Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'which Side?' Megathread. With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Gravefire

Agreed. I don't care how strong the Grineer currently are: I've always had a deep seated hatred for the Corpus due to what they have done to our fellow Tenno. The Berserker shows only the first few steps in what the Corpus do to us when captured. Luckily she will be able to escape. But what of the hundreds or maybe even thousands more that don't?

Destroy the Corpus. Once our brethren are safe, we can continue to annihilate the Grineer.

Or the fact they're buffing us to make a stronger Tenno ? I

I think a lot of us are missing the point. Grineer have dominance all over the Solar System. We were awaken to stop these specific individuals. We need to band together withe the Corpus to slay the Grineer once and for all balancing out the Solar System so neither have complete control over the other.

I think a lot of us are missing the point. Grineer have dominance all over the Solar System. We were awaken to stop these specific individuals. We need to band together withe the Corpus to slay the Grineer once and for all balancing out the Solar System so neither have complete control over the other.

Actually that point is missing from this event in its totality. The "Grineer will get stronger" bit is actually really vague while the danger to Tenno being held by the Corpus is more solid. Is a failure to put meaning to the consquance of backing the Grineer.

If the choice was Save Tenno from Corpus or save Tenno outposts from eventual discovery by Grineer, then we'd have a harder choice. Save Warframe equipped comrades and risk safe staging points (along with support personnel), or save the outposts at the assured cost of Tenno lives. Would have made it a harder choice.

Actually that point is missing from this event in its totality. The "Grineer will get stronger" bit is actually really vague while the danger to Tenno being held by the Corpus is more solid. Is a failure to put meaning to the consquance of backing the Grineer.

If the choice was Save Tenno from Corpus or save Tenno outposts from eventual discovery by Grineer, then we'd have a harder choice. Save Warframe equipped comrades and risk safe staging points (along with support personnel), or save the outposts at the assured cost of Tenno lives. Would have made it a harder choice.

But as usual people will want to save Tenno instead of fighting the nasty Grineer that would control the whole system and then people will complain " Too much Grineer", during that time I'll just wave my corpus banner back and forth.

But as usual people will want to save Tenno instead of fighting the nasty Grineer that would control the whole system and then people will complain " Too much Grineer", during that time I'll just wave my corpus banner back and forth.

Let me be clearer. DE has made this a non-choice. Save Tenno from sure Death and increase Girneer power an unknown amount. OR Let Tenno be dissected (its a thing Corpus do) for reducing Grineer power by an unknown amount.

This event doesn't put the relative balance of power into any context. Operation Informer had more impact on wider Tenno actions than this event does.

I see what DE is likely going to do, use this Events outcome as the bases for re-noding Jupiter off Infested and into a mix of Grineer and Corpus. Fine, that's kinda cool form a mechanics stand and one I've suggested a few times in other context.

What has failed is the relative balance of threat. There is no backing for a "for the greater good" argument. The advantage the Grineer will gain from winning out is non-specific, while at least one outcome of the Corpus winning is very clear.

Edited by Brasten

Let me be clearer. DE has made this a non-choice. Save Tenno from sure Death and increase Girneer power an unknown amount. OR Let Tenno be dissected (its a thing Corpus do) for reducing Grineer power by an unknown amount.

This event doesn't put the relative balance of power into any context. Operation Informer had more impact on wider Tenno actions than this event does.

I see what DE is likely going to do, use this Events outcome as the bases for re-noding Jupiter off Infested and into a mix of Grineer and Corpus. Fine, that's kinda cool form a mechanics stand and one I've suggested a few times in other context.

What has failed is the relative balance of threat. There is no backing for a "for the greater good" argument. The advantage the Grineer will gain from winning out is non-specific, while at least one outcome of the Corpus winning is very clear.

Of course you know Grineer will go around with MoAs and Derf Anyo will never come true cause they will kill him.

Just a random thought, consider the defense missions available against each faction:

Grineer tend to attack positions that can be easily surrounded and overwhelmed from many different paths at once. These maps also offer plenty of cover for the attackers to approach from while providing very little to the defenders.

Corpus tend to attack positions with a very limited number of paths that offer little to no cover at all causing their troops to bottleneck out in the open. These positions also offer better cover to the defenders and the objectives are often located on elevated ground.

Which team would you choose to cover your back?

