Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My main Ressource problem: Cryotic

LordScorpio05

There are way too many items that need Cryotic and no good way except excavation to farmm cryotic and than it is just 100 every 2-3 min(solo) 

i heard that in earlier versions you once got 1000(in my opinion too much) and then 500 per excavation... and that would explain some high prices

so why did they changed it down too 100?

i spend multiple hours farming just this one resource and its not even any sort of fun.. you just stay there(Khora,Limbo etc) and wait for the excavator to finish and its not even rewarding getting 2k after half hour! (7 and half hours for sibear without booster) 

As measurement: you totally need atleast 138,735 cryotic(~34,5 hours)  + 15k for all Pyrotic Alloy recipes ( + fishtrophies)

I have a few ideas to make it better:

1. More ways of farming/obtaining it(without explicit farming it but in lower numbers)

1.1 Add too some loottables of Cold planets like Venus,Europe,Neptune and Pluto (future Empyrian Corpus loot tables?)

1.2 Maybe a special way to obtain in Orb Vallies because of the Coolant Water

1.3 Arctis Eximus or general Eximus can drop elememt related ressource (like 10 or much rarer but then 50 or 100)

2. less boring/more rewarding(excavation)

2.1 Increased gain per excavation (200,250 or 500)

2.2 More gain when mined on Cold planets

2.3 Overclock the Excavator after it is full by inserting more Energy cells (has a cap)

2.4 maybe a less automated process and the addition that you have to find inside the circle a good oreveinspot to place it down and gain more/less

3. some recipes are way to expensive(Sibear)

3.1 Sibear 30,000... just take a 0 away

3.2 Freezing Step Ephemera 20,000.... 5000 are enough for a cosmetic with already low dropchance(Exploiter 5%)

3.3 every other recipe over 3k, cost reduced by 20%

I know we cant get all of my ideas in the game but it would be great if they could add atleast some of this in the game to make it easier(not too easy) and less boring to obtain.

Note: maybe i will add more or change some as this post goes on

vor 1 Minute schrieb trunks013:

Oh a fellow tenno who noticed that infamous hammer ^.^ the sibear LOL

The funny thing is that this Hammer is actually good but there a still better status weapons

and i bought it with platinum cause i dont wanted to waste a near third of a day farming it

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Ozymandias-13-:

It's only an issue because you want it all right now.

Once you have crafted the high cost stuff, you'll end up with literal tens of thousands of cryotic just from normal gameplay.

the only things i need at the moment are pyrotic alloy for the AMP and ZAW parts for mastery and i havent used cryotic for like a half year and only got enough to build like 3-4 parts because it near only drops from excavation missions which i only make for special missions like sortie,invasion,Lich(and then not more than i have to like everyone else)

14 minutes ago, LordScorpio05 said:

the only things i need at the moment are pyrotic alloy for the AMP and ZAW parts for mastery and i havent used cryotic for like a half year and only got enough to build like 3-4 parts because it near only drops from excavation missions which i only make for special missions like sortie,invasion,Lich(and then not more than i have to like everyone else)

Then switch back and forth. Farm it for a weapon, then just play the game, then farm enough for another weapon, etc. 

It's only a matter of urgency based on your mentality. Like I said, once you've crafted what you need it for you'll never need that much again so it becomes nearly obsolete. Spread it out and it won't feel so daunting. There's no rush to craft all of those things immediately. 

I've got almost 48,000 and no clue what to do with it other than feed the Helminth...

It is a bit unfair to comment on this, since by now I am one of those players sitting on a huge pile of cryotic that I don't really need (until Helmy comes along on the 25th). 

For some reason I never had cryotic as a problem (had some other resources instead), but several guys in our clan ran head-on into severe cryotic need. What helped was making this phase into a bigger thing, doing the excavations on nodes where the drops were more meaningful and combining excavations and void fissure missions as well as leveling gear (especially at Hieracon). Like so many other things in Warframe, getting sort of multiple rewards and other stuff done while excavating cryotic made it bearable, and even fun. Of course, we had the additional extra of doing it in friendly teams, allowing us to also play around with team composition and carry lvl 0 gear through leveling. So, based on this my suggestion would be to unfocus from a desperate "cryotic only"-perspective and make it into something bigger. It will still take the time it takes (a booster helps a lot, doubling your gain), but it will hopefully feel more rewarding and less irritating.

A funny thing is that we still (in the clan) have a preference for Hieracon as a leveling node due to the above, even if there are better places to level gear and warframes. So in the end it can't have been such a horrible experience, after all.

vor einer Stunde schrieb LordScorpio05:

1. More ways of farming/obtaining it(without explicit farming it but in lower numbers)

1.1 Add too some loottables of Cold planets like Venus,Europe,Neptune and Pluto (future Empyrian Corpus loot tables?)

1.2 Maybe a special way to obtain in Orb Vallies because of the Coolant Water

1.3 Arctis Eximus or general Eximus can drop elememt related ressource (like 10 or much rarer but then 50 or 100)

i still like this ideas cause it reduces the need for the excavation mission farming

Archived