Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Before The Open Beta. Read Thıs

zikkim

ok so after the open beta alot of new players came.. they dont seem to care to help teammates out when theyre down and theyre beıng arrogant.

the players before the open beta are the opposıte ımo.

so what ı want to suggest ıs that the players before the open beta wrıte down theır names - only the players that can work as a real team - wrıte down theır names and add eachother to the frıends lıst.

lets make gamıng fun agaın wıth trustworthy players ın our frıends lıst.

ps : ım not dıscrımınatıng the newer players. ı just want to have fun wıth trust worthy players around me.

add me ıf u want to work as a real team : zikkim

It's something to expect. I think we'll see even more of this when closed beta ends for good. The game and community has to grow after all. I'm sure some of the open beta players will also be team players, though. We just need to keep a positive attitude. :)

On the other hand:

@DEdevs: please implement some kind of player ignore or black list? That would be helpful.

Edited by Windbow

<- Pre-Open Beta

Most of the new players don't yet know how many of the game's elements work. Even before open beta, a large number of closed beta players couldn't figure out things like the relationship between Corpus cameras and laser doors, or what makes bosses spam knockdown attacks. This is pretty much the norm for all games.

Discriminating against new players is not going to help them acclimate any better.

Edited by Ryme

I'm an open beta migrator. I can say I've made every effort to help anyone and everyone, waited for people lagging behind, and support anyone I could. I can say I've seen people who are helpful and people that are not. Some intentionally, some (as Ryme pointed out) just have no clue. I can also say that day 1 I was completely confused and I received very little assistance... the games not hard, I figured most of it out or looked it up, but I did so on my own. No one offered friendly advice, etc. I mean thats fine but the idea that someone may have held my ignorance of a new game against me is frustrating, but there are people like that.. what can you do?

In his defense I can understand what the OP is saying, if he's not a social/helpful/outgoing (pick one or all) person trying to pin him as the guy to help may not be a good idea. He's not good at it and/or doesn't want to do it. He shouldn't be dinged for not wanting to be weighed down by new people that don't know how to play and he certainly shouldn't be dinged for not wanting to play with flat out rude people that just don't care.

But as Ryme said this game does have a learning curve. I jumped right in as soon as I DL'ed it. I didn't even know how to talk, where I was going, what the point was. I figured it out but someone else may not and unfortately would likely give the impression of being rude when they don't even know T is for talking (it's not ENTER.. what?!).

It's your right to play with whom you wish. You have the right to avoid newbies. However, you may miss out on some pretty incredible players that just need a push in the right direction if you're just going to run on the assumption everyone joining after a certain date are all bad. Just sayin.....

Edited by panthyr

you do realise that the main reason your properly seeing more A******s is simply that there is alot more players thereby a equel amount of more A******s.

when that is said i have only seen this a very few times myself and that was actually by players lvl 4-5 (which doesnt seem like new players). only vs grineers (stupid perma stun) and at 35+ it seems to really be an issue with these players, rest of the time you can simply just ignore them and hope they will "leeroy" their way into an early death way ahead of you..

the game doesn't seem to compensate or reward teamplay much though, it really feels more like every man for himself with very few exceptions, which properly adds to the fuel of that bad mentality.

btw i am a new player, but properly won't be here for too long, finished off pluto solo now (to my knowledge the hardest place right?) and maxed a few frames and a good handfull of different weapons now, but the endgame seems kinda dull and purposeless, so gonna write the list of bugs/fixes/lacks/etc soonish and post it then wait till for a while and see what have evolved :)

Edited by erebus2075

If you don't want to play with noobs, play solo or only with friends in privet. I like playing with random people so i see all the tricks and all the mistakes that i would not like to make and now know not to....

otherwise, if you see someone playing poorly, help them! give them pointers.

i think what the open beta showed DE is that they REALLY need a tutorial before perma-open beta! including tricks (wall running, slide attacks, jump melee, jump kicks and so on).

Edited by Juper0

If you don't want to play with noobs, play solo or only with friends in privet. I like playing with random people so i see all the tricks and all the mistakes that i would not like to make and now know not to....

otherwise, if you see someone playing poorly, help them! give them pointers.

i think what the open beta showed DE is that they REALLY need a tutorial before perma-open beta! including tricks (wall running, slide attacks, jump melee, jump kicks and so on).

I agree, stop player hating on the noobs. Most of the problems I have are from people that have been playing since closed beta. I.e, people join a boss battle just to see what drops and then leaving once they get it. It does take a while to get used to the maps. I had a hell of a time figuring out that you could go in the vents. With that being said playing like a team is what the game is about not being selfish. Some things can happen on accident like the elevators, you have a trigger finger or because someone uses decoy in the elevator. I think a mentor program or a more advanced training mission might help some of the noobs advance.

We need karma. Or bounties even. Someone outright refuses to res you, quits after boss drops only an Orokin Cell or closes the elevator doors in front of your nose - you put rubedo or alloy plates as a reward for his head. Accumulate enough bounties on your head and friendly-fire is on! The reward is obtained only after killing the target 4 times.

