a good idea.

Archived