Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt Should Be Usable On The Ballistica.

Blast_Hardcheese

Why not? Technically it's a bow, despite being a sidearm. Would four shots, each with a chance to explode on impact be overpowered?

overpowered?

maybe...

its hard to tell with what we know of dmg/elemental/armor 2.0 so far.

iirc, we still dont have data on explosive dmg or how much the new armor will affect it.

add in the seemingly vast array of elemental options, and could very well be something that would be overpowering.

thats under the assumption that they would not change thunderbolts mechanics.

Why not? Technically it's a bow, despite being a sidearm. Would four shots, each with a chance to explode on impact be overpowered?

Have you seen the amount of bolts that weapon can spit in a few seconds? Of course thunderbolt on it would be OP as hell, I don't understand why you even ask.

Have you seen the amount of bolts that weapon can spit in a few seconds? Of course thunderbolt on it would be OP as hell, I don't understand why you even ask.

with the current system, that is only true for so long...

start getting into the higher levels and thunderbolt quickly loses any value.

they could let us use it now and the only time you would see it get much if any use would be in lower level areas or when people wanna fool around.

the new dmg models could very well change that.

can bronco use shotgun mods? No, and for a good reason, maybe a new mod for ballistica , which i still dont like, and also, its a crosbow not a bow, just like hind is a burst rifle and not a sniper rifle or assult rifle

Design a new "explosion" mod for it entirely, unless you want bursts of instant 1000 damage when four out of 10 bolts you fire (with multishot mods) explode as each normal thunderbolt does 250 flat explosive damage.  

Mitigate it to around 75 each bolt explosion and it'll be balanced.  

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

my reaction when reading this / if when this gets implemented

Edited by Stinker

"As the release of the Ballistica was hyped by the Tenno nation, DE released Thunderbolt into it's list of possible powers. Tenno Operatives later discovered a rise of 50% in the Tenno Suicide Rate"

Edited by EganMC

Thunderbolt is a junk mod, it would be a waste of energy in this gun.

To elaborate, it has a low percetage of causing a low damage splash on a pistol that does it's "meat" as a charged attack weapon.

Just not worth it.

Ive seen people kills waves in defense with 1-3 explosive shots. the radius is quite good.

Let's consider this for a moment:

Assuming rapid fire, you get 4 bolts out of a normal Ballistica. With Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent, that becomes 4 x 2.8 = 11.2, more or less guaranteeing you'll get 11 shots.

Each of those 11 shots have 30% chance to proc explosion, giving you a decent chance to get at least 3 of them off. That's 250 x 3 explosions, or 750 AOE damage for the cost of 4 bolts (1 quick trigger). In one clip, you get 4 bursts. In other words, one clip gives you around 3000 damage, in AOE.

Sure, the explosions might not be armor ignore, but at that level of damage for one burst, who really cares? Its pretty OP either way.

Edited by Blazer-X

the only way i could see Thunderbolt working is if Ballistica had it's own version of the mod, which was a lot less powerful. instead of 250dmg, more like 75dmg. because the Projectile Density means those explosions would be happening all the time. so they need to be less powerful. 

the only way i could see Thunderbolt working is if Ballistica had it's own version of the mod, which was a lot less powerful. instead of 250dmg, more like 75dmg. because the Projectile Density means those explosions would be happening all the time. so they need to be less powerful. 

Or if the mod worked off of the weapon's damage. 250 damage for the ballistica per bolt is actually pretty insane if you burst fire it. If it was based off of the weapons base damage, like, 2x or 3x, it'd be perfect for the crossbow. Till then. No.

• 3 months later...

If thunderbold is removed you need to give evreyone all of the explosin mods otherwise your taking from them also I think a acid explosion would be a great mod or make it to were when burst firing make do the middle one and the outermost ones

Edited by Quadster342