“If you choose to fight with the Grineer for Sargas Ruk, you can save the sleeping Tenno but the Grineer will grow even stronger. Fight for the Corpus and weaken Grineer supremacy however, our comrades fall to the mercy of Alad V."

OK Tenno, we got 2 choices here

let the Grineer have more power

or Let the Corpus get the Tennos in the Cryo chambers

WE NEED TO RESCUE THEM, THEY MUST NOT FALL UNDER THE CORPUS HANDS!

EDIT: Picture was wrong :c

Edited by AngelGuardcc

Alad V and the Corpus in general do the following with Tenno:

They hunt us, kill us, steal our Cryopods, perform experiments, cut us up, try to steal our technology, despise us and will do anything to destroy us. They call the Betrayers. They want what we have, and they want us dead and gone. They are not improving our frames, they are trying to weaponize them for themselves, to wipe us out.

You are a traitor to the cause, then.

And that is the entire problem. DE made it about either saving the Tenno or being bought out by the very enemies that cut up our fellow Tenno as we fight for their captors against their enemies. Going Corpus means being used and silently letting the Corpus murder or vandalize our fellow Tenno. There is no "Maybe they're friendly!"

We don't know if the corpus idea of what to do with tenno started after we started boarding their ships/murdering them by the thousands or not though. We could've been the aggressors, and now they're just making the best of the situation.

I'd so the same if I were them tbh, I'd also just hire some tenno mercs to work with.

We don't know if the corpus idea of what to do with tenno started after we started boarding their ships/murdering them by the thousands or not though. We could've been the aggressors, and now they're just making the best of the situation.

I'd so the same if I were them tbh, I'd also just hire some tenno mercs to work with.

I am sorry to be this blunt, but your ignorance is appalling. The Corpus are not misunderstood friendly merchants. They are a PMC outfit with torture and extortion methods that mutilate people for their own gains, including live experimentations with TCV strains and slicing up Tenno to 2understand their secrets". You don't know these things. You are argueing from ignorance. I am not.

I am sorry to be this blunt, but your ignorance is appalling. The Corpus are not misunderstood friendly merchants. They are a PMC outfit with torture and extortion methods that mutilate people for their own gains, including live experimentations with TCV strains and slicing up Tenno to 2understand their secrets". You don't know these things. You are argueing from ignorance. I am not.

Not only are they a PMC hellbent on exploring ways to make money in any way they can regardless of ethics, they're a cult as well.

Also there are no female Corpus so they're misogynist/sexist too.

I didn't really consider them to be "misunderstood friendly merchants"; just think it's possible that their aggression towards the tenno might be partly drawn from our genocidal actions towards them. I don't know of any where in the lore where it says that they struck first tbh.

I don't really find the actions that I've bolded to be that unreasonable in the universe WF is set in tbh.(It's a pretty S#&$ty grimdark place.) As long as they only do it Grinneer/Tenno, that just makes them seem pretty par for the course.

I'm not saying that they're "good guys" just that they don't seem to be acting that unreasonable. And I'd work with them semi-permanently  if it were possible.

So are you! you're just as evil as we are. Why Ced Why!!!!!! !??!!?!?!?!! <3

Resting the grimey, scratched up Soma on his lap, the Rhino opened his faceplate and took a deep breath. He stared out to the stars, behind the thick transplasteel. It was a beautiful sight, from where he was sitting. The firing main weapons of a distant Galleon illuminated the darkness, and the engine emissions of the burning carcass of the Corpus ship added a hint of blue. He smirked, as the voice faded in his Comm. With a slow motion, the Tenno pulled the Grineer body next to him closer, and with the other hand, flipped open the hip satchel of the scorched corpse.

"You see, Tenno ... your soul is a precious thing. The more horrors you witness, the more atrocities you commit, the less of your innocence remains. Eventually, you lose so much of it, cover your soul in so many scars, and have so much black coat it top to bottom that you become the horrors. You become the atrocities. It becomes easier to muder, maim and dismember. It becomes ... commonplace.", he replied.

The Rhino removed a cylindrical container from the dead soldier's bag, cracked it open and put the cigar between his teeth, after he cut off the end with the blade of one of his Zorens. He lit it, using the smoldering body in front of him as a crude source of fire. Flux rifles had cut, burnt and eventually killed the Grineer. No matter. The cigar was still intact.

