Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival mode as a whole NEEDS REWORK!!!

(PSN)Berserker_Crow

Ill try to keep this as short and to the point as i can.

TL;DR at bottom

Something definitely needs to be done about Survival game mode.

Enemy spawns are Inconsistent half of the time. Times like this makes enemies spawn way less then they should. Even Arbitration suffers this in a very frustrating way; no matter if you go in solo or with a full squad.

There have been some instances where there would be a massive horde of enemies attacking (this is the only time survival is fun. It allows me to let loose and go all out rampage with my warframe.) But most of the time this happens; life support barely drops from slain enemies.

It would get to the point to where the total life support drains faster than the support drops from enemies, even though we are wiping the floor with the enemies.

The whole life support idea needs an update in some way. Its very primitive compared to other game modes in the current state of warframe.

I dont know if you guys have had experiences like this, but it happens way too often for me. I enjoy doing hour long arbitrations as often as i can, but most of the time; life support gets taken away like oxygen being swallowed by the vacuum of space.

(TL;DR) Survival needs a complete overhaul. Enemy spawn is very inconsistent; including life support fragments dropped from slain enemies. Im sure others have better experiences. Some may agree, others may not. Which i respect both sides.

Your issues might come from gameplay mechanics you're unaware of. If you're playing survival by yourself, but not in the solo matchmaking setting, you're getting the same amount of enemies you would get on solo, but on solo each life support capsule is worth double than with others. So that might be a factor. In addition if you're having trouble with Arbitration survival, that's because Arbitration Survival life support drops from enemies are worth only 25% of their normal worth according to the wiki.

Steel Path survival makes it so you have full enemy spawns instead of 1/4th, even on solo.

Your spawn rates could be off if you and your teammates split off. Than every teammate will get 1\4 the enemies in his\her corner oft the map. Survival is best done with teamwork staying close.

Othervise - I find survival one of the best gamemodes in warframe. I dont believe it needs a spawnrate rework. But it could use some extra hazzards to make it more interesting for long runs. Example; if the Team is doing to good and camping to much in a dead End - the room gets gassed, or enemies Start throwing grenades to flush Them out, or the game could spawn the Wolf or Stalker on the campers... But only after like 45 min of survival or if the camping Party was stationary for 10 min in the same spot.

3 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Your issues might come from gameplay mechanics you're unaware of. If you're playing survival by yourself, but not in the solo matchmaking setting, you're getting the same amount of enemies you would get on solo, but on solo each life support capsule is worth double than with others. So that might be a factor. In addition if you're having trouble with Arbitration survival, that's because Arbitration Survival life support drops from enemies are worth only 25% of their normal worth according to the wiki.

Steel Path survival makes it so you have full enemy spawns instead of 1/4th, even on solo.

Yeah. When i do survival, i always stay in the same tile (area) as my squad members. Or patrol by the neighboring tiles so camping doesn't feel so boring.

I do like camping sometimes (depends on the warframe and play style) but there alot of times where some squad members end up running off from the rest of the group to do their own thing. (Which i have no issue with, but it gets annoying when they refuse to stay close an very often all the enemies spawn near them instead.)

I know in my post above i said a complete overhaul. i do admit; that statement was out of frustration since the moment i posted this thread, i just got out of a very BS Arby survival and was a little bit agitated as a result.

I do apologize to everyone for not taking a moment to relax and keeping a cool head before posting this. Next time i will do better.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Wolfsherrscher said:

Your spawn rates could be off if you and your teammates split off. Than every teammate will get 1\4 the enemies in his\her corner oft the map. Survival is best done with teamwork staying close.

Othervise - I find survival one of the best gamemodes in warframe. I dont believe it needs a spawnrate rework. But it could use some extra hazzards to make it more interesting for long runs. Example; if the Team is doing to good and camping to much in a dead End - the room gets gassed, or enemies Start throwing grenades to flush Them out, or the game could spawn the Wolf or Stalker on the campers... But only after like 45 min of survival or if the camping Party was stationary for 10 min in the same spot.

I usually do stay with my squad as often as i can. But it gets a little annoying when some teammates run off and refuse to stay close to their team.

