Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Or Boar Prime

BeenProSinceDay1

Boar Prime has good crit build potential I guess. Wide spread, shoots way faster, looks cool. 
Sobek hits harder, has a lot less spread, shoots a little slower, and looks a little bit plain. It also has a larger effective range. 
Boar Prime is great at crowd control and in your face gameplay. Hell's chamber is a must for it to increase your pellet cloud.  
Sobek is better at pummeling down single targets. Hell's chamber is still really important, but less so since you're mostly punching holes in people with it anyways. 

i will just point out that Sobek defies the general 'close range' theory for shotguns(just like specialty ammunition for shotguns does).

Boar Prime is DPS, and only DPS that's what it's good at. 

Sobek is almost like a sniping shotgun. expect to use very few shells to kill enemies with Sobek, provided you are getting 100% Headshots(not too hard to be honest, it's very accurate). 

alternatively, Sobek can be used like a Boar Prime(sustained DPS instead of DPS in Sobek's case) minus the Crits. but IMO, that's a lot less effective. i actually recently put more Forma into Sobek so i could get that Alpha damage as high as possible with Corrupted mods. it worked out nicely. 

Sobek has a much further effective range over Hek due to it's higher base damage and tighter spread. not as much base Alpha damage, but all of it put on target instead of only some of it. 

Sobek does have a long reload, however. but considering you can clear a room without reloading most of the time, that's not too big a deal ;)

i will just point out that Sobek defies the general 'close range' theory for shotguns(just like specialty ammunition for shotguns does).

Boar Prime is DPS, and only DPS that's what it's good at. 

Sobek is almost like a sniping shotgun. expect to use very few shells to kill enemies with Sobek, provided you are getting 100% Headshots(not too hard to be honest, it's very accurate). 

alternatively, Sobek can be used like a Boar Prime(sustained DPS instead of DPS in Sobek's case) minus the Crits. but IMO, that's a lot less effective. i actually recently put more Forma into Sobek so i could get that Alpha damage as high as possible with Corrupted mods. it worked out nicely. 

Sobek has a much further effective range over Hek due to it's higher base damage and tighter spread. not as much base Alpha damage, but all of it put on target instead of only some of it. 

Sobek does have a long reload, however. but considering you can clear a room without reloading most of the time, that's not too big a deal ;)

Have you ever thought of tightening Sobek's spread using the corrupted mod? Like, making it even tighter? you brought up sniper shotgun and now I'm rather interested in trying it. 

The boar prime just does not seem to be doing enough damage for me, I read a little while ago that it came in second to all shotguns after strun wraith but after using it(crit build) it was a little underwhelming.

So you have problem with DPS which Boar prime has the highest among the non-event shotguns. You need to use the correct mods before using the crit mods. The 5 must have is

Accelerated Blast

Blaze

Flechette

Hell's chamber

Point blank