"I'd say, these monsters - we, monsters - are a necessary evil. If you want to maintain the innocence of others, you need to sacrifice your own. Me, personally, I just do a job here. I come, murder those on the wrong end of my guns, and I leave. Lotus told me to pick a side. Save Tenno, murder merchants and MOAs, sacrifice Tenno, murder Grineer. Picked to save them. War assets are more important than civilians. Without war assets, there will be not much to live for, anyway. Civilians can repopulate later. Probably not a bad idea in the first place, since this generation is already befouled by the war. Seen too much. Losing their innocence. I guess I am too far gone not to commit evil acts in the name of a future I won't fit in to."

He took a puff.

"The monster is necessary to ward the city from the other monsters."

The Rhino stood up, leaving the macabre scenery behind. It was time to extract.

Edited by Ced23Ric

An Object at Rest

"Here...Stay...You...," the Grineer trooper said haltingly. "nno. You...stay here. Wait. Breach Soon. Then Sergeant give orders, We spill blood of many merchants" He continued as his confidence in the Tenno language, foreign to his tongue, increased.

The four Tenno he had spoken to barely seemed to register his existence. They knelt in a circle completely still save one. The smallest, an almost frail creatures with only small hips and the other slight differences in form that marked her as a young female, held one of her dual side arms in her hands, slowly rotating the cylinder as each chamber clicked into place. "Eeesh... Nay... Sen... See.. Goo... Rock," She counted, before holstering the one pistol and drawing its mate and repeating the exercise.

This repeated a couple of times before another of the enigmatic warriors, a male, judging by voice, spoke up, "Nova, be still..." The one called Nova did not look up. Her fingers did not stop moving, but other than the "tick,tick,tick,tick,tick,tick,shush, shush" of her actions, her routine was performed in silence after the admonishment.

"You know, as well as the rest of us, this is the only way she can remain close to anything resembling still before battle," said the largest, a Male, the closest any Tenno could be called to a brute of a male, "Hawee, Nova-ku," The giant Tenno said gently, before continuing firmly, "Tenno, Ray!"  "Peace, little Nova, Tenno Bow" The Grineer translated to himself.

The Nova quickly holstered her side-arm and then all four warriors silently bowed to each other just as explosion echoed through the halls. The Nova's head lifted pointing to the direction of the sound. Klaxons blared as a grating voice came over loud speakers. The Grineer Trooper listened, and once the broadcast finished, with a large grin spoke, "Corpus cruiser, many fat cow for the slaughter. Sergeant say we may begin"

"Volt, Mag, go with our Grineer host, and get things started, let no corpus live, and leave the Grineer with tales they can spread in awe and fear. I'll be along shortly,"

"And you know as well as the rest of us she doesn't need to be coddled, Rhino," Said the one Rhino had just addressed as Volt

"Just go, or Sergeant Ruk will think we are hesitant about our 'deal'"

Volt and Mag ran of as Laser and gun fire resounded from a few corridors away.

Rhino turned back to Nova, "Ok Little one, you know the plan."

The Nova in a young voice said, "Everyone is smaller than you, why do you single me out?"

"You are smaller than all and the youngest, Lit..."

"But no less proven"

"You point is made. My Apologies. Don't wander and see you soon," Rhino finally replied before he turned and sprinted to join the battle.

An Object in Motion

Nova paced where she was left while she waited a ten-count. and then while brushing her left hand against the wall started walking exploring the circuit of her surroundings. Every surface she touched, left a faint  cyan trail. Even her footprints were faint cyan impressions against the rust and steel of the deck plates. Soon Nova's walk became a dance. At each bulkhead doors she would touch a complex circle around the frame while doing a cartwheel. Slowly she danced her way towards the sounds of battle, smiling and sometimes laughing to herself, sometimes laughing at herself. This continuous display was a slight drain on the energy she stored, but she knew she was siphoning more from the environment around her than she was releasing. The darkened spaces around her were growing slightly lighter wherever she stepped, every where she touched.

As the doors to the next room opened Nova stopped, glanced about and then ran as if she knew exactly what to expect. She had been in a room like this before; several rooms like this before when  Lotus sent her cell to "poison the well of the Fomorians" under pay from the Corpus. This close to a reactor and she could easily top off her energy reserves, or perhaps...