There are some warframes IMHO that arent very fun to use while camping or stationary (like Ash for example, him being a very agile Assassin kill frame) but it still isnt as detrimental since i run back and forth between nearby tiles that my squad are nearby.

But i do stand by my statement when i said Survival is very primitive game mode in the current state of the game, especially compared to the other game modes.

There should be some changes to spice things up to make Survival more rewarding and intense in its own way. Make it stand out a bit more.

18 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Steel Path survival fixed this already .. just go there its great

Not a good answer. The problem with Steel Path is that the enemies are bumped up by 100 levels and given boosted defenses. What do you get for the effort? The same rewards as you would if you did the normal version of the same mission, plus the handful of cosmetics you can buy exclusively with Steel Essence.

Also, if we're basing this on the OP, you can't do Arbitrations in Steel Path.

This doesn't even cover how unpopulated this mode is. If you like playing on public matchmaking, you'll never find anyone.

The only reason you'd want to farm endless missions in Steel Path is if you want to spend hours farming for the means to gets tons of Kuva. I'm pretty sure that, after an hour of survival, you'll get Kuva faster than any other mission because of the Steel Essence pouring in. You just have to be mindful not to play too long or you get temp trade banned.

18 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Not really, while sometimes you get 65~75 mobs spawn, out of nowhere that number drops to 45 mobs spawn for a while, then bumps up again

Survival really is inconsistent with its spawn rate.

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Not a good answer. The problem with Steel Path is that the enemies are bumped up by 100 levels and given boosted defenses. What do you get for the effort? The same rewards as you would if you did the normal version of the same mission, plus the handful of cosmetics you can buy exclusively with Steel Essence.

Also, if we're basing this on the OP, you can't do Arbitrations in Steel Path.

This doesn't even cover how unpopulated this mode is. If you like playing on public matchmaking, you'll never find anyone.

The only reason you'd want to farm endless missions in Steel Path is if you want to spend hours farming for the means to gets tons of Kuva. I'm pretty sure that, after an hour of survival, you'll get Kuva faster than any other mission because of the Steel Essence pouring in. You just have to be mindful not to play too long or you get temp trade banned.

Well the OP was mainly concerned about spawn rates.. and i suggested that SP had this fixed, which it has.. why is that not a good answer.. the rest of your response is nothing to do with what the OP was concerned.

2 hours ago, ZarTham said:

Not really, while sometimes you get 65~75 mobs spawn, out of nowhere that number drops to 45 mobs spawn for a while, then bumps up again

Survival really is inconsistent with its spawn rate.

Sp has been made with an increase in the enemys and thats what has happened.  I play SP everyday and I have never seen the enemys actually run out like in normal mode. In 2 hour runs I usually have 15-17k kills .. thats a fair amount of enemys.

38 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Well the OP was mainly concerned about spawn rates.. and i suggested that SP had this fixed, which it has.. why is that not a good answer.. the rest of your response is nothing to do with what the OP was concerned.

It fixes the spawns at the cost of a harder mode which more or less gives you the same rewards as if you played the normal one.

My point was that you shouldn't have to go play a mode very few people have incentive to play, and instead fix the terrible spawns in normal mode. 😛

1 hour ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Sp has been made with an increase in the enemys and thats what has happened.  I play SP everyday and I have never seen the enemys actually run out like in normal mode. In 2 hour runs I usually have 15-17k kills .. thats a fair amount of enemys.

I know, I also do SP everyday.... 19k~22k kills, but it's still inconsistent, from 75 to 45 out of nowhere for no reason.

On 2020-08-17 at 9:24 PM, -AncientWarrior- said:

I just tried SP survival. Though my weapons can take the enemies down, they are unnecessarily way too bullet spongey. I alos noticed that the spawn rate in SP survival is still no different than normal. And the rewards for SP are extremely mediocre.

People would argue that the Dax armor set for your operator is the true reward. But me personally; the armor looks very ugly to me. 99% of the time i use my warframe. I barely ever use my Operator at all. Only for stunning Queen's Guard in Kuva missions.

Arbitrations feel more rewarding to me because i can get Random Arcanes to drop while farming essence to buy Archgun Rivens.

Like survival is my most played game mode and my favorite, it just needs some small tweaking to make it viable for longer runs. But i do appreciate everyone here for adding their input. 😄

Archived