Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vile Precision

Penthos

So recently as we have all seen, heavy caliber has been changed from reducing recoil to reducing accuracy.  Honestly, this change is welcome in my book, I have really no problem with it, however I do have a problem with vile precision still reducing recoil while also reducing fire rate.  With many of the corrupted mods, there exist many, namely the ability mods, that when worked right can counter each other at the expense of mod slots.  My issue is that vile precision should increase accuracy instead of reduce recoil because there are very few weapons which have recoil that is hard to manage, like the grakata.  Should it increase accuracy enough to completely negate the effects of heavy caliber?  I'd have to say no, but without regard to heavy caliber at all, it would still make it much more worth using in all aspects.  Heavy caliber's effects are hard to pass up, but this would be the best change in my opinion to make it much more viable for other weapons, as long as players are willing to give up that extra mod slot to work it properly.

In short, vile precision should increase accuracy to be more useful in all aspects, and partially negate the negative effects of heavy caliber so all weapons may gain usefulness from it.

Agree entirely. I think it should be able to be used as a counter for Heavy Caliber-- possibly with the final DPS being nearly unchanged when both maxed-out mods are equipped. This would help burst-damage weapons (bows, snipers, Miter) immensely without causing serious harm to total damage output.

EDIT: Vile Precision as it is is a complete direct downgrade to Stabilizer. Same polarity, same final value, harder to max out, and comes with a huge downside.

It literally serves no purpose other than to stack with Stabilizer for a near-minimal impact.

Edited by SortaRandom

I disagree. Vile Precision works like the Stabilizer mod:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stabilizer

They even have the same values. Both gives 60% stability at maximum.

This means you can combine Stabilizer and Vile Precision to give 100% stability. If you use guns with high recoil you will want this.

I use this in the Burston, and I very satisfied with the results: no more recoil and three bullets per shot directly on the same spot. This is the dream of any Burston user. The only problem is that you need two slots for this.

You can also use this combined with Heavy Caliber, giving you a damage bonus without the extra recoil, as for example in the Gorgon, which already have a high recoil. However it will decrease Gorgon rate of fire, and then you'll need Speed Trigger to counter this.

Edited by Wolfstorm18

I disagree. Vile Precision works like the Stabilizer mod:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stabilizer

They even have the same values. Both gives 60% stability at maximum.

This means you can combine Stabilizer and Vile Precision to give 100% stability. If you use guns with high recoil you will want this.

I use this in the Burston, and I very satisfied with the results: no more recoil and three bullets per shot directly on the same spot. This is the dream of any Burston user. The only problem is that you need two slots for this.

You can also use this combined with Heavy Caliber, giving you a damage bonus without the extra recoil, as for example in the Gorgon, which already have a high recoil. However it will decrease Gorgon rate of fire, and then you'll need Speed Trigger to counter this.

After 60% recoil reduction from Stabilizer, the huge majority of weapons are going to be incredibly easy to control right off the bat (including Burston and Gorgon). I think that many more weapons would benefit if Vile Precision was switched to Accuracy instead. This would be a godsend to Sniping weapons, like Lanka, Sniper Rifles, Bows, the entire Latron series, and even Miter. Edited by SortaRandom

I feel you are speaking about this like heavy caliber still has increased weapon recoil.  Either that or you do not own the mod or have leveled it enough to see how miserable it becomes.  With -100% recoil on your burston, your shots would still fly everywhere with heavy caliber.  Recoil reduction only makes the gun more accurate based on the player using it, but projectile spread you have no control over no matter what.

Also, if you have stabilizer, which offers -60% recoil maxed, why would you waste your resources with a mod that does the same thing with a bad side effect, never mind stack them?  Most weapons benefit enough from -60% where recoil is almost a non-existent issue if you have the patience to even try to aim.

Edited by Penthos

unfortunately, heavy caliber has been changed very recently, for no recoil weapons, it doesn't add extra recoil but a strong decrease in precision (bullet spread) instead, which ofc is utterly ridiculous since this effect cannot be countered by any mod available and is unbearable for many primaries that depend on precision (bows, snipers, semi-auto and full auto rifles).

Edited by From_Orion

Bump again. Vile Precision is useless, and Heavy Cal has no counter. This has to change.

Something will have to be done about fire rate loss not negatively impacting continuous weapons, though. They could probably start by making it affect them.

Bump again. Vile Precision is useless, and Heavy Cal has no counter. This has to change.

Something will have to be done about fire rate loss not negatively impacting continuous weapons, though. They could probably start by making it affect them.

Well, if you use Vile Precision to counter Heavy Caliber on a continuous weapon, you're already using 2 mod slots just to get a damage increase. That seems like enough of a price to pay.