Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage Ruins Pvp.

MattHarrigan

What do you think about the Rage mod in PVP?

I gotta say I don't really like it, cause it allows for pretty lame &#! strategies. Here's why...

You just need to be able to have enough life to take a little damage to life and then are able to cast those more  expensive abilities, that don't really fit into PVP because they're way too powerful. Ash oneshots everything with it. Rhino stomp is op, and with Blind Rage Rhino's Iron Skin is even more powerful. Trinity Link obviously being op etc.

Another thing why Rage is bad for PVP: the only way to counter these named strategies is to have a high enough kill speed to kill in one very quick attack, ideally kill in one shot, because you can almost always get away when someone doesn't kill you in one shot; and personally I want to use other weapons than Snipertron Vandal & bros. to be viable too.

I think Rage and Blind Rage could stay in PVP, if the C cost for those mods would be increased dramatically; they're strategy enabling mods that need to be very very expensive, so if you want to use them you kind of have to end up in C > 1500 with no sentinel and only one modded weapon.

Thoughts?

Edited by Lenzoid

I am against the whole PvP concept in this game. 
I said it countless amount of times before and I'll say it again. Dojo was more than enough. 
This is a PvE game which is the main reason for its success. No pay2win, no rage, everyone has fun together.

I said it countless amount of times before and I'll say it again. Dojo was more than enough. 

This is a PvE game which is the main reason for its success. No pay2win, no rage, everyone has fun together.

I agree. After countless time of saying "No PvP" they add PvP and then the implementation was odd. Some warframe powers to not even work. Some mods (like what the OP's thread is about) are overpowered. This game is PvE. I would have preferred a expansion to the Dojo's PvP. 

i could see pvp being done as squad vs. squad as some type of clan vs. clan mechanic and done on a hosted server to avoid the p2p lag issues.

but this would be something "well down the road" -- after the ps4 release and other issues are resolved.

i'll drop my 2c in with the rest, this game is better suited as pve.

It's a pve focused game. At first DE was adamant against anything pvp, then it seems enough people whined and complained and they gave in. Now we have the conclaves. I have no issue with people going to the conclaves to have a bit of fun, but when they go around complaining that certain things are broken in pvp and suggest that they are changed, that's where it bothers me.

I don't want my pve focused game to change (and possibly worsen) from pvpers who want things changed based around their agenda when pvp wasn't planned to be in Warframe in the first place. 

Warframe is not based around pvp and therefore certain mods /abilities are going to be broken. My best advice: deal with it. Warframe isn't meant for pvp. The Tenno aren't supposed to be facing off against each other (even though this is supposed to be honorable battle, it's not very honorable when the Tenno are abusing cheap tactics against each other).

Edited by spidey2092

PvP 500-1000 conclave is a really fun place to just hang out, talk about weps and build, and other Warframe stuff while having fun fighting other people. PvP is like a mini game on the side, it has nothing to do with the lore or real gameplay. Just enjoy it guys. Rage has no real effect if you are using Hikou, Kunai, Despair, Lanka, Sandal, Soma, Acrid, Embolist, Ogris, and many other weapons. There are many weapons that can decimate a person is seconds without them having time to react. 

TO ALL PVP HATERS: IF YOU DON'T CARE WHY BOTHER POSTING HERE? THIS FORUM IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU THEN.

If you disagree with Conclave system as a whole start another thread, or go to the existing "No PVP" thread. TIA.

TheStag: Rage still matters even though there are weapons that can kill in seconds. Everything is so fast in this game, one Dual Zoren spin attack and you can get away from almost any situation. Believe me when I say you "can get away in time if you want to".

I can't tell which things you have encountered yet, but don't you think that Ash/bladestorm/rage and Rhino/rage/iron skin/focus are a bit op?

The whole idea of Rage is wrong: The reward you get for taking damage is way out of proportion.

Edited by Lenzoid

I agree. After countless time of saying "No PvP yet"

Fixed for you.

Then get out of the PvP feedback section.

I'm sorry, have you actually paid attention to how people behave in the PvE in this game?

______

It'll be a warm day in hell when I finally see actual intelligence and constructive feedback.

Edited by FatalX7

• 2 weeks later...

PVP players are entitled to fun in this game as well.

PVE players shouldnt prevent PVP players to have fun.

If you dont like PVP, dont join it. Go play your PVE.

Let the guys who like PVP play their PVP.

I play PCP but thats just me. (Apologies if inappropriate.)

So many constructive posts about why there shouldn't be PvP when that's not the topic of the thread. Thanks for contributing you paragons of insight. To the OP; abusing rage is pretty lame, but the same can be said by instakills etc. Just adopt the counterplay of killing them quickly or beating them to the orb on rhino or something that helps negate rage abuse. I doubt it'll be balanced any time but I do agree conclave costs are a good way to do it if it ever happens.

It's a pve focused game. At first DE was adamant against anything pvp, then it seems enough people whined and complained and they gave in. Now we have the conclaves. I have no issue with people going to the conclaves to have a bit of fun, but when they go around complaining that certain things are broken in pvp and suggest that they are changed, that's where it bothers me.

While I haven't tried and probably won't try PvP for a long time, DE has, in implementing the Conclaves AND giving it a specific feedback section, given PvP supporters the right to, you know, give feedback. And how dare Conclave players give feedback in The Conclaves Feedback section!

I don't want my pve focused game to change (and possibly worsen) from pvpers who want things changed based around their agenda when pvp wasn't planned to be in Warframe in the first place.

It won't, because there's a seperate team that handles PvP. It's not detracting from the PvE game at all.

Even my rhino died in one shot from a good Lanka. No chance of gaining energy.

So you killed someone with Quick Thinking. Congratulations. But then again, this isn't about Lanka, Snipertron Vanal, Ignis or Vectis, this is about all weapons. Have you tried to put down a Quick Thinking + Rage enabled Rhino with an Acrid or Twin Gremlins, supposedly strong guns...? You'd be surprised at how bad they work against this setup.

• 2 weeks later...