Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity, Hydron and new players.

_R_o_g_u_e_

Players are (attempting to, but regularly Matchmake 4 dumbo Players with nobody to carry them) AFKFarming a Defense Mission because people heard it was popular, and therefore it is popular because it is popular. kinda like a lot of Celebrities - after a while they're a Celebrity because they're a Celebrity, not because of any actions they do. they maintain and gain popularity, by having popularity.

but the other half of that, is because AFKFarming a Defense Mission is the lowest possible effort they could put into the game. Defense doesn't go anywhere, and they'll just hope someone Matchmakes in to carry the Mission so that they can do nothing.
much like how Destiny has a rampant problem with AFK Players in basically every piece of content other than Raids - because there's no reason for Players to actually do anything, they can do nothing and still get there while they watch TV or whatever else dumbo Players do in games while they AFK.
the popular Defense Mission choice is because it gets to the goal eventually with very little effort.

but that's not expressly a fault of the game, as they can Level their stuff much faster if they put in effort to acquire XP correctly.
so who do you blame? i really don't see that much to blame the game for on this issue. Lv40 items are really dumb and Leveling is a zero interest activity of filling a bar, but the existence of Leveling doesn't make Players do that. moreso being a Multiplayer game is what allows Players to do that. but just allows, doesn't make them.

for example, you suggest that you need a Booster to Level a Warframe with Defense. you don't actually, you can Level it without one. it just requires some organization and, well, acquiring XP correctly rather than idly.
and in numerous other Missions, the same task can be done in half the time, again with organization and doing it right.

On 2020-08-18 at 8:56 PM, (NSW)JJA209 said:

No progression gates at all lol 

though, Gear checks can be quite fine, even good. not hard Gear checks i mean, soft Gear checks.
Mods are a soft Gear check, for example - you can technically play the entire game without them, but realistically you're going to have to acquire and use some Mods.

Skill checks can also be fine, as the Video Game version of a test - just asks you to prove that you have learned how to make use of __.

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

and anyone can build Fosfor for a sweet +200m affinity range.

Flares are the best Consumable Gear item in the game.

On 2020-08-06 at 11:39 PM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:
~snip~

Affinity needs a rework of how it is gained. i did a test a long time ago on hydron and made a thread about it.

the test i conducted was of playing frost. while playing frost and using his powers frequently and only shooting here and there i managed to make the most kills. since frost was already maxed out my guns and melee i wanted to level got barely anything. the next run i did playing as frost i barely did anything, had the lowest kill count, and i maxed out all my gear. 

the affinity system rewards non active gameplay and needs to change.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the affinity system rewards non active gameplay and needs to change.

The best way to get DE get off their asses and actually do something about it is to find some way to exploit it enough to become popular....

Archived