It was at that moment her com came alive with Rhino's voice, "Nova-k...Nova, what's your location"
Nova frowned at Rhino's near slip after his so recent apology but decided to let it pass, "I'm sipping at the well"
"Good, we're at the breach, you're three rooms away, time to put on a show. Volt, dim the lights, Mag, Gather the crowd, oh and Volt help Nova on her way"

Electricity cascaded over the wires and lights and the ship went dark. Nova took off in a dead sprint towards the IFF markers projected on her Heads Up Display.  The world suddenly seemed to lurch and stretch behind her. In front of her all to see were deep blue arcs of projected energy shields, constant green pulses of Laser fire and orange, searing lances sweeping across her field of view. Suddenly a lance cleaved 2 grineer in half aiming for Novas midsection as she sprinted into the fray. She slid below its beam and then leaped after its pass. Landing amidst several techs, moas and assorted other crewmen with her arm raised, she released a torrent of energy as she brought her arm down. A sound as if someone had dropped a megaton cargo container onto the deck of the ship boomed from behind her, and then the only sound Nova could hear was constant ringing as bodies of Corpus Men and Moa alike atomized in brilliant cyan explosions. She stood and slowly turned about to watch and smile at sparkling light blue motes of brilliance cascaded around her. 

"Show's not over yet," said Mag dashing into the access tube extended between the Grineer and Corpus ships.

Nova broke from her reverie, and drew her side arms, twin revolvers of silver engraved with an ornate golden filigree, and followed after. Despite its large size of the breaching tunnel itself was narrowed by the extension mechanism used to connect the 2 ships. Every breadth of that space was filled with the ballistics and beams of death firing from either side down its length and in the middle, hovering in mid-air was Mag sitting as if in a contemplative state, surrounded by an orb that seemed to draw in the surrounding fire. Nova seized the opportunity, looked past Mag towards the Corpus, took a step through a doorway that was not there and disappeared, only to reappear roughly one hundred meters away through the breaching tunnnel, on board the corpus ship, behind their defense barricades. Several of the crew turn to face her. One, slightly larger than the rest, clad in orange tried to smash her head with the stock of his rifle, but Nova rolled beneath it and away from his reach. As she stood she again bathed the surroundings in energy as she had done on the other side of the breach. It was at that moment, Mag , in a thunderous blast released the energy she accumulated.

Room, compartment, corridor, deck after deck. Firefight, Laserfire, the pale cyan glow, a cacophony that reverberated throughout the corpus cruiser, until the ship was rocked by a detonation from elsewhere.

"I advise we go, The shuttle bay is two compartments aft," Volt said.

As the shuttle carrying the four tenno pulled away from the corpus cruiser, Rhino,Mag and Volt watch as tiny bursts of light and flame would punch through the outer hull of the now crippled ship before being quickly extinguished. As the breaching tunnel retracted towards the grineer goliath, all the lights of the Corpus vessels went dark and ship started to drift.

During all this Nova sat, kneeling in perfect stillness. Suddenly bulges appeared along the midsection of the Goliath's superstructure as if some giant pre-born infant was kicking in utero. In the SIlence of space a giant rent tore along the line of bulges as the Grineer vessel folded nearly in half spilling fragments of hull, cargo, and the bodies, of dead corpus, Grineer and shattered moa in a giant eruption of Cyan flame.

Rhino walked to Nova, and shared her kneeling postion in front of her. "I see you did far more than just 'sip from the well'" he said.

without looking up Nova whispered in reply, "I think I like it better when you call me,Nova-ko, or little one."

It is all aglow
Even a large explosion
starts with a small spark

''Get behind cover!'' the Grineer Commander shouted, ''Stay close to the walls.'' Saryn noted ironically that these were the same tactics that she would have exploited in the past.

''He's over there'' Grineer Commander said through the the comms channel, before unleashing a flurry of rockets at the Corpus Tech with his robotic shielding pet.

''Pet, more like a slave.'' Saryn glanced up at 'Boogie' as she affectionately called the Sentinel, which was currently unloading pellet after pellet at the helpless corpus with 'glowsticks' in the room, knowing full well that her 'pet' could quite possibly complete the entire mission without any outside help.

Saryn got bored, stood up and promptly threw her kunai, shortly after the wave of spiked metal pieces flowered like a lotus, the room was cleared.

The Grineer Commander vaulted over the cover, dashing into the next room ''Get behind cover'' He shouted again, shortly after got obliterated by a Fusion Moa ''And so the cycle continues'' sarcastically thought Saryn as she readied her stolen Ignis tech.

Edited by evil_m3nace