Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris will not throw halfway through final Deadlock quest mission

(PSN)Maunstre

While playing through Deadlock Protocol, I encountered a very strange, progress-stopping bug that made the Protea boss fight intensely irritating.

At the beginning of the Granum Void encounter with the specters (ie: the "tutorial" section), the Xoris throws and explodes normally with R3. I can throw it whenever I want regardless of charge. To note here, I am not dual-wielding the weapon. Since the beginning of the melee rework with stance changes many months ago I have long since forgotten about this mechanic.

The moment the Protea boss fight begins, the Xoris no longer throws with R3, even with a full charge. I struggle with this sudden change for several minutes until I finally get fed up and message a friend I know has beaten this quest already, asking if they had any issues with throwing the glaive. They said they did not, but they were dual-wielding the weapon to throw it.

Dual-wielding solves my problem with this fight, but the frustration remains. Further, in follow-up visits to the Granum Void, I can, again, throw the Xoris whenever I want, no dual-wielding required.

Please look into this issue. Is the glaive meant to be thrown only in dual-weild mode or not? To be suddenly forced to use a mechanic (dual-wield) that is neither mentioned anywhere immediately accessible much less reinforced as a thing in general mid-mission is frustrating and annoying as well as immersion-breaking.

In the event that it helps narrow down the issue, the full loadout for this encounter was: Limbo Prime, Helios Prime, Tigris Prime, Pyranna Prime, Xoris, and the Naramon school.

ETA: "Dual-wield" in this context is not pistol + glaive, but "melee-mode" / dual-wield of the glaive by itself (holding triangle), to clear out any confusion.

Adding further onto this bug report. Since the Protea boss fight, the Xoris now randomly flips between needing and not needing dual-wielding to throw upon entering the Granum Void to kill specters, and for whatever reason, the glaive itself is markedly less effective when dual-wielding - sometimes just not throwing at all, making the Granum Void pointlessly more difficult to complete. Please fix this, it is unbelievably irritating to deal with.

I did Deadlock and farmed Protea the first two days and the Xoris worked fine.  I dont know how to dual wield a glaive and a secondary...  I think I was using twin kuva stubbs while doing all the new stuff but when I was using the xoris it was the only weapon I had out....   I never had problems using it.   When I was farming protea and her weapons I prioritzed rescuing prisoners so I used my xoris ALOT.  It always did what it was suppose to.....

----------------------

Do you guys use any custom keybindings for melee or R3 that could interfere with it?  I use default control.   Circle is quick attacks,  R3 is heavy attacks/alt fire.  Im never in "melee mode" where you can manually block...

23 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I did Deadlock and farmed Protea the first two days and the Xoris worked fine.  I dont know how to dual wield a glaive and a secondary...  I think I was using twin kuva stubbs while doing all the new stuff but when I was using the xoris it was the only weapon I had out....   I never had problems using it.   When I was farming protea and her weapons I prioritzed rescuing prisoners so I used my xoris ALOT.  It always did what it was suppose to.....

----------------------

Do you guys use any custom keybindings for melee or R3 that could interfere with it?  I use default control.   Circle is quick attacks,  R3 is heavy attacks/alt fire.  Im never in "melee mode" where you can manually block...

No, no custom bindings. This was "melee mode dual-weidling", as in "hold triangle" to weild only the melee weapon with both hands. During the tutorial I could throw the glaive without having to switch to duel-weild of only the glaive, but for whatever reason the boss fight demanded glaive-only. Same goes for what is now random intervals in other missions with the Xoris glaive equipped. Sometimes I can throw it whenever without having to dual-wield the glaive by itself, others it has to be the glaive only. It's very annoying and inconsistent.

Ok you guys are right.   I went to use it today and R3 would not throw it.  I was equipped with kuva nukor and xoris.   

However.... towards the end I did find out something.   If you just HOLD circle (your melee button) it will chuck the xoris.   

I think holding circle to throw was an optional setting...or something changed back with the melee revamp....  I sure as hell didnt turn that on...  

So whether that is something that has permanently changed or just something specifically broken in the Xoris where the throw is not tied to "alt fire".  Hold Circle should fix your problems.   

I need to try other glaive weapons and then look in settings to gather more intel on this....   I would imagine its just a bug with xoris...  ALOT of people complained spamming your quick melee button was triggering heavy attacks accidently.  I never use heavy attacks.  I never use hold circle for melee combat....    The reason I bring that up is because I think   holding circle has been in the game for awhile now.    It sounds like the Xoris throw was labeled as a "heavy attack" instead of an alt fire....   

The dev workshop talks aout changing the xoris also because it has unique mechanics.   It has infinite combo/duration unless you die or use CHARGED throw.   I guess I should try that also... see if R3 can trigger a charged throw.....I just checked quick throw...   ugh so many things...  

-----------

But if you wanna bypass bug.... hold O 

8 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Ok you guys are right.   I went to use it today and R3 would not throw it.  I was equipped with kuva nukor and xoris.   

However.... towards the end I did find out something.   If you just HOLD circle (your melee button) it will chuck the xoris.   

I think holding circle to throw was an optional setting...or something changed back with the melee revamp....  I sure as hell didnt turn that on...  

So whether that is something that has permanently changed or just something specifically broken in the Xoris where the throw is not tied to "alt fire".  Hold Circle should fix your problems.   

I need to try other glaive weapons and then look in settings to gather more intel on this....   I would imagine its just a bug with xoris...  ALOT of people complained spamming your quick melee button was triggering heavy attacks accidently.  I never use heavy attacks.  I never use hold circle for melee combat....    The reason I bring that up is because I think   holding circle has been in the game for awhile now.    It sounds like the Xoris throw was labeled as a "heavy attack" instead of an alt fire....   

The dev workshop talks aout changing the xoris also because it has unique mechanics.   It has infinite combo/duration unless you die or use CHARGED throw.   I guess I should try that also... see if R3 can trigger a charged throw.....I just checked quick throw...   ugh so many things...  

-----------

But if you wanna bypass bug.... hold O 

Yeah, I've tried this and while it does bypass the bug, I've encountered another issue in the process - the Xoris will not detonate most of the time when thrown like this, I don't know why. Hitting "O" again as either a tap or a hold has a very high failure rate on triggering the detonation in all attempts I made. On top of this, the wind up is slower, just by virtue of having to hold "O" to trigger the start of the throw / heavy attack itself, very frustrating! I don't use heavy attacks either, funny enough - Xoris is the first to get me to engage with the system purely out of necessity. I do appreciate having the "spam light attacks and accidentally heavy attack" has been fixed, but I was would seriously appreciate even more if R3 to heavy attack was consistent in execution.

7 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Oh this is a HUGE problem.  Its more than just being able to toss Xoris.

The xoris can not be detonated or store up charges used to free prisoners.

This sounds like a whole new bug - you might want to make a new thread to report it so DE can catch and hopefully fix it!

Archived