How about that, DE?

We need karma. Or bounties even. Someone outright refuses to res you, quits after boss drops only an Orokin Cell or closes the elevator doors in front of your nose - you put rubedo or alloy plates as a reward for his head. Accumulate enough bounties on your head and friendly-fire is on! The reward is obtained only after killing the target 4 times.

How about that, DE?

I like this idea, this would definitely keep selfish and arrogant players at bay. After all, the game is suppose to be a PVE game, so you're suppose to help each other in times of need.

<- Pre-Open Beta

Most of the new players don't yet know how many of the game's elements work. Even before open beta, a large number of closed beta players couldn't figure out things like the relationship between Corpus cameras and laser doors, or what makes bosses spam knockdown attacks. This is pretty much the norm for all games.

Discriminating against new players is not going to help them acclimate any better.

Well, when the new player doesnt want to learn it does create problem.

Leveling with Nyx recently and she doesnt have any ability to go through the lasers and i was playing with a group of folks that all had frames that did and guess what? They all used those abilities while i was stuck waiting until they were out of view of the cameras. Even after mentioning to shoot the cameras. It was just invis, dash, charge. Yes, i could slide but on doors that close its slightly off some times and one does end up getting hit.

I think they should just make it so nothing can go through the doors. It's rather pointless to have those there while you can easily go through them with certain frames. It creates that situation i was in where they are just ignored by the people that can get through them while the ones that cant are left to deal with that if the other people dont bother.

What Mak_Gohae refers to is the lag associated with doors opening and closing in Online mode. Occasionally, the doors don't open in time while moving, causing you to lose a lot of velocity in the case you are sliding. Which then means you run into the Lasers, even if melee dashing.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, stop player hating on the noobs. Most of the problems I have are from people that have been playing since closed beta. I.e, people join a boss battle just to see what drops and then leaving once they get it. It does take a while to get used to the maps. I had a hell of a time figuring out that you could go in the vents. With that being said playing like a team is what the game is about not being selfish. Some things can happen on accident like the elevators, you have a trigger finger or because someone uses decoy in the elevator. I think a mentor program or a more advanced training mission might help some of the noobs advance.

that attitude leaves much to be desired from you all see some rookies went up though I am closed beta. I like playing with the rookies and help them so be diligent and look their best game

ok so after the open beta alot of new players came.. they dont seem to care to help teammates out when theyre down and theyre beıng arrogant.

so what ı want to suggest ıs that the players before the open beta wrıte down theır names - only the players that can work as a real team - wrıte down theır names and add eachother to the frıends lıst.

ps : ım not dıscrımınatıng the newer players. ı just want to have fun wıth trust worthy players around me.

underside of closed beta play with play with anyone you meet q. all aid is useful

While I can understand your frustration regarding this issue.

However I do not agree with us making some kind of a black list of players we think "suck".

I mean these new players has no clue on how most of the games mechanics really work and tutorials aren't exactly this games strongest point - it's more of a trial and error experience ATM (subject to change of course).

It is up to us "elders" to teach them or show them how it's done. By simply ignoring them we only come off as some kind of elitist jerk community...

Edited by Sollet

It's true that some people in online gaming can be &#036;&amp;*^s... however, I feel that the game could do more to enforce teamplay in players.

I think not teaching players what it means to play togehter and the core essence of Teamplay Functionalities, such as sharing XP, Mods, pointing out things with waypoints and finally helping up players is the biggest fallacy here.

If the tutorial brings up the importance of staying together and picking up your teammates... or there was more definite pop-ups explaining what a player must do...

For instance, if the player dies in a game with multiple players far away from their team, show them a tutorial popup that tells them about Team XP Sharing, Picking each other Up and other important things about teamplay!

There is a really simple and polite response to your beliefs on this issue. Quite a few people before the open beta were acting just like this.

So simply put, while I wouldn't mind more people trying to be a part of their temporary four person team and see that everyone gets at least a little bit of teamplay and enjoyment out of the mission, I am not expecting it because more then 50% of the players I have met are selfish, rushing, annoying, complaining, destructive putzes.

The open beta didn't increase this behavior because the new players didn't even know how to do half of these things. They actually improved the average behavior because they couldn't burn through the level and ignore everything of value. While they didn't waypoint drops, they certainly didn't try to end the mission in 3 minutes flat and get &!$$y when you were one room behind when they died.

Trying to blaim regular problems on people that weren't here when the problems started is not going to really help your situation. Good luck on getting steady groups that work together, but you shouldn't try to say it was the new players.

Why not just ask the devs to edit gameplay to further promote working as a team? The problem with new players is that the gameplay theyre used to is guns blazing solo wolf. We just need moe situations that promote more uunity in-game. Plus the fact the communit inside the game lacks communication betwen each other can also be one of the main issues.

Edited by Crysentos