Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Resource Return

Cephalon_Elyksis

So, what if, now i know theres a small chance of this ever happening. BUT WHAT IF!
When consuming the frame, the helminth spits out the Forma/Umbra forma inside of it because... Reasons!
This way we can get our already invested forma's back and we can ammend mistakes that were made by umbra-formaing a frame that hasnt been primed yet/isnt primed for a long while and we want to be able to reinvest that umbral forma.

Its a small suggestion but i feel like this could make the Helminth that much more useable for everyone.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Elyksis said:

This way we can get our already invested forma's back and we can ammend mistakes that were made 

De never gave back any resources/anything if it was the players fault. I don't see a reason why they should.

"Because ... reasons" is not a reason. 

It was your choice and yours alone. You had fun so you got your bucks worth

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

De never gave back any resources/anything if it was the players fault. I don't see a reason why they should.

"Because ... reasons" is not a reason. 

It was your choice and yours alone. You had fun so you got your bucks worth

It is more of a suggestion based on nothing, im not saying we should get anything back beyond it being a nice bonus.
I dont expect them to but since umbra forma is so scarce it could be a good return, if any. 

I like this idea, I don’t know if the Helminth would be what provides players with a forma refund, but I do think this would be a nice and valued bonus.

It would definitely suck to have to wait for the primed version of a frame to come out (which often takes at least a year and a half). It would be even worse to put an umbra forma on a frame and then the next day hear that the primed version is coming out.

The real problem is that there is currently only one way of getting umbra formas, and it’s basically just a bunch of waiting around for the chance to earn it. If umbra formas could be bought from the market for plat, or even grinded for through some crazy unlikely RNG, then this problem could almost be a non issue.

6 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

There rarely are some outliers ofc but we know pretty well when the Prime frames are being released...

Yeah, but you know what I mean. It was more of an example than a real life situation. And even in real life it is possible for a primed frame to get announced the day after you put an umbra forma on the regular version.

• 1 month later...

Why didn't I get the helminth refund I am one of the only people who haven't got one I know someone that barely put any resources in it I know I others who have only leveled it up once and they still got the resources in refund I feel cheated I want to know why I wasn't eligible for the resources back with the resources in general I had it unlocked before everyone got it the refunds I had it leveled up some before and like I mentioned previously others barely touched it and they still got it they still got the refund they still got the resources why am I not eligible to get those resources I mastery rank 15 I've been playing the game for a very long time now and there's people that are master rank 9 master rank 10 and 11 that got the refund they have barely touched the thing why didn't I get the refund why didn't I get the resources back why am I not eligible to receive it why are people that have barely touched it eligible to receive it and I'm not I simply feel cheated scammed talk about catering to certain players this isn't right is there any way I can fix this?

Skull1338, I am sure it is an issue on DE's server side. If you bring it up in the bug form or in a customer servove ticket to DE directly, I am sure you will be able to get a dirrect answer. I had an issue with my Arch-Wing launchers not workimg and they were very quick to respond.

As for refunding forma, I do not think DE owes us that, though it is not unpredicted. I have recieved forma several times when the launch a rework for a frame, but this is as compensation for them changing something on us without our permission. The Helmith system is different for two reasons:

1. It is solely the players choice to subsume a frame. If you want the ability that frame gives, then you must accept the price to get that ability. That is the system mechanic. If you don't find it cool, don't do it.

2. The player can subsume a frame at Rank 0, meaning it can be a freshly farmed version of it. You have an avenue where you don't have to put any building resources put into the frames that you subsume.

1: thats your own fault, the only frame I've subsumed with a forma on them is Revenant, purely because I dislike them and just want every subsume ability

2: its just as easy to grind the frame and subsume them at rank 0, keeping your original version that you've forma'd

3: DE owes you nothing for you being an idiot and subsuming a forma'd frame

Archived