Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum Void Bottleneck feedback.

phoenix1992

Hello there.

I wish to point to 2 factors the currently bottleneck Granum void. I have also added gameplay video capture in order to clarify those points (the videos are unlisted, it is not a self promotion).

Point 1 - Regardless of how fast you can in a mission, you have to sit down and wait for some time in order for the Treasurer to spawn. While this is not a "mega major" issue, it is gameplay breaking in my honest opinion - under no circumstances, one should stay near a minute of afk.

Point 2 - Severe limitation on builds. While it is no secret that Mesa is the go to, this frame is not the only one that can deal with the task with relative ease (for solo), however any other build needs to focus on short term high efficiency spamming, otherwise they can't clean enough enemies within a single rotation. This, for me again enters a gameplay breaking loop, akin to the  reasons why Ember and Banshee got reworked.

Clip 1 : Mag with neutral efficiency (100%) :

Objective is completed at : 1:54, treasurer spawns at 3:03, time spend in the Void 1:20

Clip 2: Mag with high efficiency (140%) 

Objective is completed at : 2:27, treasurer spawns at 3:36, time spend in the Void 0:49

Please keep in mind, that the builds are not optimized for speed running, neither is my basic technique. I am sure that an player with a proper mind set can finish the mission in around 4 minutes, however that won't change the fact that he will have at least a minute of afk time until the treasurer spawns, and his build will be limited due to the set up of the Void.

Additional comment, I have done this on the lowest difficulty as this is the one that will be most frequently visited by players due to it's accessibility. 

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I've never had to afk to wait for the treasurer to spawn. I don't think Having to wait 1 or 2 minutes is even that big a deal, honestly. Why is it game breaking? 

Because in a game such as warframe (fast paced over the shoulder action game), down time is the opposite of the end goal. I routinely have to mess around near evac waiting for the spawn to show up.

Also I find it a bit... ironical that within a 4-5 minute mission, it would be "okay" to stay afk for 1-2 minutes.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Because in a game such as warframe (fast paced over the shoulder action game), down time is the opposite of the end goal. I routinely have to mess around near evac waiting for the spawn to show up.

Also I find it a bit... ironical that within a 4-5 minute mission, it would be "okay" to stay afk for 1-2 minutes.

Man, wait until you find out about defense and mobile defense missions!

Also, this is me nitpicking, but "ironical" is not a word, you were looking for "ironic."

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Man, wait until you find out about defense and mobile defense missions!

Also, this is me nitpicking, but "ironical" is not a word, you were looking for "ironic."

This is neither Defense, MD or Survival mission, nor do I see the point of making the equation between "defending an objective for set amount of time" in which you can not stay AFK unless you are in co op or use a specter. The mode I have highlighted is extermination, in capture the delay is a lot higher. Mind, that I am not using a "speedrun" frame (Volt, Nova and such), nor buzzing around in Operator mode, yet I am hitting that bottleneck. 

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

This is neither Defense, MD or Survival mission, nor do I see the point of making the equation between "defending an objective for set amount of time" in which you can not stay AFK unless you are in co op or use a specter. The mode I have highlighted is extermination, in capture the delay is a lot higher. Mind, that I am not using a "speedrun" frame (Volt, Nova and such), nor buzzing around in Operator mode, yet I am hitting that bottleneck. 

I generally headed directly to the exit when I finished the granum void, and around the time I got to the exit the treasurer would spawn. Also captures tend to have longer runs to the exit so you may end up with the same wait or not wait time regardless.

This may have changed, now that I think about it, now that it kicks you out once you get enough kills for all three rewards. I already did all my farming before that. I still think it's a trivial issue, though. But that is a personal opinion.

If you get a treasurer, leave the mission and start a new one dragging along your coin from the previous mission, you can cut down on the wait for the treasurer by running the granum void mission first. All that aside... what Banshee rework?

Edited by BansheePrime

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I generally headed directly to the exit when I finished the granum void, and around the time I got to the exit the treasurer would spawn. Also captures tend to have longer runs to the exit so you may end up with the same wait or not wait time regardless.

This may have changed, now that I think about it, now that it kicks you out once you get enough kills for all three rewards. I already did all my farming before that. I still think it's a trivial issue, though. But that is a personal opinion.

You are correct, currently once you hit 75 the void spits you out.

Please consider that in captures, for some reasons all the runs I am timing at a spawn time of 4 minutes, even if the mission itself is completed in sub 1. While it is not a major issue, the fix is also not requiring something big - make the spawn for the treasurer at a set time after the mission is completed (for example 20-30 secs), instead of the current overall timer.

7 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

If you get a treasurer, leave the mission and start a new one dragging along your coin from the previous mission, you can cut down on the wait for the treasurer by running the granum void mission first. All that aside... what Banshee rework?

I have yet to try using nekros or something along the lines to get multiple coins in one run and slot them in other runs, is it worth the hassle?

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Please consider that in captures, for some reasons all the runs I am timing at a spawn time of 4 minutes, even if the mission itself is completed in sub 1. While it is not a major issue, the fix is also not requiring something big - make the spawn for the treasurer at a set time after the mission is completed (for example 20-30 secs), instead of the current overall timer.

This seems fair. 

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I have yet to try using nekros or something along the lines to get multiple coins in one run and slot them in other runs, is it worth the hassle?

I thought they patched it so Nekros and maybe even Hydroid etc don't work on the treasurer.

13 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I thought they patched it so Nekros and maybe even Hydroid etc don't work on the treasurer.

This seems to be the up to date case, as neither nekros, nor ivara could do a lot with it.

On the other hand, in the last runs the treasurer had the nasty habit of walking into the evac point and teleporting around =.=

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

This seems to be the up to date case, as neither nekros, nor ivara could do a lot with it.

On the other hand, in the last runs the treasurer had the nasty habit of walking into the evac point and teleporting around =.=

yea if he enters the exit area he runs another way to not mess things up and any coin dropped there will port away. I didn't realize they had made the Treasurer port, they made it sound like he just turns directions.

Farm solitary extra coin of each type. From there start as usual if a capture mission grab capture target then then immediately go to the void most of the time for some reason he spawns when you come out. In the other missions just do the void when you arrive, then the mission when you get out. It really will save you a bunch of time on average doing it this way with the exception of farming that one starter coin of each type.😎